www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Issue 213
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:29 am



Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Issue 213 
Author Message
Star Trooper
Star Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:21 am
Posts: 4643
Location: New Forest
Post Re: Issue 213
Kaylee & Rosie wrote:
Can only imagine Scott Ian's response when he reads the Anthrax article. Joey was probably a bit too honest but then he has been fucked over so many times so what does he care?.


Yes that was yet another dispiriting glimpse into how cynical and botched the Anthrax story has been for the last 7 years. As for him wondering if they hired John Bush because they wanted "grungy kind of vocals"... yeah, Armoured Saint would be the first place to find a grunge singer. And all that unnecessary "he couldn't do what I did" posturing, and the revelation that Joey didn't know he was being replaced again until he read it on the internet (despite the Scott Ian press statement that Joey hadn't wanted to continue), and speculating that maybe next time he'll leave before he gets fired. What a dismal shambles this band continues to be.

_________________
Image


Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:11 pm
Profile
Star Trooper
Star Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:46 am
Posts: 3373
Location: Kingdom of Loss
Post Re: Issue 213
'I Am The Law' is still a tune I can bang my head to though!

I really liked the album reviews they had in this issue - plus even our own Ed Blackadder got a few littluns in there. (Nice one Ed) :-)

_________________
Image

MALIBUMAN wrote:
Awesome tits for a 15 year old.


Moses The Prophet wrote:
You are facial hair?


Dreadful Doctor Dee wrote:
Terrorizer: As read by the Ayatollah


Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:28 pm
Profile WWW
Star Trooper
Star Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:21 am
Posts: 4643
Location: New Forest
Post Re: Issue 213
Oh their best work remains undiminished, but their career is fatally tainted. Clearly they Worship Music devoutly, that's why they've released two studio albums since the year 2000.

_________________
Image


Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:42 pm
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:42 am
Posts: 9886
Post Re: Issue 213
The Nergal interview is riddled with every cliche on Earth. Fighting cancer, beating cancer, it is what it is, we only make music for ourselves blah fucking blah. Fuck off and let's see you fight aids so successfully.


Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:21 pm
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:42 am
Posts: 9886
Post Re: Issue 213
Hard of hearing was a joke too. It was dickhead Morat trying to prove how uber punk he is as usual. How the fuck were Fear Factory supposed to guess half of those.


Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:22 pm
Profile
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:28 am
Posts: 20765
Location: Éire
Post Re: Issue 213
With the exception of Cancer Bats or Mad Capsule Markets or whatever they are called, I would have thought it was relatively easy.


Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:07 pm
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:32 pm
Posts: 8683
Post Re: Issue 213
Chris Chantler wrote:

Yes that was yet another dispiriting glimpse into how cynical and botched the Anthrax story has been for the last 7 years. As for him wondering if they hired John Bush because they wanted "grungy kind of vocals"... yeah, Armoured Saint would be the first place to find a grunge singer. And all that unnecessary "he couldn't do what I did" posturing, and the revelation that Joey didn't know he was being replaced again until he read it on the internet (despite the Scott Ian press statement that Joey hadn't wanted to continue), and speculating that maybe next time he'll leave before he gets fired. What a dismal shambles this band continues to be.

It's a bizarre interview isn't it? On the one hand he's being quite meek and defensive, just saying "oh I do what they tell me to", and then on the other saying "I don't need these guys, I'll play clubs if I want to because I CAN becuase I LOVE MUSIC SO MUCH! PS John Bush sucks." The most telling thing is that all the way through the interview he calls the rest of the band "them". It doesn't sound like a good atmosphere for any workplace, let alone a band.

Also, shucks, thanks Lee.

_________________
Guardian-reading Fairtrade coffee-drinking bollocks


Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:53 pm
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:42 am
Posts: 9886
Post Re: Issue 213
Wretch wrote:
With the exception of Cancer Bats or Mad Capsule Markets or whatever they are called, I would have thought it was relatively easy.

But usuallly with hard of hearing they play something by a band you've toured with, worked with, produced, claimed as an influence etc. I've been reading Morat since I was a teen reading kerrang and he always struck me as a wanker. As if Fear Factory could guess Discharge. Maybe it's just me.


Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:09 pm
Profile
Star Trooper
Star Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:46 am
Posts: 3373
Location: Kingdom of Loss
Post Re: Issue 213
Ed Blackadder wrote:

Also, shucks, thanks Lee.



shhhhh...my name is Lugzan

_________________
Image

MALIBUMAN wrote:
Awesome tits for a 15 year old.


Moses The Prophet wrote:
You are facial hair?


Dreadful Doctor Dee wrote:
Terrorizer: As read by the Ayatollah


Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:18 pm
Profile WWW
Climate Control
Climate Control
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:25 am
Posts: 6716
Post Re: Issue 213
bás wrote:
Wretch wrote:
With the exception of Cancer Bats or Mad Capsule Markets or whatever they are called, I would have thought it was relatively easy.

But usuallly with hard of hearing they play something by a band you've toured with, worked with, produced, claimed as an influence etc. I've been reading Morat since I was a teen reading kerrang and he always struck me as a wanker. As if Fear Factory could guess Discharge. Maybe it's just me.



Morat has always been a wanker. But that's his job - to get a reaction out of his interviewees to make a more interestin interview. Remember the Ginger interview with them two almost coming to blows in the late 90's?

_________________
Katherine Legge wrote:
Termoid wrote:
If you could be any other forum member apart from yourself who would you be and why?

You, because i have always wondered what it would feel like to get run-over by a bus.


Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:26 am
Profile
Climate Control
Climate Control
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:25 am
Posts: 6716
Post Re: Issue 213
Talking about Morat, if Tez are now employing past-it musical journalists from the late 90's/early 00's they should get Steven Wells in as his hate-filled piss-taking singles reviews in Metal Hammer during the early 00's were the only good thing about the mag.

_________________
Katherine Legge wrote:
Termoid wrote:
If you could be any other forum member apart from yourself who would you be and why?

You, because i have always wondered what it would feel like to get run-over by a bus.


Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:28 am
Profile
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:54 am
Posts: 25945
Post Re: Issue 213
If they are stooping far enough to employ Morat they may as well employ us.


Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:50 am
Profile
Star Trooper
Star Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:01 pm
Posts: 3514
Location: the collective unconscious
Post Re: Issue 213
MR SHOUTY wrote:
Talking about Morat, if Tez are now employing past-it musical journalists from the late 90's/early 00's they should get Steven Wells in as his hate-filled piss-taking singles reviews in Metal Hammer during the early 00's were the only good thing about the mag.


Swells died in 2009, unfortunately. Same day as Michael Jackson. And he was born on the same day as Bono, no wonder he had a chip on his shoulder.

I like Morat, and him vs Ginger was a rare classic interview at a time when Kerrang!'s descent into the shitter was suddenly looking permanent. (And don't say "suddenly?!", it was a good magazine up until the mid-'90s.)


Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:49 am
Profile
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:44 pm
Posts: 15990
Post Re: Issue 213
MR SHOUTY wrote:
his hate-filled piss-taking singles reviews in Metal Hammer during the early 00's were the only good thing about the mag.

He was part of the reason I quit writing music reviews - he just did exactly the same thing I'd been doing in Platform for about a year, but he had a national audience, and I didn't fancy being accused of ripping off his style.

_________________
Image


Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:27 pm
Profile
Star Trooper
Star Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:46 am
Posts: 3373
Location: Kingdom of Loss
Post Re: Issue 213
Someone said that I was "Dom Lawson-esque" once - whilst could be a compliment cause the guy has a well rounded attitude...my personality and cynicism is founded on MY experience.

_________________
Image

MALIBUMAN wrote:
Awesome tits for a 15 year old.


Moses The Prophet wrote:
You are facial hair?


Dreadful Doctor Dee wrote:
Terrorizer: As read by the Ayatollah


Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:53 pm
Profile WWW
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:42 am
Posts: 9886
Post Re: Issue 213
MR SHOUTY wrote:
Morat has always been a wanker. But that's his job - to get a reaction out of his interviewees to make a more interestin interview. Remember the Ginger interview with them two almost coming to blows in the late 90's?

No I don't remember that. Wildhearts were a mainstay in Kerrang for years with the whole splitting up/reforming thing and then they smashed up the offices because of something written in Kerrang. What did Morat say to annoy Ginger?


Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:09 pm
Profile
Climate Control
Climate Control
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 9:02 pm
Posts: 44707
Location: Béal Átha na Slua
Post Re: Issue 213
"Hello"?

_________________
http://cow.org/csi/


Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:20 pm
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:42 am
Posts: 9886
Post Re: Issue 213
I always found Wildhearts interviews to be really entertaining.


Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:25 pm
Profile
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:54 am
Posts: 25945
Post Re: Issue 213
Enos used to be Ginger in The Wildhearts.


Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:07 pm
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:42 am
Posts: 9886
Post Re: Issue 213
Enos is his cousin I believe.


Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:12 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.