www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Mag 212
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:57 pm



Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Mag 212 
Author Message
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:36 pm
Posts: 11854
Location: Ariens Garden
Post Re: Mag 212
Looking for the Hot Spot.

_________________
Image Image


Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:12 pm
Profile WWW
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 12:29 am
Posts: 12432
Location: The Bridge, Imperial Star Destroyer
Post Re: Mag 212
robitusson wrote:
Huh? Why?


It was all "I hate my Mommy," sections from the Monty Python Yorkshireman sketch about only having an empty packet of tissues and 2 elastic bands as his first guitar (obviously, I've added that) and "I'm a horrible person in real life"


Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:51 am
Profile
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:54 am
Posts: 25945
Post Re: Mag 212
steevXIII wrote:
robitusson wrote:
Huh? Why?


It was all "I hate my Mommy," sections from the Monty Python Yorkshireman sketch about only having an empty packet of tissues and 2 elastic bands as his first guitar (obviously, I've added that) and "I'm a horrible person in real life"


He's also a fifty year old man, have some fucking dignity. He also wears "corpse paint" with a beanie because he's fucking bald, which actually makes the panda make up look even sillier.


Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:06 pm
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:42 am
Posts: 9886
Post Re: Mag 212
It's nice to look at someone uglier than myself though.


Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:38 pm
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:32 pm
Posts: 8683
Post Re: Mag 212
Carnacki wrote:
He's also a fifty year old man, have some fucking dignity. He also wears "corpse paint" with a beanie because he's fucking bald, which actually makes the panda make up look even sillier.

He should just go ahead and go properly bald, he would look cooler. He really does go on about how much he hates his mum.

But then again, nobody will ever, EVER say "OOH!" in as cool a way as him, so swings and roundabouts.

_________________
Guardian-reading Fairtrade coffee-drinking bollocks


Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:03 pm
Profile
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:38 am
Posts: 27810
Location: Cunnamulla
Post Re: Mag 212
Carnacki wrote:

He's also a fifty year old man, have some fucking dignity. He also wears "corpse paint" with a beanie because he's fucking bald, which actually makes the panda make up look even sillier.

Positively Sherlocke fucking Holmes level of detective-ing going on there in finding some ridiculousness in a metal musician's attire.


Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:30 pm
Profile
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:54 am
Posts: 25945
Post Re: Mag 212
HE LOOKS LIKE AN EVEN BIGGER CUNT THAN MOST OF THE OTHER CUNTS YOU GINGER CUNT.


Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:02 am
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:29 am
Posts: 7829
Post Re: Mag 212
I wish the guy who interviewed Tom G. in this issue asked him this very simple question: 'If the drummer was pissing you off why didn't you fire him instead of throwing a big moody Swiss strop'.....

No one seems to have asked that question yet....

I mean seriously...the drummer was pissing him off?


Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:40 am
Profile
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:38 am
Posts: 27810
Location: Cunnamulla
Post Re: Mag 212
Does the drummer lad own the Celtic Frost name now? I can't see how that as having happened. I mean is the name just in limbo now?


Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:46 am
Profile
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:38 am
Posts: 27810
Location: Cunnamulla
Post Re: Mag 212
Carnacki wrote:
HE LOOKS LIKE AN EVEN BIGGER CUNT THAN MOST OF THE OTHER CUNTS YOU GINGER CUNT.

Professor fucking Moriarty wouldn't have stood a chance against you. Fuck, no. Regular Hercule Poirot we've got here.


Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:50 am
Profile
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:54 am
Posts: 25945
Post Re: Mag 212
robitusson wrote:
Carnacki wrote:
HE LOOKS LIKE AN EVEN BIGGER CUNT THAN MOST OF THE OTHER CUNTS YOU GINGER CUNT.

Professor fucking Moriarty wouldn't have stood a chance against you. Fuck, no. Regular Hercule Poirot we've got here.


Meet me at London Station at tea time and I will kick the shit out of you.


Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:59 am
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:32 pm
Posts: 8683
Post Re: Mag 212
markhebb wrote:
I wish the guy who interviewed Tom G. in this issue asked him this very simple question: 'If the drummer was pissing you off why didn't you fire him instead of throwing a big moody Swiss strop'.....

No one seems to have asked that question yet....

I mean seriously...the drummer was pissing him off?

It does seem to be the elephant in the room doesn't it, what actually happened there, and what happened between Tom G and Martin Ain. Weird.

_________________
Guardian-reading Fairtrade coffee-drinking bollocks


Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:33 pm
Profile
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:38 am
Posts: 27810
Location: Cunnamulla
Post Re: Mag 212
Carnacki wrote:
robitusson wrote:
Carnacki wrote:
HE LOOKS LIKE AN EVEN BIGGER CUNT THAN MOST OF THE OTHER CUNTS YOU GINGER CUNT.

Professor fucking Moriarty wouldn't have stood a chance against you. Fuck, no. Regular Hercule Poirot we've got here.


Meet me at London Station at tea time and I will kick the shit out of you.

See you there! I will be dressed like this.....
Image


Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:49 pm
Profile
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:54 am
Posts: 25945
Post Re: Mag 212
In which case I might mistake you for a homeless person.

I shall be dedecked thus:

Image

with a green carnation in my lapel to state my availability.

Aftewards, we will shake hands and enjoy tea and scones.

Edited due to typing like that octopus gif.


Last edited by hj864 on Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:58 pm
Profile
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:38 am
Posts: 27810
Location: Cunnamulla
Post Re: Mag 212
...and a fumble in the greasy till?


Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:59 pm
Profile
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:54 am
Posts: 25945
Post Re: Mag 212
I thought that is what is this was all about?


Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:02 pm
Profile
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:38 am
Posts: 27810
Location: Cunnamulla
Post Re: Mag 212
Image


Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:10 pm
Profile
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 12:29 am
Posts: 12432
Location: The Bridge, Imperial Star Destroyer
Post Re: Mag 212
Very weak issue IMO.

The thing that really annoyed me was the complete lack of music in it... hardly any of the reviews gave descriptions of the style of music on the album and none of the interviews discussed music. They were all about 'issues' and/or "the scene" and, the whole mag was a waste of time this month and there was only 1 album I'm going to check out as a result of reading it.

Also, it says "Marduk" as being featured on the front, but unless I've missed the feature when looking more than once through the mag, then I'm guessing they're not in there.

Best interview by far in the entire issue was the one in Sick Sounds with Devin Townsend.


Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:11 am
Profile
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:28 am
Posts: 20765
Location: Éire
Post Re: Mag 212
steevXIII wrote:
Very weak issue IMO.

The thing that really annoyed me was the complete lack of music in it... hardly any of the reviews gave descriptions of the style of music on the album and none of the interviews discussed music. They were all about 'issues' and/or "the scene" and, the whole mag was a waste of time this month and there was only 1 album I'm going to check out as a result of reading it.



This is absolutely spot on, and one thing that is starting to turn me off. In the past I've had few complaints about the magazine, and I'm someone who has regularly bought Tez even when it only featured a few artists of interest because I enjoyed the general standard of writing regardless of who was in each issue, so clearly its something I see as a recent development and a genuine problem rather than someone bitching for the sake of it. I'm not interested in reading interviews where men who should know better are whining like 12 year old goths rather than answering some relevant questions about their music and recent career. I'd like to be credited with a bit of intelligence, rather than being spoon fed with sidebars and "wacky" little pieces like "The Wizards Sack". There are already plenty of magazines for kiddies, Terrorizer doesn't need to be another one.


Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:38 am
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:32 pm
Posts: 8683
Post Re: Mag 212
Wretch wrote:
. I'm not interested in reading interviews where men who should know better are whining like 12 year old goths rather than answering some relevant questions about their music and recent career.

Then the problem is the people being interviewed isn't it? Look at any interview with Peter Dolving, for example, he's always been like that. Tom G Warrior, for all his greatness, loves to bang that drum too doesn't he.

Most bands seem not to have much interesting to say.

_________________
Guardian-reading Fairtrade coffee-drinking bollocks


Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:50 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.