www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Mastodon
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 9:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Mastodon 

Best album?
Call of the Mastodon 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Remission 15%  15%  [ 7 ]
Leviathan 30%  30%  [ 14 ]
Blood Mountain 28%  28%  [ 13 ]
Crack the Skye 24%  24%  [ 11 ]
Crack the Skye Live 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
The Hunter 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 46

Mastodon 
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Post Re: Mastodon
I only watched it once, same with the Mastodon, I didnt dislike them though but rather listen to the song (Mastodon) unless they are really good but I would rather watch live clips!

Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:38 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

The Wretch wrote:
Nicki Minaj is grotesque and fucking shit.

Quite. See also: that Beyonce guy and Iggy Azagthoth or whatever it's called.

Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:02 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Solaris wrote:
Iggy Azagthoth

We should start a Doom band called that.

Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:56 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Solaris wrote:
The Wretch wrote:
Nicki Minaj is grotesque and fucking shit.

Quite. See also: that Beyonce guy and Iggy Azagthoth or whatever it's called.

Iggy A is an odious cunt!

Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:42 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

Fucking leave Clueless alone, you cunt!

Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:22 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Did anyone bother with Once More ‘Round the Sun? Does anyone still listen to Mastodon at all anymore actually?

Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:14 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

robitusson wrote:
Did anyone bother with Once More ‘Round the Sun? Does anyone still listen to Mastodon at all anymore actually?

Yep! OMRTS is a good record. However, they are in danger of becoming one of those "meh, whatever" bands, like Orange Goblin.

I think they would be better if they went back to the more extreme prog of Blood Mountain, or maybe the more melodic/concept-based prog of Crack the Skye.

Last edited by doomrider on Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:35 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Mastodon is overrated and bloody boring. Can't say I've found a single song I like.

I am Deth!!! Fukk You!!! 我死了!你他媽的!나는 죽음 이다! 엿 먹어 !私は死です!あなたをファック!أنا الموت! اللعنة عليك !Я - смерть! Пошел на хуй !איך בין טויט! באַרען איר!میں موت ہوں! تم بھاڑ میں جاؤ !Olen kuolema ! Haista vittu !Είμαι ο θάνατος ! Γαμήσου !Yr wyf marwolaeth ! Ffyc chi!Ek is die dood! Fok jou !मैं मृत्यु हूं! फक यू!

"Anyone who says a bad fuck is better than a good wank has obviously never had either." - my mate Anthony

Metalcore- parting morons from their money since ages ago.

Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:18 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

It's a good album, but a definite step down from the previous one IMO. Didn't really add anything new to the mix, first time they essentially repeated themselves. Musically, it's a mixture of the three preceding albums, make of that what you will.

Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:40 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

It's a really good album, but I find myself only listening to Mastodon when they release a new album, with the exception of a few songs from their debut Remission.

I tend to play the shit out of their new albums and then kind of forget about them until the end of the year when it's time to compile lists!

Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:50 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

I think "Once More 'Round the Sun" is definitely worth a listen however I wouldn't expect it to compete on the same level as Mastodon's 200's material.

Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:45 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

They're a good and often great band who are a rarity in that they deserve the success they've achieved.

A much richer, deeper and more daring back catalogue than your average metal group would ever bother their arse to even consider recording, never mind actually do. It helps that Hinds is a Gibby Haynes-style drug hoover and all-round wild man who would have 'rock star' as his job description even if he'd only sold two records.

I do want them to do another properly crazy 'Blood Mountain'/Mars Volta blowout, though.

Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:53 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Clint Ruin wrote:
They're a good and often great band who are a rarity in that they deserve the success they've achieved.

A much richer, deeper and more daring back catalogue than your average metal group would ever bother their arse to even consider recording, never mind actually do. It helps that Hinds is a Gibby Haynes-style drug hoover and all-round wild man who would have 'rock star' as his job description even if he'd only sold two records.

I do want them to do another properly crazy 'Blood Mountain'/Mars Volta blowout, though.

Yep, a great band from start to finish. Once More Around the Sun is a really good album, and definitely worth checking out. Their drummer is one of the best in rock/metal, imo. I'd put him right up there with the one from Ulcerate.

Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:11 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

I mean, you could argue that 'Once More 'Round The Sun' gets a little too close to Rush territory, but that needn't necessarily be a sticking point (see also Voivod's 'The Outer Limits')...

Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:13 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

The first three were all flawed and didn't quite cohere for me, the next three are ordinary and dull. I wish they'd do something crazy again but even if they did I doubt it would do much for me.

Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:30 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

I have 3 albums of theirs, Remission which I fucking remember nothing of, Blood Mountain which I enjoy when I remember I own it and Crack The Skye which is their best in my opinion. Have seen little in the way of motivation from these 3 records to explore them any further.

Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:22 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

The only one I got into was OMRTS. But after that I didnt want to listen to it again but its nice to hear the songs in the pub.

Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:44 am
Fluffy Bunny Rabbit
Fluffy Bunny Rabbit

First vote for the Hunter.

Never liked the first Mastodon albums nor could I understand the hype. Crack the Skye was the first album that I really liked and turned me into a cautious fan. The Hunter was even better, just GREAT.

And then all the Mastodon fans I knew told me I was crazy and had no idea what I was talking about. Which made me think I nailed it.

After some efforts, I managed to like some stuff from Leviathan too, mainly the riffs. But I think the band really took off when they incorporated some cool vocal lines into their music, even if they can only pull it off in the studio. Their last one was very good too. I'd place it 3rd in order of preference.

Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:43 pm
Profile WWW
Infant-ry
Infant-ry

I seen them years ago at a Metallica gig in Dublin and they sounded shit, I had never listened to them before that, and gave them a big steer after that...Untill I was having a drink at a mates house 1 night and he stuck on Crack the skye and thought it sounded great, I have seen them twice since in a small venue in Belfast and they sound much better in there than outside in a field.

Some weak albums but alot of decent stuff there to keep me interested and looking forward to hearing new stuff from them!!

Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11