www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Best Anthrax album?
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Best Anthrax album? 

Best Anthrax album?
FOM 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
STD 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
ATL 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
SOE 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
POT 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
TSOWN 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Best Anthrax album? 
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Post Best Anthrax album?
So theyre re-releasing POT. I love 'In My World' which was eclipsed by 'Only'. Which is your favorite? For me its STD all nightmare long!

Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:25 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

Post Re: Best Anthrax album?
Persistence Of Time, no question. The songwriting and musicianship had leapt forward compared to the previous albums, though there were hints of the progression on State Of Euphoria. They were taking themselves (and the music) more seriously and it showed. Shame about the shitty cover song but despite that, definitely their best. Among The Living and Spreading The Disease in second and third, respectively.

I see why you've omitted most of the Bush albums, but We've Come For You All is the best of that particular bunch, and Worship Music deserves to be mentioned, the best of the post-POT albums for me.

Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:35 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I do love TSOWN but its not to do with the vocals that I didnt include the Bush albums. (I love Armored Saint) Its just the last album I really loved. Black Lodge so great too. :D

Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:47 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

Stomp 442 and Vol. 8 are shit and TSOWN is just dull, but WCFYA is great, if overlong.

Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I should relisten that one. STD also has The Enemy & Medusa - sounds like PL thread. :lol:

Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:16 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Being a bit boring, but probably Among The Living - it was my first Anthrax album and I still spin it occasionally. I could be tempted to go Spreading The Disease, the only real downside is probably the production is a bit rougher, and the performances not as tight (and the tight, chugging rhythms are a big feature of the group). State of Euphoria and Persistence of Time would be just behind, with the former maybe being a bit inconsistent to me, and the latter being a bit meandering with it's songwriting - an affliction that affected many thrash bands in the late 80s (though admittedly Among the Living could be accused of the same if I'm being honest and looking at it more objectively, but I'm not :D ).

Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]