www.Terrorizer.com
http://forum.terrorizer.com/

#231 - writers + readers polls
http://forum.terrorizer.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5451
Page 1 of 2

Author:  robitusson [ Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:43 pm ]
Post subject:  #231 - writers + readers polls

Let the moaning and mithering continue.

Distinct lack of Sabazius and Dawnbringer in the top 50! Plenty of room for a raft of 3 fist albums mind. We can be glad at least Enslaved wasn't aoty as usual.

Author:  hj864 [ Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: #231 - writers + readers polls

Can someone post the lists please?

Author:  Cromwell [ Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: #231 - writers + readers polls

Old Corpse Road got second best unsigned band I think. Miranda posted pics of the polls on facebook.

Author:  Painkiller [ Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: #231 - writers + readers polls

Who got best unsigned band? Now that Sab have betrayed the underground and sold out their ideals to The Man (called Dig), I'd probably go with Hesper. Also, I'm fairly sure OCR are on Godreah, unless they don't count because they release about two albums a decade.

Author:  bás [ Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: #231 - writers + readers polls

Dreadful Dr Dee wrote:
Can someone post the lists please?

Tomorrow. I have to read it first.

Author:  The Wretch [ Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:15 am ]
Post subject:  Re: #231 - writers + readers polls

:lol:

You let us down again Bás. ;)

Author:  bás [ Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: #231 - writers + readers polls

Cheap fuckers won't support your local newsagent.

Author:  turdy [ Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: #231 - writers + readers polls

Painkiller wrote:
Who got best unsigned band? Now that Sab have betrayed the underground and sold out their ideals to The Man (called Dig), I'd probably go with Hesper. Also, I'm fairly sure OCR are on Godreah, unless they don't count because they release about two albums a decade.


Best Unsigned
1 Bloodshot Dawn
2 Old Corpse Road
3 Kataleptic (who?)
4 Sermon Of Orion (who?)
5 Voices (who?)

Worst Band
1 Cradle Of Filth
2 Huntress
3 Lamb Of God
4 Metallica
5 Burzum

Author:  Painkiller [ Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: #231 - writers + readers polls

Cradle as Worst Band and a group of unashamed Cradle revivalists as second best Unsigned Band? Oh lol, Terrorizer readers of 2012, lol lol lol.

Author:  Ed Blackadder [ Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: #231 - writers + readers polls

Voices are a band featuring ex-members of Akercocke I believe, they've posted in Shameless Plugs on here.

Author:  Stevil [ Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: #231 - writers + readers polls

Yeah we got best newcomer and second best unsigned. I guess it depends re the Godreah thing. We are on the Godreah roster so to speak, but we have no contract, so I guess you could say we are still unsigned. That's not to say our next release won't be on Godreah though. We're open to options, but also more than happy to work with them again...

Technicalities aside, pretty chuffed like!

Author:  Stevil [ Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: #231 - writers + readers polls

Good!

Author:  Stevil [ Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: #231 - writers + readers polls

Besides, it was the lovely readers of Tez that voted us, so you can't blame me.

Author:  Painkiller [ Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: #231 - writers + readers polls

Painkiller wrote:
Why does Morf keep posting, then immediately quoting himself in response?


Probably some kind of attention-seeking thing.

Author:  Chantler [ Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: #231 - writers + readers polls

Painkiller wrote:
Cradle as Worst Band and a group of unashamed Cradle revivalists as second best Unsigned Band? Oh lol, Terrorizer readers of 2012, lol lol lol.


Yeah that's funny. Amazed that Cradle are still the underground bluffers' default worst band, given how many shit bands there are nowadays.

Author:  TOTW [ Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:12 am ]
Post subject:  Re: #231 - writers + readers polls

turdy wrote:
Painkiller wrote:
Who got best unsigned band? Now that Sab have betrayed the underground and sold out their ideals to The Man (called Dig), I'd probably go with Hesper. Also, I'm fairly sure OCR are on Godreah, unless they don't count because they release about two albums a decade.


Best Unsigned
1 Bloodshot Dawn
2 Old Corpse Road
3 Kataleptic (who?)
4 Sermon Of Orion (who?)
5 Voices (who?)

Worst Band
1 Cradle Of Filth
2 Huntress
3 Lamb Of God
4 Metallica
5 Burzum


Birmingham based "slam/brutal" DM band. They're toss, every fucking death metal gig that gets put on there they get put on because everyone's a fucking idiot and thinks they're good.

Author:  Solaris [ Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: #231 - writers + readers polls

Was ist "slam"? Not having a go (though it is a fucking reterded genre name, as most are), genuinely curious. I think I heard it used by yanks in the '80s, describing thrash or something.

Author:  Solaris [ Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: #231 - writers + readers polls

So... shite, then?

Author:  Painkiller [ Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: #231 - writers + readers polls

M0)))rf wrote:
It's yoof speak for brutal DM with all the melody removed and the drums turned up to 300%.


Yep. Kid in my Philosophy class played me some - Suffocation with a cleaner production and absolutely nothing interesting about it at all. I played her Day Of Suffering instead and she thought it was "alright, but a bit soft for me". It makes me sad.

Author:  Solaris [ Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: #231 - writers + readers polls

Stupid child is stupid.

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/