www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Weird Shit
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 315 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
 Weird Shit 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Weird Shit
I've had reports of malware on the site, if anyone has any screen caps or ideas of what the hell it is and how I can prevent it, please do let me know.

I thought she looked like the head of the English department at a high school, though perhaps that says more about the school I went to than her..

Sun May 22, 2011 2:41 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Post Re: Weird Shit
If any of you boffins now what to look for please tell the rest of us what to avoid or report.

Sun May 22, 2011 4:11 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Get decent internet security.

Sun May 22, 2011 6:15 pm
Profile WWW
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Nothing here.

Since the order of the world is governed by death, perhaps it is better for God that we should not believe in Him and struggle with all our strength against death, without raising our eyes to heaven and to His silence.

Sun May 22, 2011 8:33 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I got a warning of malware in the Admirers thread. I've e-mailed a cap to Miranda.

Sun May 22, 2011 9:59 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

I sent a message to DCI about the user Human that I think is a spambot- stuff like the ads he/she/it has in his/her/it's signature (like the WOW Gold site) sets off malware alarms on google and such. If there's one, there may be more...

Mon May 23, 2011 3:46 am
Climate Control
Climate Control

Yeah, dealt with it. Even though some still get through, it's with far, far less frequency compared to the Spamageddon period of 4-5 months ago.

You, because i have always wondered what it would feel like to get run-over by a bus.

Mon May 23, 2011 7:32 am
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Yeah you guys do a good job- a lot better than my podcast service!

Mon May 23, 2011 8:00 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks everyone, especially Gene Hunt, has this pretty much stopped now?

I thought she looked like the head of the English department at a high school, though perhaps that says more about the school I went to than her..

Mon May 23, 2011 12:55 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I've been away for a few days, but I've not seen anything particularly untoward. Other than all the pointless handle-changing, anyway.

Mon May 23, 2011 1:45 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

^that's pretty ironic...

Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:31 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

...and yet if you check the bass players thread, a spambot who likes Cannibal Corpse...

Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:32 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

The piss-annoying animated advert at the top of the page has been replaced with a block of text that reads: "[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /index.php on line 86: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /index.php on line 86: getdate() [function.getdate]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead".

This is actually an improvement, but I thought you might like to know.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:46 am
Climate Control
Climate Control

The main site is all fucked up. Unintentionally, for once.

You, because i have always wondered what it would feel like to get run-over by a bus.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:48 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

They're not trying to "fix" it, are they?

Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:58 am
Climate Control
Climate Control

As well as the issue Shallowthing mentioned, some of the text is appearing as oversized, such asin the Quick Reply box, actually everything below the bottom post. 'Last edited' text, too...

Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:12 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm on the case. This is a server-wide problem I am sure, I think I have patched the problem on the main site but I need to do something to fix the global settings which I will need the assistance of a nerd to do.

Mr Shouty, when ever have I intentionally fucked up the site? I was under the impression we'd had quite a lovely fluffy 15 months.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:48 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

robitusson wrote:
They're not trying to "fix" it, are they?

There's no 'they' it's just me. I'm trying to get the problem sorted, this is not some form of self-inflicted craziness I assure you!

Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:54 am
Climate Control
Climate Control

miranda wrote:
Mr Shouty, when ever have I intentionally fucked up the site? I was under the impression we'd had quite a lovely fluffy 15 months.

I was making a joke about the news stories you feature on the front page.

Yeesh.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:56 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

MR SHOUTY wrote:
miranda wrote:

I was making a joke about the news stories you feature on the front page.

Yeesh.

Am I supposed to LOL? ;)

There's some kinda problem with the main initialisation files, which (thankfully) I can't touch. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 315 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next