www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - 224
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Post Re: 224
They have got some good tunes or bits of tunes but overall the band just annoy me with their shtick.

Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:12 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

It's pretty boring that everyone still gets annoyed about "Nu-Metal" even though it's been dead for ten years or more. I'm sure it didn't fuck you in the arse that much that you need to whine about it.

Since the order of the world is governed by death, perhaps it is better for God that we should not believe in Him and struggle with all our strength against death, without raising our eyes to heaven and to His silence.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:34 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

It was fucking shit though.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:18 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Some of it, yeah. Like all genres. But getting annoyed about it only raises blood pressure and shortens lifespan!

Since the order of the world is governed by death, perhaps it is better for God that we should not believe in Him and struggle with all our strength against death, without raising our eyes to heaven and to His silence.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:09 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Shallowthing wrote:
Tom Of The Wode wrote:
Slipknot were a good band.

When?

3rd album, for some reason it is really good, maybe because they moved away from the angry teenager bullshit, maybe trying something new, but it worked.

As for those dismissing a band because the band members are knobs, if i abided by that theory i'd never listen to Danzig. As dealer would say, seperate the music from the artists.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:12 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I just think getting pissed off about music is a bit gay. It's music. In the grand scheme it doesn't mean much.

My favourite Slipknot is the Iowa album. Poor lyrics aside it's a tad heavy.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:17 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Sorry, but people get pissed off about all sorts of things, you could say sport isnt worth getting pissed off about but people do. Fact is if you spent your life only getting pissed off about the heavy shit youd kill yourself.

Worrying about Hwayoung getting kicked out of T-ARA is a lot easier to deal with than the west sitting back circle jerking as Assad slaughters his own citizens.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:19 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Nah, it's gay to get pissed off about what music other people listen to. It's like why do you care what other people listen to. It's their choice if they want to like terrible music.

I'm not saying people should get pissed off only about the serious shit either. Just that people need to relax and learn not to give a fuck.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:23 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

Tomochin wrote:
Shallowthing wrote:
Tom Of The Wode wrote:
Slipknot were a good band.

When?

3rd album, for some reason it is really good, maybe because they moved away from the angry teenager bullshit, maybe trying something new, but it worked.

Are you referring to The Subliminal Verses (their fourth album, incidentally)? That was actually alright, if I remember correctly. I haven't listened to it since it came out but I remember being surprised by it at the time. For some reason, the band that came to mind when I heard it was Radiohead.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:24 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Is it their fourth? Self titled, iowa, subliminal verses.

TOTW - totally agree though back when nu metal was big i hated it with a passion. I felt it was the downfall of metal. Oh the joys of irrational elitism

Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:27 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Tom Of The Wode wrote:
Nah, it's gay to get pissed off about what music other people listen to. It's like why do you care what other people listen to. It's their choice if they want to like terrible music.

I agree with this train of thought. In general the only person who suffers when you think like that is yourself.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:30 pm
Profile WWW
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

If you say people shouldn't get pissed off about music you might as well say they shouldn't get excited about it either. That it's 'gay' to have any kind of passionate reaction towards something so frivolous. Not that I've been 'pissed off' with nu metal since about 2003.

It's not just about "what other people listen to", it's about the way these things are contrived, promoted and sustained... also the legacy of nu-metal on the generation of musicians who grew up with it as kids has proved to be disastrous - either by diluting other genres with its commercial gloss and empty angst or by inspiring a backlash in which a fear of newness and a timid retreat to the cliches of the 80s became the only way 'forward'.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:44 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Why might you as well say that? Just because they're opposites doesn't mean to do one means you should do the other. Yes good music should be celebrated, yes we should get excited about new music when it's good.
But there's no point letting other people listening to shit music bother you. Yeah perhaps have a bit of a chuckle and think 'oh them', but at the end of the day, their listening habbits are of no consequence to you. All you can do is try and point people in the right direction and if they don't want to know, then more fool them.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:54 pm
Profile WWW
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Tom Of The Wode wrote:
Some of it, yeah. Like all genres. But getting annoyed about it only raises blood pressure and shortens lifespan!

The shit to good ratio was much higher in Nu Metal than with most other genres Tom. I don't get pissed off with what other people listen to, I am often incredulous though: Nu Metal, Wigger Slam, Screamo, Crunk, Metalcore, Deathcore, "Djent". May God have mercy on us all.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:04 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

Tomochin wrote:
Is it their fourth? Self titled, iowa, subliminal verses.

Yeah, they self-released an album (Mate Feed Kill Repeat) before they signed with Roadrunner. I think they had a different singer then, too.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:06 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Dreadful Dr Dee wrote:
Tom Of The Wode wrote:

The shit to good ratio was much higher in Nu Metal than with most other genres Tom. I don't get pissed off with what other people listen to, I am often incredulous though: Nu Metal, Wigger Slam, Screamo, Crunk, Metalcore, Deathcore, "Djent". May God have mercy on us all.

Go on someone post some pictures of some boxes - just for effect!

Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:09 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

I fully support and endorse the classification of all musics, I am the Anti-Was.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:10 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

No gravy, apples or purpleness, motherfucker.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:14 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

happy?

Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:51 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

sorry :oops:

Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3