www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - 228
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Post Re: 228
turdy wrote:
They seem to have been leaning towards a "younger" audience in recent years yet the chances of any self-respecting teenager owning a tape deck is surely somewhere between slim and zero?

I'm not sure that 'younger' is the right word - it's pitched at the same age it always was, rather than at the 40-year-olds who read it in their 20s.

I'm tempted to assume this idea was presented to Jus as an exclusive CD or download and he requested a tape, which after all is perfect for this sort of mixtape-style demos and rarities EP. Tape players can be found easily and bought cheaply.

Last edited by Chantler on Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:47 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Chantler wrote:
turdy wrote:
They seem to have been leaning towards a "younger" audience in recent years yet the chances of any self-respecting teenager owning a tape deck is surely somewhere between slim and zero?

I'm not sure that 'younger' is the right word - it's pitched at the same age it always was, rather than at the 40-year-olds who read it in their 20s.

I'm tempted to assume this idea was presented to Jus as an exclusive CD or download and he requested a tape, which after all is perfect for this sort of mixtape-style demos and rarities EP. Tape players can be found easily and bought cheaply.

I think that's a fair point. Damn you Chantler using your "relevance" value for the readership of the mag. I think the average 30+ extreme metal fan (hate that term but struggling for words) would struggle to find a decent read to cater for their tastes nowadays though - I have only ever come across Zero Tolerance that still caters for the more direct "no frills" approach to coverage of "my music".

Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:55 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

turdy wrote:
Chantler wrote:
turdy wrote:

I think that's a fair point. Damn you Chantler using your "relevance" value for the readership of the mag. I think the average 30+ extreme metal fan (hate that term but struggling for words) would struggle to find a decent read to cater for their tastes nowadays though - I have only ever come across Zero Tolerance that still caters for the more direct "no frills" approach to coverage of "my music".

I agree, ZT is excellent. I did buy Iron Fist, and thought the writing was pretty good, but the emphasis on punky BM/DM isn't my cup of tea.

Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:12 pm
Profile WWW
Climate Control
Climate Control

Anyone else dissapointed by the fact that they're doing the ol' "shit, women in metal get them on the cover PHWOOAR ey 15 year olds?" on the cover?

I mean, Jus being second billing in his own band? A bit poor form?

You, because i have always wondered what it would feel like to get run-over by a bus.

Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:17 pm
Opinionated Loudmouth. Perkele!
Opinionated Loudmouth. Perkele!

I'm happy can play mine. See one has already sold on greedbay for £19.
Obviously a collectable hipster item!

Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:51 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

When I bought my issue , the girl behind the counter said "Oh my God is that a cassette tape?" then the customer behind me made some jokes about my age so it's hardly hip. I'm happy with it.

I'm also getting really sick of people complainiong about Terrorizer. Why join the forum of a magazine you don't even like?
The magazine costs about €6.50, less than I spend on cigarettes every day.
Yes it has daft cunts like Nergal and Joey Jordison but it also has decent content and it passes a bit of time.

I'm in my early 30's and I think it caters for me more so than Metal Hammer. I'm completely with Chantler in this thread.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:44 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

I think it's valid to criticise Tegs where necessary, and that the forum and magazine are entirely separate things, but this idea that it's changed its stance or coverage or target readership is bewildering. Every issue is full of bands that the mag covered in the 90s.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:53 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Agree that the mag and the forum are separate entities, which is really the only way it could be. There are things to complain about in both areas and anything you don't like in either is easily avoided. It's a fair complaint that TEZ does throw a pair of tits out there pretty quickly for a mag that promotes themselves as a leader in extreme music coverage, but I'm sure that's just me. I'd rather read words than look at pictures.

The tape thing...if it came from Jus, or even if it didn't and he signed off on it, which he must have at some point, I think it's cool. Gives a little something extra to fans of the band. Like those flexi discs we used to find in METAL FORCES and the like.

Technique only exists to do justice to your potential

Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:21 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Where has the rest of this thread gone?

Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:30 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Ridiculous MODing decision

Fuck's sake

Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:09 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:21 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

A pointless boring argument between Chantler and Shallow about whether tapes were cool or not was locked then deleted. Nothing offensive. OK, it was going nowhere, but still...

If all pointless boring arguments were locked then deleted we'd have no forum.

Guess it wasn't you, then. Leaves a couple of suspects only then...

Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:37 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Sexist bollocks left in, boring nerd-off deleted? Dodgy mod decisions.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:40 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Secret shame about his huge collection of tapes?

Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:42 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Best off with some sort of 'you don't have to read it' policy. We exchanged a few snide flirty remarks, death threats were a long way off.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:42 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Dealer In Facts wrote:

EDIT - I rarely delete anything. Censorship innit.

I agree with that. The only issues I ever have is if NSFW stuff comes up when it's not linked with an NSFW tag or in an NSFW thread, what with an 8 year old around the house, but other than that, let it flow, innit.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:45 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Mod fight.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:23 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

New mod finding his feet. Give Morf a chance.

Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:44 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

They should do Greco-Roman wrestling at Neurosis to settle it.

Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:45 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I would make a far better mod than M0)))rf.

Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:41 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next