www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - The campaign for Mali to review the new Samael record:
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 The campaign for Mali to review the new Samael record: 
Climate Control
Climate Control

Post The campaign for Mali to review the new Samael record:
Come on, Tez. Fair, unbiased, knowledgable and with good taste, you know Mali's the man for the job!

Fuck, he'll even do it for free!

Make it so!

You, because i have always wondered what it would feel like to get run-over by a bus.

Tue May 03, 2011 10:11 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Post Re: The campaign for Mali to review the new Samael record:
:lol: i fully support this

Tue May 03, 2011 10:13 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

If it's done well, then yes. If it's some kind of "where are the songs?, metal ain't what it used to be, nu-thrash is shit" type of Malirant, then no.

Tue May 03, 2011 10:41 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

I tell you what, I'll review it here and if Tez want to steal it for the mag then great.

Tue May 03, 2011 11:18 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

No more than 200 words at 2p a word if I remember rightly (unless it's changed, Chris?)

Tue May 03, 2011 11:38 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

This needs to happen.

Tue May 03, 2011 11:52 am
Profile WWW
Climate Control
Climate Control

If he could incorparate some Malirotica in there it would be proper Brucey Bonus!

You, because i have always wondered what it would feel like to get run-over by a bus.

Tue May 03, 2011 12:00 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

SAMAEL - Lux Mundi

Once lauded as the future of metal, Samael's career hasn't quite reached the heady heights of contemporaries such as, er, Moonspell... but nevertheless 2004's majestic 'Reign of Light' remains one of the finest examples of big gay space disco metal the world has ever seen. Which made it all the more shocking when 2009's impenetrable, tuneless, black metal fiasco 'Above' hit the racks. I mean, what were they thinking? Still, never ones to make life easy for themselves, Samael have shifted the tectonic plates once again and returned for the most part to their previous incarnation as energetic, slightly Rammsteinesque Euro-metal for the thinking man.
Fans of 1996's legendary 'Passage' may find 'Lux Mundi' more to their liking than most of Samael's post Y2K output, as the band seem to have trimmed back some of the dancier moments, instead choosing once more to stomp with jackboot precision (most notably on 'Mother Night'), while reintroducing the sense of melody and songwriting flair which was noticeable only by it's absence on the tedious 'Above'. That said, the blastbeats of that previous album remain to some degree on album closer 'The Truth is Marching On', albeit used in moderation and (surprise, surprise) therefore to much greater effect.
It's slightly doubtful whether Lux Mundi will ever come to be considered a classic Samael album, but it is certainly a welcome return to the unique style the band have been forging for the last decade and a half.

7/10

Last edited by Mali on Tue May 03, 2011 1:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue May 03, 2011 12:02 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

stick in a bdsm tit wank and some anal punishment and you have a winner mal

Tue May 03, 2011 12:44 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

MALIBUMAN wrote:
SAMAEL - Lux Mundi

Once lauded as the future of metal, Samael's career hasn't quite reached the heady heights of contemporaries such as, er, Moonspell... but nevertheless 2004's majestic 'Reign of Light' remains one of the finest examples of big gay space disco metal the world has ever seen. Which made it all the more shocking when 2009's impenetrable, tuneless, black metal fiasco 'Above' hit the racks. I mean, what were they thinking? Still, never ones to make life easy for themselves, Samael have shifted the tectonic plates once again and returned for the most part to their previous incarnation as energetic, slightly Rammsteinesque Euro-metal for the thinking man.
Fans of 1996's legendary 'Passage' may find 'Lux Mundi' more to their liking than most of Samael's post Y2K output, as the band seem to have trimmed back some of the dancier moments, instead choosing once more to stomp with jackboot precision (most notably on 'Mother Night'), while reintroducing the sense of melody and songwriting flair which was noticeable only by it's absence on the tedious 'Above'. That said, the blastbeats of that previous album remain to some degree on album closer 'The Truth is Marching On', albeit used in moderation and (surprise, surprise) therefore to much greater effect.
I somehow doubt Lux Mundi will ever be considered a classic Samael album, but it is certainly a welcome return to the unique style the band have been forging for the last decade and a half.

7/10

NO 1ST PERSON REFERENCE!!! BITCH!

MALIBUMAN wrote:
Awesome tits for a 15 year old.

Moses The Prophet wrote:
You are facial hair?

Dreadful Doctor Dee wrote:
Terrorizer: As read by the Ayatollah

Tue May 03, 2011 1:00 pm
Profile WWW
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Lugzan wrote:
MALIBUMAN wrote:
SAMAEL - Lux Mundi

I somehow doubt Lux Mundi will ever be considered a classic Samael album, but it is certainly a welcome return to the unique style the band have been forging for the last decade and a half.

7/10

NO 1ST PERSON REFERENCE!!! BITCH!

Fixed, fucker.

Tue May 03, 2011 1:32 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Fists score of GTFO!

Tue May 03, 2011 3:33 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

robitusson wrote:
Fists score of GTFO!

Do you agree with half-fists? If not, would you recommend rounding up or down?

Tue May 03, 2011 3:36 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Moses The Prophet wrote:
No half fists. Optional round up or round down. I tend to round down.

I think that's fair... 7/10 would be wrong to score at 4 fists... I'll accept that and stop using half fists going forward.

If something's 3 fists, I still tend to refer to it as 3K as since time immemorium me and my mates have always referred to any average/middle of the road etc as 3K's. Yes, it refers to Kerrang, but, that's the way it is...

Tue May 03, 2011 6:10 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Moses The Prophet wrote:
No half fists. Optional round up or round down. I tend to round down.

This. ;)

3 K's is better than 7.5 type of silliness. 3 fists is a good, solid album but nothing spectacular. It's by no means a write off. 2 is where the poo really begins. :( It sounds like Mali's giving a 3 fist review there. "7"!!!

And 5 does not mean a "perfect" album. It means excellent, not flawless. Stoopid not giving 5's or 10's. You can always find a flaw or a dip somewhere in any music, if you want to look. It's the same reason why arts students never get 100% in tests, but maths and physics students do. I mean if it's significantly more than very good, it's 5 fucking fists.

Rant over.

....for now.

Tue May 03, 2011 8:36 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

New Samael is 3 fists then.

But that's not right because 'Above' got a 7, and it was shit. And lest we forget some mong gave ROL 4/10! Which is two fists! Puleez!

Wed May 04, 2011 4:38 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Only just noticed (shows how much I read the mag) the album was already reviewed in the latest issue.
They gave it 7.5/10

Wed May 04, 2011 11:14 pm
Profile WWW
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Ha. At least they scored it higher than 'Above', which is correct.

Thu May 05, 2011 10:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]