www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Terrorizer Tape Trade picking up the pieces
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 26, 2019 12:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Terrorizer Tape Trade picking up the pieces 
Post Re: Terrorizer Tape Trade picking up the pieces
Myrddyn wrote:
Edward Penishands wrote:
TRADE WITH ME YOU CLUNGEBUCKETS.

I will trade with you if you promise to stop being Triggerhappy the 2nd.

Finally!

Thu May 13, 2010 2:51 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

mgh wrote:
6. Now from someone who likes Portal, i see why Richie put this on. Normally i shy away from anything with Imp- in the name (same with Goat, Black, Vomit etc) but i actually liked this. Dirty death metal, but strip away the lo-fi production and there's some really solid riffs, and the atmosphere is what makes it, reminds me of the first time you heard Altars or Blessed... 4/5

Was that a coincidental choice, or do you realise that IR contain a member of Portal? I love that album, and I'm not normally into the "lo-fi" thing. I totally agree about being reminded of the first time you hear music that seems unbelievably evil and other. I listened to that album obsessively over Christmas.

mgh wrote:
7. Yeah now this is the Mutt's, proggy-doom, i'm a sucker for a flute, and i like doom which isn't scared of going above 60bpm. Add in female vocals, and this is what i've been waiting for since Mourn split up! 5/5

I've yet to recommend this band to anyone who doesn't like them. The whole album is great.

mgh wrote:
9. look, for any octagenarian to be doing smoething like this is amazing. It's not very metal though. For me it's more akin to 'war of the worlds' or 'les mis'. funny enough the latest Rhapsody album (also featuring Sir Chris) is their best for a while and i prefer that. but the man is a legend! 3/5

I basically agree. I think it was a mistake to market it as Lee's Heavy Metal album, because although the atmosphere and mood is Metal as fuck, the music really isn't. Once I'd adjusted my expectations, though, I loved it. I'm prepared to admit that I probably enjoy this more than it deserves, to be honest, but War Of The Worlds is my favourite album of all time, so it's hardly a surprise. It's going to make my album of the year list, rational criticism be damned.

Thu May 13, 2010 6:07 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Kaylee and Rosie wrote:
I would say it really helps when everything is anonymised (tracklists etc) that way you're not swayed by preconceptions. I'd probably even find I like some deathcore...

With the best will in the world, I downloaded and listened to an entire Symbolcore compilation that Tom put up on my short-lived illegal compilation-sharing thread last year. By the end I was practically in tears, and the best thing I could say about any of it was that it sounded like BTBAM would sound if they had less ideas.

Thu May 13, 2010 6:10 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Richie
i didn't realise that IR contained a member of Portal, but i will deffo be checking out more of their stuff. i already d/l the blood ceremony album, it's all totally brilliant. thanks for those two leads, i'm sure more listens will give me more things i like on your cd. and yes - you really did write Tony Te!

Thu May 13, 2010 10:14 pm
Profile WWW
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Richie H-R wrote:
Kaylee and Rosie wrote:
I would say it really helps when everything is anonymised (tracklists etc) that way you're not swayed by preconceptions. I'd probably even find I like some deathcore...

With the best will in the world, I downloaded and listened to an entire Symbolcore compilation that Tom put up on my short-lived illegal compilation-sharing thread last year. By the end I was practically in tears, and the best thing I could say about any of it was that it sounded like BTBAM would sound if they had less ideas.

Ha. Well my taste has changed a lot since then. I don't really listen to that much deathcore anymore. Those that I do are more metalcore or tech death based really. I'm more into hardcore/doom/BM again these days.

Since the order of the world is governed by death, perhaps it is better for God that we should not believe in Him and struggle with all our strength against death, without raising our eyes to heaven and to His silence.

Thu May 13, 2010 10:17 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

mgh wrote:
and yes - you really did write Tony Te!

I genuinely cannot understand why I did this. My mind must have been elsewhere, but where?

Fri May 14, 2010 7:59 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Lawnchair, your sender contacted me to say he "forget" to send you something, so he's doing it now.

Fri May 14, 2010 5:35 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Wolf Bender wrote:
Lawnchair, your sender contacted me to say he "forget" to send you something, so he's doing it now.

ahhh thanks very much ed - i look forward to it

Sat May 15, 2010 6:59 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Yaaay! Mine arrived today. 2 discs, plus 1 extra! It came with a hetero man-love card too.

Listening now. It's some crash, bang, wallop with a heavy bass and a funky drum beat. Ooh, exciting!

Wed May 26, 2010 12:45 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

robitusson wrote:
Yaaay! Mine arrived today. 2 discs, plus 1 extra! It came with a hetero man-love card too.

Listening now. It's some crash, bang, wallop with a heavy bass and a funky drum beat. Ooh, exciting!

The last one is a data CD with MP3s.

Wed May 26, 2010 1:22 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Rocking Myr! 8-)

Damn I know that desert techno thing so well. Cannot remember the band. Arrrgh!

Wed May 26, 2010 2:06 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

It's Secret Chiefs 3 isn't it?

Wed May 26, 2010 2:15 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

No, it's not that one. It's more specifically Egyptian than that and there are genuinely techno bits to it. I'm gonna kick myself when I find out exactly what it is.

I'm on the Tom Waits one now.

Wed May 26, 2010 2:37 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Horsemen if the Invisible by SC3 from Book M. Do you want me to post the tracklists Robit. The big funky one you mentioned was Tortoise.

Wed May 26, 2010 3:03 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

No, no, no. Not yet. Too early. I knew that was SC3!! Well...after 2 listens. Great track. I got Wesley Willis as well so far. No mistaking him! :D

Great selection Myr. You've obviously put a lot of thought and effort into this.

Edit: oh, and the "Hey, nonny-no" one is Turisas, isn't it?

Wed May 26, 2010 3:13 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

robitusson wrote:
No, no, no. Not yet. Too early. I knew that was SC3!! Well...after 2 listens. Great track. I got Wesley Willis as well so far. No mistaking him! :D

Great selection Myr. You've obviously put a lot of thought and effort into this.

Edit: oh, and the "Hey, nonny-no" one is Turisas, isn't it?

Probably Finntroll, although the Finntroll track I choose wasn't very hey-nonny, I have a horrible feeling I no longer have the tracklists, i hope they are on my external hard drive...

Wed May 26, 2010 3:19 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

lawnchair wrote:
Wolf Bender wrote:

Still no lucky Lawny C?

Wed May 26, 2010 4:06 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Dreadful Doctor Dee wrote:

Probably Finntroll, although the Finntroll track I choose wasn't very hey-nonny, I have a horrible feeling I no longer have the tracklists, i hope they are on my external hard drive...

Got no. 2 on now. I recognise Send More Paramedics and Mike Patton's dulcet tones so far. Nice.

Wed May 26, 2010 4:15 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Wolf Bender wrote:
lawnchair wrote:
Wolf Bender wrote:

Still no lucky Lawny C?

ahh sorry, didnt go in this thread yesterday - but yes! there was a mysterious cd waiting for me when i got home so i should have a chance to listen to it today - thank you whoever you were and i will report back soon

Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:44 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

thank you to whoever you were - ive listened to it a few times now, the only track on it that i own was the daughters track - could i please have a track listing if you still have it?

Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next