www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Now Reading
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 6151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 308  Next
 Now Reading 
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Post Re: Now Reading
But that guy behind the sandwich is doing invisible oranges.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:01 pm
Profile WWW
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Myrddyn wrote:
I got her into Nightwish.

Nightwish got into her.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:30 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Re-reading

Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:25 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I've just finished The Bourne Supremacy and have now started The Bourne Ultimatum, both by Robert Ludlum.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:37 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I, Lucifer is one of those novels that I've been smirking at all the way through so far and I'm only 20 pages in. Glorious. Glen Duncan is a wonderful writer it seems, one to watch if you folks havn't read any of his works so far.

Since the order of the world is governed by death, perhaps it is better for God that we should not believe in Him and struggle with all our strength against death, without raising our eyes to heaven and to His silence.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:54 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

I have taken shitloads of comics out of the library. They have all the Prometheas except the first one, sad face.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:41 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Myrddyn wrote:
I have taken shitloads of comics out of the library. They have all the Prometheas except the first one, sad face.

Which other ones did you get?

Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:43 pm
Profile WWW
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Neil Gaiman's Midnight Days
Alan Moore Complete Wildc.a.t.s and V for Vendetta
Invisibles Bloody Hell in America (I've not read any others and I don't think is the first one)

Sat May 01, 2010 12:04 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Nice one. I've only read V out of those.

Sat May 01, 2010 3:09 am
Profile WWW
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Angry Mob Justice wrote:
I, Lucifer is one of those novels that I've been smirking at all the way through so far and I'm only 20 pages in. Glorious. Glen Duncan is a wonderful writer it seems, one to watch if you folks havn't read any of his works so far.

Yep, that book is great, though I haven't read his other stuff. He's a lapsed Catholic I think, which isn't surprising.

The account in 'I, Lucifer' of Jesus' trial and crucifixion is amazing.

Sat May 01, 2010 1:34 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Not that far yet, but I've never read someone who's had me grinning in mirth all the way through. Really easy to read despite Glen's mastery of English.

Since the order of the world is governed by death, perhaps it is better for God that we should not believe in Him and struggle with all our strength against death, without raising our eyes to heaven and to His silence.

Sat May 01, 2010 1:40 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

That book sounds quite interesting, I might pick it up.

Sat May 01, 2010 10:07 pm
Profile WWW
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

China Mieville - The City & The City

I was disappointed when I first heard it wasn't going to be set in Bas-Lag, but about 120 pages in I'm extremely glad that it's not. The main premise seems so much more alien and profound for being set in our world, with recognisable cultural, historical and religious factors, than it would hiding amongst Cactus people and golems. Absolutely transfixing so far.

Sat May 01, 2010 11:17 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

'Why God Won't Go Away: Brain Science and the Biology of Belief' - Newberg & D'Aquili

''When Jesus became God' - Rubenstein

No, I can't stop religious studying... I'm really fucking boring at parties too.

http://seabastard.bandcamp.com/

turdy wrote:
Great tits and slow as fuck doom are Cromwell's Raison d'être.

Tue May 04, 2010 6:01 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

/\/\/\ This, basically. Just about to start Phillip Pullman's "The Good Man Jesus and The Scoundrel Christ", which I only have because a friend bought it for me. Looking forward to it, but a bit worried that it's going to suffer from Dawkins' Syndrome - which is when a previously enjoyable writer/lecturer/whatever who'd skilfully worked his atheism into his work decides to focus entirely on disproving God, and turns shit.

Tue May 04, 2010 6:24 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

I'm pretty entirely totally damn sure I've gone over the whole "Dawkins was a decent popular scientist before he forgot about everything but hating God so much" thing before, Mo.

Tue May 04, 2010 6:31 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Richie H-R wrote:
/\/\/\ This, basically. Just about to start Phillip Pullman's "The Good Man Jesus and The Scoundrel Christ", which I only have because a friend bought it for me. Looking forward to it, but a bit worried that it's going to suffer from Dawkins' Syndrome - which is when a previously enjoyable writer/lecturer/whatever who'd skilfully worked his atheism into his work decides to focus entirely on disproving God, and turns shit.

Yeah, that title would put me off straight away. The whole development from a supposed historical man to the deity of Constantine is fascinating, so trying to debunk it just boring. I recently finished 'Who Wrote the New Testament', and the author got it the right side of readable academia right up until the last couple of chapters when he started inferring his own views. If you're a fucking professor of theology, then I want you to teach me some religious history and theology I don't know, I don't care what your views are!

http://seabastard.bandcamp.com/

turdy wrote:
Great tits and slow as fuck doom are Cromwell's Raison d'être.

Tue May 04, 2010 6:57 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

Robert Harris: Pompeii. It's decent, not a patch on Imperium (the only other book of his I've read). Recently read Stieg Larsson's Millennium trilogy, and enjoyed them immensely. Looking forward to seeing the films.

Tue May 04, 2010 10:09 pm
A Short History Of Tractors In Ukrainian.

Wed May 05, 2010 9:58 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Zagreus wrote:
Richie H-R wrote:

Yeah, that title would put me off straight away. The whole development from a supposed historical man to the deity of Constantine is fascinating, so trying to debunk it just boring. I recently finished 'Who Wrote the New Testament', and the author got it the right side of readable academia right up until the last couple of chapters when he started inferring his own views. If you're a fucking professor of theology, then I want you to teach me some religious history and theology I don't know, I don't care what your views are!

I'm out of my depth here with two RE teachers, but I hought there was scant evidence for him as a historical figure and that he was most likely a patchwork of existing ideas or mythologies?

Now reading - various short stories by Clark Ashton Smith, Saki and Jorge Luis Borges.

Wed May 05, 2010 10:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 6151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 308  Next