www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Issue 220 - Mr Vincent
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Issue 220 - Mr Vincent 
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Post Issue 220 - Mr Vincent
What are your thoughts then guys?

MALIBUMAN wrote:
Awesome tits for a 15 year old.

Moses The Prophet wrote:
You are facial hair?

Dreadful Doctor Dee wrote:
Terrorizer: As read by the Ayatollah

Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:15 pm
Profile WWW
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Post Re: Issue 220 - Mr Vincent
I thought it was a bit odd just having an article just on Dave, especially when it's only a few months since a Morbid Angel cover.
The interview it's self just seemed chock-full of clichés. The Autopsy feature seemed a bit pointless too. I've been a bit indifferent to the rest of it. Disagree with the new drudkh only being 3/5, but hey ho that's just a clash of opinion.

Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:35 pm
Profile WWW
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Only 3? I'd take umbridge with that too, think it's a corker. More uplifting and uptempo than I was expecting but it suits them, and a really strong 4 fists. Listening now, coincidentally.

Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:41 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

The Terrorizer feature (about the band, I mean) made me sad. It's all "we're doing honour to the Terrorizer name!" No, it's just Resistant Culture playing under the name of a more famous band. Shame. Anthony Rezhawk seems a bit thick too, the bit where he says "I often say to my friends 'oh look there's an owl' and they're all like 'where?'" is funny.

When a sentence ends with a question mark or exclamation mark, you don't need a full stop too. This includes sentences ending with a quotation that ends with a question mark, eg
I was talking to Dave and he said "Why does no-one care about Morbid Angel any more?"
Just saying. ;)

Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:51 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Just another one of those metal "personality" talks shite interviews, the kind of people who think they have something relevant and shocking to say, because they are like, a rebel and stuff. Like that chap from Slipknot or, the Shining fella or whoever. In reality, unless you are 13 its not going to impress you. The only difference between Vincent and those guys is he used to play decent music. Why give him the cover anyway? COC and Voivod are infinitely more interesting. Fuck it, stick Barney on there!

The Autopsy piece was ok, but he didn't really talk about anything more unusual film wise, they are all relatively well known, at least to anyone with more than a passing interest in horror. If you are going to have a death metal musician talk horror, Killjoy from Necrophagia is your only man.

Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:11 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Everyone looks like Nikki Sixx these days. I despair sometimes.

Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:20 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

None of this persuades me to pick and flick through a copy of Tez, let alone pay for one.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:22 am
Climate Control
Climate Control

The Wretch wrote:
Fuck it, stick Barney on there!

Fuck that, have Barney interview Vincent and get him to push Davey boy on his apparent 'dodgy' right-wing views.

You, because i have always wondered what it would feel like to get run-over by a bus.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:00 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Dashing Dr Dee wrote:
None of this persuades me to pick and flick through a copy of Tez, let alone pay for one.

This. In spades.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:08 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

2 Xtreme for you guys, eh?

Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:11 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Does nothing to suggest to me I would benefit from reading it. The last few Tez' I bought were poor quality interviews, tiny pointless reviews and childish sidebars about "Top 5 Heroin-taking Bands", and acting like Metal Hammer, a magazine that recommended the same bands, but with better reviews (yep!) and, via Subterranea, more indepth interviews that actually talked about the music...

Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:17 pm
Lifer, Deather, Hesher, Whatever.

Shakin' steev-unz wrote:
Does nothing to suggest to me I would benefit from reading it. The last few Tez' I bought were poor quality interviews, tiny pointless reviews and childish sidebars about "Top 5 Heroin-taking Bands", and acting like Metal Hammer, a magazine that recommended the same bands, but with better reviews (yep!) and, via Subterranea, more indepth interviews that actually talked about the music...

Yep.Terrorizer has been shit since they fucked about with the reviews section-that really annoyed me.I actually bought it religiously for years but the reviews thing and also a really arselicky review of the Bloodstock Festival which they sponsor in some way really put me off.I will give it a chance again if they go back to the old format.
David Vincent on the cover twice in a year....not sure about that.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:47 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

mathewxentrix88 wrote:
since they fucked about with the reviews section-that really annoyed me.

You mean the review lengths and format, not the return to marks out of 5.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:53 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

A Shite Dub wrote:
The Wretch wrote:
Fuck it, stick Barney on there!

Fuck that, have Barney interview Vincent and get him to push Davey boy on his apparent 'dodgy' right-wing views.

That would be worth a read alright.

Also, Re Terrorizer (The Band) only World Downfall is true, obviously, so go away now.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:09 pm

robitusson wrote:
mathewxentrix88 wrote:
since they fucked about with the reviews section-that really annoyed me.

You mean the review lengths and format, not the return to marks out of 5.

Both to be honest.There seemed to be too many 3/5 reviews for my liking,i know that translates to 6/10 but it doesn't seem the same!When they gave marks out of 10 they used to give half marks too so you had potential for many different scores for an album-now you have only 6(if you count 0/5)
The review lengths were pathetic too,as has been said on here many times.
Shame.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:16 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Yes, but the original was the 5 nuclear symbols, so it was the marks out of 10 that was actualy the fucking about.

The marks out of 10 with .5's and 0's effectively mean it was out of 21 anyway. Far too arbitrary and ultimately meaningless. 5 scores, 5 categories from essential to useless, telling you all you need to know (outside of the qualitative written bit, which, agreed, is suffering, which is due to shortness imo.)

They do need, of course, to change the little bars to skulls with blood coming out of their eyes, or hands bursting through the ground in front of a gravestone, or the like.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:40 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

The correct symbol would be five Dez Fafafafafafafafafafarreras.

You, because i have always wondered what it would feel like to get run-over by a bus.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:48 pm

robitusson wrote:
Yes, but the original was the 5 nuclear symbols, so it was the marks out of 10 that was actualy the fucking about.

The marks out of 10 with .5's and 0's effectively mean it was out of 21 anyway. Far too arbitrary and ultimately meaningless. 5 scores, 5 categories from essential to useless, telling you all you need to know (outside of the qualitative written bit, which, agreed, is suffering, which is due to shortness imo.)

They do need, of course, to change the little bars to skulls with blood coming out of their eyes, or hands bursting through the ground in front of a gravestone, or the like.

Oh ok,i didn't realise they used to mark it out of five,must have been a long time ago cause i have been buying it a few years now.Still think that only having 6 possible ratings mean that you are gonna get a lot of 3's and 4's which previously could have been 5's-6.5's and 7's- 8.5's in the "out of 10" system.If an album got 5/10 i would imagine it not being too good but if it got 6.5 i would have thought it may be ok(or the reviewer would)-now both these scores would get 3/5...which can't be right...can it?

Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:55 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Metal Hammer used to give marks out of seven which was better all round, since 4 was an average score and there was an extra 1 each side for scope. But it was very confusing because no other magazine did this so you'd see something good get 6 and think, huh 6/10, and then realise it was actually 6/7!

Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:06 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

Terrorizer used to have half radiation symbols. Now for ya.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 88 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next