www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Fear Candy 98
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Fear Candy 98 
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Post Re: Fear Candy 98
Morf wrote:
Carry on then.

How do you feel about ManOwaR? Specifically ManOwaR post Ross The Boss?

For decades I wouldn't go near Manowar because I saw a picture of them and assumed they were either for extremely horny women or gay guys.

But about 10 years ago a pen pal made me a tape with Bathory Blood On Ice on one side and Manowar Kings Of Metal on the other. I discovered that I enjoyed the music. A friend of mine who's a big fan later introduced me to other Manowar songs. So I figure, so what if they perform with their shirts off and make out with girls on stage, good for them. I find them entertaining and a band that's fun to listen to. But I'm guess I'm not that big a fan because I don't know who Ross The Boss is or the era he represents. But to me, the albums sounds similar besides a slight difference in loudness per album.

Wed May 09, 2012 12:11 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Green Man wrote:
so what if they... make out with girls on stage

Yeah, this really doesn't happen at Manowar gigs. In many ways, Manowar gigs are the very antithesis of making out with girls.

Wed May 09, 2012 4:12 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Green Man wrote:
I find them entertaining and a band that's fun to listen to.

Good enough!

Wed May 09, 2012 5:30 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Painkiller wrote:
Green Man wrote:
so what if they... make out with girls on stage

Yeah, this really doesn't happen at Manowar gigs. In many ways, Manowar gigs are the very antithesis of making out with girls.

Come to think of it, there were no girls on stage at the one Manowar show I was at. Maybe they just did that stuff for the DVDs.

Thu May 10, 2012 12:32 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

They embarrassed themselves onstage headlining Dynamo (99, I think)... they got some girl out from the crowd and asked her to "get her tits out". She refused. It was all a bit awkward.

At that same gig, Joey also stalled his harley when they were all riding out on to the stage at the start of the set.

Yeh, they used to do a thing where they'd get girls from the crowd out to show boobies, and get a snog off Joey, and then they'd get a guy out to play guitar on Metal Warriors....

Thu May 10, 2012 12:20 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Shakin' steev-unz wrote:
They embarrassed themselves onstage headlining Dynamo (99, I think)... they got some girl out from the crowd and asked her to "get her tits out". She refused. It was all a bit awkward.

At that same gig, Joey also stalled his harley when they were all riding out on to the stage at the start of the set.

Yeh, they used to do a thing where they'd get girls from the crowd out to show boobies, and get a snog off Joey, and then they'd get a guy out to play guitar on Metal Warriors....

I laughed out loud at that. Would the "guy" (presumably women are only capable of exposing themselves and are not to be trusted with a guitar) just air guitar? I mean what if he couldn't play?

Thu May 10, 2012 12:24 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Carnacki wrote:
(presumably women are only capable of exposing themselves and are not to be trusted with a guitar)

Yes.

Thu May 10, 2012 12:34 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

robitusson wrote:
Oh, how interesting. I read another science article about the link between not having a massive record collection and enjoying a hard penis up the bum. Apparently the boffins tell us tolerance to MP3's leads to craving for willie.

Your best quote yet Robit.

Thu May 10, 2012 12:40 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Carnacki wrote:
Shakin' steev-unz wrote:

I laughed out loud at that. Would the "guy" (presumably women are only capable of exposing themselves and are not to be trusted with a guitar) just air guitar? I mean what if he couldn't play?

Ha, the guy at Dynamo couldn't play for shit, but they just turned him right down in the mix. His solo was still better than Karl Logan's version...

Thu May 10, 2012 12:59 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

turdy wrote:
It gone one play and then went in the bin.

Do you throw the magazine out too?

If not, why throw one out and not the other? If some collector wants to buy it from you they'll want the whole package intact.

Sat May 12, 2012 10:03 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I usually let it build up for about 6 months (just in case I want to look back at something) but I then throw them out eventually.

Sat May 12, 2012 10:06 pm
Profile WWW
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

i used to keep all the mags, but eventually realised that a) they were taking up space, uselessly, impotently, pointlessly and b) they were an iniquitous comparitor, like an older cooler brother, casting the current incarnation into the shadows...

Sat May 12, 2012 11:40 pm
Profile WWW
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

i'd prefer a free cassette or flexi disc thanks.

Stuff for sale :
http://www.discogs.com/seller/yailbloor

Sat May 19, 2012 3:15 am
Opinionated Loudmouth. Perkele!
Opinionated Loudmouth. Perkele!

Cover mount flexi disc or fuck off.

Wed May 23, 2012 10:06 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

I had a dream I had vinyl. And a record player! But sadly I was also losing my mind or so the doctors were telling me.

Just thought of that since you mentioned flexi-discs. Those were awesome! I take it they're making them again since vinyl is back. Man, I really need to get a record player again one day.

Thu May 24, 2012 11:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2