www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Defenestration vs Psycore
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Defenestration vs Psycore 

How to choose!
Defenestration 33%  33%  [ 4 ]
Psycore 67%  67%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 12

Defenestration vs Psycore 
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Post Re: Defenestration vs Psycore
Iron Steev wrote:
Agree with the Amen had one good song thing. Coma America was a belter.

I was referring to 'Justify'.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:40 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Dez Farfara (sp?) can wear Venom shirts, grow sideburns and hang out with Phil Anselmo all he wants but it'll never erase the memory of looking like a goth in Candyland screaming "ME LOCO!!!"

Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:44 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

And who could forget the haunting and timeless "BIG TRUCK!"

Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:49 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

I laughed out loud when Iheard that in an ad for a Discovery programme about - wait for it - big trucks.

I thought the second Amen album was OK at the time, I got it as a christmas present and have pleasant memories of listening to it while walking through the snow on the way to my ex's gaff. I couldn't listen to it now, though.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:19 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I was at a Cathedral gig about ten years ago with Monty from SB, and Casey Chaos was standing right by us. Monty was very drunk (and quite an angry young man when he was 20) and wanted to punch him for being in Amen. I thought it quite a reasonable response really.

http://seabastard.bandcamp.com/

turdy wrote:
Great tits and slow as fuck doom are Cromwell's Raison d'être.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:45 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Apparently, a mate of mine wanted to punch Lemmy when he bumped into him after a Motörhead gig in Newcastle. Not sure why...

Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:41 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Because your mate knows he will never be as cool as anyone who has been in Motorhead.

Lemmy can be a bit grumpy at times apparently, although I met him briefly on the Snake Bite Love tour, and he was happy to say hello and all that, so that's all you can ask really isn't it? I mean, he doesn't owe me or anyone else more than basic courtesy. I wouldn't know what to say in a proper conversation without embarrassing myself anyway.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:56 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Shallowthing wrote:
Amen had one good song.

Are they going to record it?

Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:57 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Solaris wrote:
I couldn't listen to it now, though.

The good thing about that album is that it doesn't really sound dated like most of the rock and metal of that time produced on major labels. It wasn't nu-metal so it was able to stand out, but i think it was often overpraised for that reason.

Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:33 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Cromwell wrote:
This one's quite a funny reminiscence thread from when we were all about 16 though, so of course we're all voting.

I'm trying to rack my brains for other bands that were in K! at that time and were hyped up, but utterly shit.

To be fair to Kittie, at least some of their later stuff was ok.

Anyone remember Tampasm? I actually really liked them. When I moved to Brighton (which was where they were from) a mate of mine knew them, and used to joke to the singer he'd sell me her number if he fell on hard times. She found this all a bit creepy.

I remember Tampasm. I still have a CD I got free with Kerrang that had them on with a song called 'Hard Core Romantic'. That was 1997 so I would have been 19/20 years old. So I can't really use the 'teenage' bad taste excuse so much.

Other bands on the CD included ManBREAK, Radish, Groop Dogdrill and (sic). I don't know if you remember any of those. It was also responsible for the 1st time I heard Iron Monkey and Acrimony so it wasn't all bad. I thought it was funny that a year or so later most of those bands had broken up.

Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:52 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Groop Dogdrill supported Motorhead on the Snake Bite Love tour actually. Their music wasn't spectacular (better than the fucking Tampasms and Coal Chambers of the world though) but they gave it loads live. The other bands were Radiator (yawn) and some local crowd whose name escapes me now, but they looked like a bunch of random kids (a goth, a hip hop looking fella, an alt girl, a faceless casual looking type) picked off the street and thrown on stage together. I can't remember anything about their music other than being bored.

Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:18 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Tampasm have a "web shrine" last updated around 2000.

http://tampasm.tripod.com/

Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:28 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Well, this thread has convinced me that the 1990s were shit.

Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:02 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Judging by the response to Coal Chamber's recent shows, there is definitely still a market for this kind of music. Maybe it's the nostalgia kicking in, but i was surprised when listening to them again recently. It didn't sound anywhere near as horrible and dated as i expected it to.

You could argue the internet played a big role in keeping all of this forgettable music alive, and that's probably true, but the same could be said for a lot of different styles really, including many forms of old metal

People never really forget the music they connected with in their youth, as unfortunate as that may often seem.

Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:06 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

There was shitloads of good stuff from the '90s, it just wasn't given much coverage. Same as the '80s and the '00s. The loudmouths and boors and bullies and gimlet-eyed trend chasers always 'win' at the time, but are remembered, if at all, with complete derision. (Or gushy misguided nostalgia. Okay, I've fucked my own argument)

Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:23 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Clint Ruin wrote:
There was shitloads of good stuff from the '90s, it just wasn't given much coverage. Same as the '80s and the '00s. The loudmouths and boors and bullies and gimlet-eyed trend chasers always 'win' at the time, but are remembered, if at all, with complete derision. (Or gushy misguided nostalgia. Okay, I've fucked my own argument)

I think i'm suffering from 'gushy misguided nostalgia', definitely. but it's a sad fact of life.

The 90's was a great decade for heavy music, better than 00's, and nu-metal contributed little if anything to its overall greatness.

Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:56 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Stat_Rad wrote:
The 90's was a great decade for heavy music, better than 00's, and nu-metal contributed little if anything to its overall greatness.

Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:48 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Necrolee wrote:
I remember Tampasm. I still have a CD I got free with Kerrang that had them on with a song called 'Hard Core Romantic'. That was 1997 so I would have been 19/20 years old. So I can't really use the 'teenage' bad taste excuse so much.

I have the Darling Self Destruct single, and still listen to it...

http://seabastard.bandcamp.com/

turdy wrote:
Great tits and slow as fuck doom are Cromwell's Raison d'être.

Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:04 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

The Wretch wrote:
Groop Dogdrill supported Motorhead on the Snake Bite Love tour actually. Their music wasn't spectacular (better than the fucking Tampasms and Coal Chambers of the world though) but they gave it loads live. The other bands were Radiator (yawn) and some local crowd whose name escapes me now, but they looked like a bunch of random kids (a goth, a hip hop looking fella, an alt girl, a faceless casual looking type) picked off the street and thrown on stage together. I can't remember anything about their music other than being bored.

Yeah I saw Motorhead on that tour, had seen Groop Dogdrill support the Wildhearts on the Endless Nameless tour a few months before hand too. My main memory of G.D. is Pete Spiby having one of the old '50s microphones strapped to his face with gaffa tape.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:46 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

I saw that too, in Plymouth. Groop Dogdrill were none of my business, though I did like taping the mic to his face.

The audience were the worst horrific crusty mutants I've ever seen, though. I was wearing a Misfits Fiend Club shirt, and several of them mocked me for liking Marilyn Manson - presumably they saw the colour green and the letter M and everything else was just shapes.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next