www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Terrorizer Tape Trade picking up the pieces
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 23, 2019 4:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Terrorizer Tape Trade picking up the pieces 
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Post Re: Terrorizer Tape Trade picking up the pieces
I'm still waiting for my express parcel from Oz (hint, hint)

Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:46 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

JCC wrote:
lawnchair wrote:
thank you to whoever you were - ive listened to it a few times now, the only track on it that i own was the daughters track - could i please have a track listing if you still have it?
I might have made some last-minute edits that I don't remember but as far as I can recall:

The Apples in Stereo - Can You Feel It?
Converge - Fault and Fracture
Dälek - Culture for Dollars
Omega Massif - Unter Null
Orthodox - Parte II. Apogeum
The Bug - Jah War (ft. Flowdan)
Broken Note - Let 'em Hang
Henry Threadgill Sextet - The Devil Is on the Loose and Dancin' with a Monkey
Bon Iver - Skinny Love
Erkan Ogur - Iki Keklik Bir Kayada
Daughters - Recorded Inside a Pyramid
Secret Chiefs 3 - The 4 (Great Ishraqi Sun)
Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band - My Human Gets Me Blues
CYNE - Escape
Them, Roaring Twenties - Labia Arabia
Ponytail - Die Allman Bruder
Iron & Wine - Flightless Bird, American Mouth

ahhhhhh it was you jcc!!! thank you very much and thank you for the track listing

Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:54 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

why's this been moved back here again?

Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:07 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Kaylee and Rosie wrote:
why's this been moved back here again?

Something to do with the rozzers not liking it where it was.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:28 pm
Profile WWW
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Got Welsh Rarebits 2 on. From Myr's xtra "teh Weslh muZicRulezzzzzzzz11lol" bonus disc from the tape trade. Meic Stevens at the moment; folky Welsh language funk/r&b tinged psych pop. :shock:

Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:25 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Of the Rarebits comp. quite a bit of it is fairly derivative to be honest Myr. Though it's definitely a new area for me for sure. I did like Y Gwenwyn "Hen Benillion". Great mandolin and vocals on that one. Sounded like a Welsh Planxty maybe (...more lazy similes on the way!) Heather Jones was good too, Marissa Nadler-ish, which is always good. Also, Edward H Dafis was pretty good. A touch of Horslips in there.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:00 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

I don't listen to much music of that era and I'm not able to judge how relatively derivative/original any of it is, was surprised how much of it I liked. As I said I prefer the first one, but whether that's any more original I wouldn't know.

Mods - this thread should be in music, it's not the same as other trades - this is community/social thing.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:33 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Right. Finally! Here's my feedback Myr.

CD 1
Track 1. This was the crash-bang-wallop one I mentioned before. Good stuff.
Track 2. I thought this was Samael again for a second when it played first. Nuts, spazzed out nintendo-core (that's what it's called innit?)
Track 3. Love this one. Really well put together song. Beautiful, beautiful music.
Track 4. This one I know. Secret Chiefs Three and it is farking awesome of course. Fraulein 'tusson liked this one too.
Track 5. More nuttiness. No idea who most of these are which is great, Myr. Nice one.
Track 6. Great lyrics! Fake American accents.
Track 7. The mellow one. Nice.
Track 8. Love this one. Really builds and in no way wears out its welcome despite the bonkers-ness.
Track 9. Tom Waits. Nice one. Haven't heard whatever album this's on.
Track 10. Yess! Trve fvkking folk! None of that twee, flannel shirt, middle-class, singer-songwritery shite. ....mutha FUCKA!
Track 11. Pretty darm groovy this one. Nice organ, which always gets an extra point for its own sake. You put the whole album of this guy on the bonus disc so I know it's David Wrench.
Track 12. Sounds like Fiddler on the Roof with riffs. I can see why you like pirate metal.
Track 13. ...speaking of which! Hey-Nonnie-No metal. Is it Alestorm? Yes, I know only a miserable, humourless, curmudgeon would frown and scoff at this, but it really is awful, awful shite. :? This one got flicked past on repeat listens Myr. Sorry dood.
Track 14. ...but you followed it up with a nice slice of proper metulz brutality. 8-)
Track 15. Wesley Willis. The Man. 8-) Still waiting for that documentary about him to finish downloading.
Track 16. Sure fond of the nuttiness Myr, ain'tcha. :)
Track 17. Another Welsh artist, is it?
Track 18. Cello! kvlt!!! Cool Primordial meets Elend going on. Don't know this, but I'm sure when I find out who it is I'll feel like I should.

CD 2
Track 1. Is this Mono? I'm sure m0)))rF would know this one straight away whoever it is. This'd be right up his street.
Track 2. Send More Paramedics - "Everything is not under control". I have this LP. Great song, great band. Reform pleeease!
Track 3. Lovage - "Anger management". Got this too. Haven't heard it in ages. Nice choice, Myr.
Track 4. Minus 5000 kvlt points probably for me for not knowing what this one is. Wasps in a jam jar, typewriter clacking blakk metalll!! It's good an' all but doesn't do a huge amount for me to be honest.
Track 5. Nice lyrics to this one. Good Guardian reading choice. 8-)
Track 6. Good moody piece. Is this an intermediary track on an album or this band's whole output like this?
Track 7. You really love that oompah beat, don'tcha Myr? :D
Track 8. Not bad. The voice is a bit of an acquired taste I'd imagine.
Track 9. Pet Shop Boys I presume. I lived through them in teh 80's so I'm never going to be won over to their potential charms I'm afraid.
Track 10. Not into this kind of pop to be honest. Kind of passes me by.
Track 11. More loss of kvlt points for me. No idea who this is. Bizarre lyrics for the style though. One of those weird Euro post-black metal bands? Arcturus meets Samael type o' thing.
Track 12. Didn't know you were a big bm aficionado Myr. Good party clearing racket. More loss of points for me though. No idea who it is.
Track 13. Not bad. I'm not mad about this kinda pop either. Nowt wrong with it like.
Track 14. I'm way behind with this epic ott black metal. This I like though. A favourite off CD 2.

About time, eh? :)

Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9