www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Issue 219 - Feb 2012
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Issue 219 - Feb 2012 
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Post Re: Issue 219 - Feb 2012
major-general heavy wrote:
The Abigail Williams reviewer is on the forum at sevenstring.org, he was quite vocal telling everyone about writing for them - you can abuse him here - http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/genera ... ntent.html
3rd album, 3rd change of sound, i dunno, not heard it and prob won't bother.
re reviews,there are always errors, eg Chimp Spanner reviewer doesn't know there are already 2 albums out...and to be fair, Suicide Silence revealed they know nothing about DM by not getting Morbid Angel either...

Good sleuthing skills, but the Abigail Williams album review is by Tom Dare, the news editor, not an intern.

Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:18 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Ed Blackadder wrote:
Annihislater wrote:

As for the main bit of feminist propaganda, I'm sorry I mean main article. It wasn't bad, but felt a little bit of a tenuously linked batch of interviews that would usually fall in the latter half of the main features section.

"Feminist propaganda"? Because it's several articles about bands that happen to feature women? Just talking about women means it must be "feminist" does it?
I thought it was a pretty good series of articles, actually (though no mention of Flagitious Idiosyncracy In The Dilapidation = false!!)

You missed the most hilarious comments from Sucide Silence, rob. One of them says "I only like old stuff... I hate everything new," and then they procede to think a track from 'Blessed Are The Sick' is Napalm Death ("this sounds like something I would never listen to") and then, best of all, 'World Eater' "sounds old. Like a crappier Nasum." What?!

It makes me cringe, if only because they never used to pretend they liked stuff they didn't. They liked Korn and Suffocation and mainstream club rap. Now they all try and pretend they're metal as fuck and listen to old stuff when they blatantly don't.

Ah well their new album was crap apart from the song with Frank Mullen.

Since the order of the world is governed by death, perhaps it is better for God that we should not believe in Him and struggle with all our strength against death, without raising our eyes to heaven and to His silence.

Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:45 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Wasn't over keen on the anti pro tools comments, this time in the world downfall retrospective feature.

'something almost unthinkable by today's modern times - where precision and Pro-Tools have taken over from spontaneity and live vibes'

All protools is is a glorified tape machine, depending on your hardware, the 003 rack factory for example is just 18 tracks for recording, with pro tools LE allowing you to have 48 audio tracks at once. Though I think you'd have HD with a 003 meaning you got 96.
Sure there's built in effects (though really that's just a digital version of going down an aux to an effects unit.), and the ability to trim audio, but the thing is, you don't have to.
You can set up a live band scenario, send it all to a desk, for example at uni we have a sound craft ghost, you can set your levels and send each instrument to a group, so you might have 14 drum mics, but you can bounce it down to one group fader, whilst still having control over levels on the initial bank of faders, have the guitars on a group, bass on a group and vocals on a group. Ad then you can set it going, and just let the band be spontaneous and play.

Pro-Tools isn't the problem, the industry is, labels and producers and fans who want this super sleek productions. Pro tools on its own wont make you sound good, it has to be someone using pro tools for that to happen. And whilst it's certainly made things easier, like I say already, doesn't mean you have to use the available facilities if you feel it would be detrimental to your sound.

Here's a little snippet of something I was playing with on pro tools
http://www.mediafire.com/?mi2mfgyoyairqoh
it doesn't sound the best of quality, and I think that's reflected by how little I've done in terms of making it perfect.

Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:36 pm
Profile WWW
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Chantler wrote:
robitusson wrote:
Suicide Silence in Hard of Hearing on Autopsy: "I am not a fan...I am not into any of it." :roll: :x :x

In an ideal world their heads would be publicly displayed on spikes.

Or y'know that's a bit of an over reaction.

Since the order of the world is governed by death, perhaps it is better for God that we should not believe in Him and struggle with all our strength against death, without raising our eyes to heaven and to His silence.

Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:49 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Tom Of The Wode wrote:
Chantler wrote:
robitusson wrote:
Suicide Silence in Hard of Hearing on Autopsy: "I am not a fan...I am not into any of it." :roll: :x :x

In an ideal world their heads would be publicly displayed on spikes.

Or y'know that's a bit of an over reaction.

They'd know in advance how cool it was going to look, though, so they'd be fine with it.

Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:29 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

lol @ calling Beneath the Massacre one of the most extreme bands on earth. I guess if you mean extremely shitty, you would be onto something.

Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:26 am
Profile YIM
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Annihislater wrote:
fans... want this super sleek productions.

Exactly. Sounding "live" is industry code for "sounding shit".

Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:07 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Annihislater wrote:
Wasn't over keen on the anti pro tools comments, this time in the world downfall retrospective feature.

'something almost unthinkable by today's modern times - where precision and Pro-Tools have taken over from spontaneity and live vibes'

All protools is is a glorified tape machine, depending on your hardware, the 003 rack factory for example is just 18 tracks for recording, with pro tools LE allowing you to have 48 audio tracks at once. Though I think you'd have HD with a 003 meaning you got 96.
Sure there's built in effects (though really that's just a digital version of going down an aux to an effects unit.), and the ability to trim audio, but the thing is, you don't have to.
You can set up a live band scenario, send it all to a desk, for example at uni we have a sound craft ghost, you can set your levels and send each instrument to a group, so you might have 14 drum mics, but you can bounce it down to one group fader, whilst still having control over levels on the initial bank of faders, have the guitars on a group, bass on a group and vocals on a group. Ad then you can set it going, and just let the band be spontaneous and play.

Pro-Tools isn't the problem, the industry is, labels and producers and fans who want this super sleek productions. Pro tools on its own wont make you sound good, it has to be someone using pro tools for that to happen. And whilst it's certainly made things easier, like I say already, doesn't mean you have to use the available facilities if you feel it would be detrimental to your sound.

Excellent post.

Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:20 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Shallowthing wrote:
Annihislater wrote:
fans... want this super sleek productions.

Exactly. Sounding "live" is industry code for "sounding shit".

Sigh. No it isn't. 'Fans' 'want' 'super-sleek productions' so sound levels don't jar too much when they put their mp3 players on shuffle. Pro-Tools is quicker, isn't it, and nobody can afford to be in a studio for long these days as nobody's going to buy the album anyway, so fair enough.

Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:27 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

ReturntoCarthage wrote:
lol @ calling Beneath the Massacre one of the most extreme bands on earth. I guess if you mean extremely shitty, you would be onto something.

For their genre, they are. For a while, I've been thinking of them as a natural heir to Cryptopsy since they dropped a bollock with that King album. Insane band, Derivative, but they're really pushing the apex with their playing.

You, because i have always wondered what it would feel like to get run-over by a bus.

Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:54 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

What does the name mean? What is beneath the massacre? Does a massacre happen in an upstairs flat and someone living below is banging on the ceiling with a broom telling them to keep it down?

Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:58 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

robitusson wrote:
What does the name mean? What is beneath the massacre? Does a massacre happen in an upstairs flat and someone living below is banging on the ceiling with a broom telling them to keep it down?

:lol:

Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:29 am
Profile YIM
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

robitusson wrote:

Yes you're right and the person living below will escape the fate and rise to remain everytime I die.
Bands not named after big jellyfish are false metal.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:15 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

:lol:
robitusson wrote:

MALIBUMAN wrote:
Awesome tits for a 15 year old.

Moses The Prophet wrote:
You are facial hair?

Dreadful Doctor Dee wrote:
Terrorizer: As read by the Ayatollah

Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:43 pm
Profile WWW
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Suicide Silence are shit.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:16 pm
Profile WWW
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Baron Ironblood wrote:

Baron Ironblood wrote:

Sorry, just thought it needed to be said twice.

Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:39 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

No need to apologise, repeating "Suicide Silence are shit" should be mandatory.

Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:45 pm
Profile WWW
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

I've never heard them but I've seen pictures and my instinct told me they must be shit and I should be listening to Obituary instead.

Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:34 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

listen to your instinct - on this occasion it is correct

Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:08 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Baron Ironblood wrote:

Only adults hate things.