www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Mag 212
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Mag 212 
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Post Re: Mag 212
The singer should be fucking embarrassed.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:52 am
Profile WWW
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Worth reminding everyone of this atrocity every now and then, posted on the Earache website in 2004:

"Earache A&R actively seeks the New NWOBHM stars of tomorrow. We don't mean like The Darkness, even tho they are excellent - hell, if you even know what NWOBHM stands for, you are half way there."

The page has long gone, but this bit was cut and paste onto the Ultimate Metal forum. Perfectly illustrates the lazy, cynical mentality with which the industry attempts to get a new revival bandwagon started. And succeeds, with an acquiescent media happy to over-expose a handful of new kids who sound oddly like the sort of bands they've been ignoring and/or ridiculing for ten years.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:23 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Chris Chantler wrote:
Worth reminding everyone of this atrocity every now and then, posted on the Earache website in 2004:

"Earache A&R actively seeks the New NWOBHM stars of tomorrow. We don't mean like The Darkness, even tho they are excellent - hell, if you even know what NWOBHM stands for, you are half way there."

The page has long gone, but this bit was cut and paste onto the Ultimate Metal forum. Perfectly illustrates the lazy, cynical mentality with which the industry attempts to get a new revival bandwagon started. And succeeds, with an acquiescent media happy to over-expose a handful of new kids who sound oddly like the sort of bands they've been ignoring and/or ridiculing for ten years.

Oh wow, that quote is pretty stupid.

There's knowing what it stands for, and then there's knowing what it was. Which was essentially an umbrella term for pretty much every metal band from Britain around that time. To me it stands for a period of time rather than a genre. As lets be honest, Venom sound nothing like Witchfinder Genral, who sound nothing like Jaguar, who sound nothing like Praying Mantis, who sound nothing like Iron Maiden, etc etc.
(Though what actually annoys me more is people who call bands who aren't british NWOBHM)

It saddens me in a way, that there are those who will read in a magazine that a band is good, and therefore assume cause a magazine said it, they must be. I'd be willing to bet that had Enforcer not had the media attention, the adverts, the interviews, the suspiciously positive reviews, they wouldn't be considered half as good as they are.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:26 pm
Profile WWW
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Louise wrote:
the great heavy metal (used in its real sense) coming out right now a la Enforcer, Ram, Volture et al

I no longer purchase Terrorizer because Louise seems nice and I do not wish to enable her evident crack habit.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:17 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

As much as I think Enforcer and the such are pap...Louise also has some fantastic taste when it comes to doom and crusty hardcore.

MALIBUMAN wrote:
Awesome tits for a 15 year old.

Moses The Prophet wrote:
You are facial hair?

Dreadful Doctor Dee wrote:
Terrorizer: As read by the Ayatollah

Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:25 pm
Profile WWW
Climate Control
Climate Control

Does anyone apart from Louise like Enforcer? Even I don't, that's saying something.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:17 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Solaris wrote:
Does anyone apart from Louise like Enforcer? Even I don't, that's saying something.

Nope. I confess to liking Municipal Waste and Evile and I might even give Gama Bomb a try but Enforcer no. I can't wait for the nu metal revival after nu thrash dies and nu grunge comes along.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:50 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Well I enjoyed their debut, listened to it quite a bit, but was primarily suckered in by the brash momentum and the obsessive attention to detail, which was still vaguely novel. Listening back to it now they're clearly a poor man's WOLF, the frontman in particular has no business being a professional singer and not a single chorus will ever stay with me.

Nu-nu metal bandwagon scheduled for 2014, when Earache A&R will upload a website asking for the new nu metal heroes. Such is the crisis of ideas at the heart of modern metal.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:09 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I'm waiting for the pomp rock revival, so we can all dress like Styx, and worship Tony Clarkin as a god.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:14 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Eat The Wretch wrote:
I'm waiting for the pomp rock revival, so we can all dress like Styx, and worship Tony Clarkin as a god.

I don't think we don't need a revival to worship Tony, I thought it was just standard practice.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:18 pm
Profile WWW
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Indeed, but all the world does not yet see his power and majesty.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:20 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Louise gave a good review to the rather good new Palehorse album, that's something.

Except again it was entirely too short, and what's the betting there'll be no interview except something in Choice Cuts even shorter than the review, etc., etc., grumble grumble I know.

The likes of them and Black Sun and Hey Colossus (whose new album is the proverbial tits of war), they're the sort of British groups I'd like to see covered.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:17 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Palehorse are cracking live.

MALIBUMAN wrote:
Awesome tits for a 15 year old.

Moses The Prophet wrote:
You are facial hair?

Dreadful Doctor Dee wrote:
Terrorizer: As read by the Ayatollah

Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:16 pm
Profile WWW
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Annihislater wrote:
Eat The Wretch wrote:

I don't think we don't need a revival to worship Tony, I thought it was just standard practice.

Clarkin is brilliant and horribly underrated.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:22 am
Infant-ry
Infant-ry

Good issue.

Will have to check out the new Toxic Holocaust, despise the previous one being so-so.
Hope to read more on All Pigs Must Die later on.
Good read about Victims, strange noone seems to have written about their new album, its pretty good.
If iwrestledabearonce-girl is so strapped for cash maybe getting your hands tattooed is a bad idea. Maybe moving around so much is dumb as well.
SSS mixtape made no sense, maybe because i dont skate idk.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:43 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

They were all tracks from skate videos. That was all.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:53 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

thought the tom g warrior I/V was predominantly bollocks and very kerrang. not read the rest yet

Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:00 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

i lookedat the photos and the pull quotes and thought "You are a pathetic twat, go kill yourself."

Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:02 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Huh? Why?

Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:12 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

If you look at the photo of Dwarves from Hellfest in live reviews you'll see that Michael Barrymore has his head up a go go girls skirt.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next