www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - MOTORHEAD 'The World Is Yours' review
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 MOTORHEAD 'The World Is Yours' review 
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Post Re: MOTORHEAD 'The World Is Yours' review
ahhh i dont have the issue on me to check.

MALIBUMAN wrote:
Awesome tits for a 15 year old.

Moses The Prophet wrote:
You are facial hair?

Dreadful Doctor Dee wrote:
Terrorizer: As read by the Ayatollah

Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:38 pm
Profile WWW
Ah, cool, yes, definitely remember the name. You prefer James, or Harry (or neither)? How's things then mate? You still writing etc?

lol, I know, yeh, metal's biggest storm in a mead-chalice ever! Which makes me think Earache knew it was a bit of a turkey

I always got on really well with Catherine but I reckon it was a joke edit that got left in by mistake as I'm not sure about the fax thing, cos I always emailed them in... BUT that's not to say I'm remembering it right as it was a long while ago...

Anyway, they (Earache or Morbid) should have done what I did when I didn't like the Kerrang review of our album... I got hammered and bent the Reviews Editor's ear for 2 hours about the factual inaccuracies in the review so that every time he saw me afterwards he looked awkward and tried to avoid me (we did get a damn good and accurate and live review from Dave Everley shortly afterwards hehe)

Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:55 pm
Gimp
Gimp

Quote:
Ah, cool, yes, definitely remember the name. You prefer James, or Harry (or neither)? How's things then mate? You still writing etc?

lol, I know, yeh, metal's biggest storm in a mead-chalice ever! Which makes me think Earache knew it was a bit of a turkey

I always got on really well with Catherine but I reckon it was a joke edit that got left in by mistake as I'm not sure about the fax thing, cos I always emailed them in... BUT that's not to say I'm remembering it right as it was a long while ago...

Anyway, they (Earache or Morbid) should have done what I did when I didn't like the Kerrang review of our album... I got hammered and bent the Reviews Editor's ear for 2 hours about the factual inaccuracies in the review so that every time he saw me afterwards he looked awkward and tried to avoid me (we did get a damn good and accurate and live review from Dave Everley shortly afterwards hehe)

The reasons why I was ever called Harry in the first place by anyone, the amount it's become entrenched in my life (my wife calls me Harry) and the amount of time it's seemed normal for people to call me a name that isn't mine now seem so utterly ludicrous you can call me Derek for all the difference it'll make. Still writing when the day-job lets me. Check out my nearly-weekly tweets!

The 'late 90s metal' part of my brain is creaking back into life... you were in... either Entwined or... that other one... aghhh... not Dominion, but that band that was a bit like Dominion... I could Google it but this is kinda more fun...

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:14 pm
Gimp
Gimp

Quote:
And furthermore might I say for everyone not directly involved, an obviously brilliantly hilarious one. Proto-'Beloved Cunt'!

Indeed Chris, the sheer staggering unlikeliness of it is the key, innit.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:17 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

H-BOMB wrote:
The reasons why I was ever called Harry in the first place by anyone, the amount it's become entrenched in my life (my wife calls me Harry) and the amount of time it's seemed normal for people to call me a name that isn't mine now seem so utterly ludicrous you can call me Derek for all the difference it'll make.

Jim Park told me it was because people at Uni (or possibly before that) thought you look like Harry Enfield, but he may have just been lying.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:26 am
H-BOMB wrote:
you were in... either Entwined or... that other one... aghhh... not Dominion, but that band that was a bit like Dominion... I could Google it but this is kinda more fun...

Definitely wasn't Dominion, Cradle of Filth, Blood Divine, Korpse, Serenades, Thine, Enchantment, Anathema, MDB or PL ;)

I was in Cubanate for a bit too

Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:35 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Really? Were you with them when they toured with Carcass and all the narrow-minded DM knobs reacted like they were 2Unlimited?

Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:38 am
No, but we did get some of that still several years later. I just did live guitar, mainly on the Fear Factory Obsolete support tour and the UK headline shows afterwards. Most of the tour was fine, and the band actually went down well on most dates. Brixton, and a few other places (Milan I remember), there was some proper animosity from sections of the crowd though, which I loved and found very pantomime.

Me and the other live guitarist wanted to write some new stuff with Marc (Heal) but I think 'musical differences' would be the right phrase (lol I wanted to do a dance/metal album, with really hard dance beats, metal riffs and pop choruses (like a dance Rammstein I guess!), he wanted to go back to electronic sounds and minimal guitar), though I did hear he's getting the original Cubanate back together this year for a new album and tour.

Gotta love Oxyacetalene. By far their best tune and a damn good song

Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:14 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

XIII wrote:
No, but we did get some of that still several years later. I just did live guitar, mainly on the Fear Factory Obsolete support tour and the UK headline shows afterwards.

Did you do the Dublin date? I remember being impressed by a Jackson Kelly guitar if I remember correctly.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:19 pm
It always surprises me the random stuff that sticks in people's minds...

Yes, the blue Jackson Kelly was (and still is) mine and that was me (right side of the stage if you were facing the stage). I joined the band literally only 48 hours early and was using cheat-sheets celotaped to the stagefloor as I only knew Oxy and had never heard any of the other songs until 3pm on the Friday before (the gig was on a Sunday, yeh?)

Similar paintjob/banjo to this...

Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:28 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Richie H-R wrote:
Really? Were you with them when they toured with Carcass and all the narrow-minded DM knobs reacted like they were 2Unlimited?

2 Unlimited were way better than Cubanate!

Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:38 pm
Chris Chantler wrote:
Richie H-R wrote:

Agreed

Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:15 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

XIII wrote:
Gotta love Oxyacetalene. By far their best tune and a damn good song

My favourite memory of that song is dancing to it in a club which was showing Transformers: The Movie on the video wall at the same time, and it went really well with the scene of the Junkions dancing in a manner almost as poorly-animated as we were.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:43 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

wretched_metal wrote:
XIII wrote:
No, but we did get some of that still several years later. I just did live guitar, mainly on the Fear Factory Obsolete support tour and the UK headline shows afterwards.

Did you do the Dublin date? I remember being impressed by a Jackson Kelly guitar if I remember correctly.

I was at that, too. I didn't enjoy Cubanate, sorry.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:50 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Solaris wrote:
wretched_metal wrote:
XIII wrote:

I was at that, too. I didn't enjoy Cubanate, sorry.

Well they weren't my cup of tea but I thought they were alright. Seeing as XIII only learned the songs in two days they sounded pretty tight. My mate was well impressed, but then he likes Dope so maybe he's not the best judge.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:04 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Chris Chantler wrote:
Richie H-R wrote:

No. No. No, no, no, no. No no no no. No no.

(sorry)

Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:35 pm
it's ok Wolfie... there's no limits...

Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:41 am
Gimp
Gimp

Quote:
Jim Park told me it was because people at Uni (or possibly before that) thought you look like Harry Enfield, but he may have just been lying.

Well, he is a teacher, and, as we all know from our Rage Against The Machine records, therefore the worst kind of liar.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:11 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

A few comments about this thread:

1) I love the new Motorhead, and think it's the best album they've put out in years.
2) I also like Cubinate. First heard them on the "Suck-Taste-Spit" comp and got some of their albums. I play them on my radio show on occasion.
3) Tez changing what people write for (seemingly) no good reason is retarded.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:35 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

deadthyme wrote:

I love the new Motorhead, and think it's the best album they've put out in years.

Along with Inferno, its probably my overall favourite since Sacrifice. It reminds me of their best material of the early 90's, more of a straight up rock n roll album in many ways.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next