www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Today is St George's day!
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:34 pm



Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Today is St George's day! 
Author Message
Star Trooper
Star Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:13 pm
Posts: 3584
Location: Co Durham UK
Post Re: Today is St George's day!
Myrddyn wrote:
The reasons for it's existence is the fact that the British media national media is mostly if not entirely based in England and is completely Anglo-centric. Welsh people for example are seldom represented and a large number of the occasions when we are, we are stupid, fat, ugly, provincial, poor, backwards etc. You can be openly offensive and derragatory to the Scots and Welsh in a way you simply cannot to ethnic minorities anymore, people have just found new ways to express to same cuntishness. These cottage industries in mildly racist tat are a way of having our own back.



I can totally understand this, sometimes it feels like this just living in the north of England.

_________________
No drummer!
No bassist!
No talent!


Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:59 pm
Profile
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:54 am
Posts: 25945
Post Re: Today is St George's day!
Necrolee wrote:
Myrddyn wrote:
The reasons for it's existence is the fact that the British media national media is mostly if not entirely based in England and is completely Anglo-centric. Welsh people for example are seldom represented and a large number of the occasions when we are, we are stupid, fat, ugly, provincial, poor, backwards etc. You can be openly offensive and derragatory to the Scots and Welsh in a way you simply cannot to ethnic minorities anymore, people have just found new ways to express to same cuntishness. These cottage industries in mildly racist tat are a way of having our own back.



I can totally understand this, sometimes it feels like this just living in the north of England.


I don't know many Northeners and I've only been to Northern England once (to Durham) but I'm aware of similar feelngs up there. Durham actually felt a lot like South East Wales, people were friendly and there seemed to be a similar sense of community. The issue isn't even Anglo-Celtic or North/South, as people from the West country are also portrayed in the same sort of light.


Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:05 pm
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:33 pm
Posts: 8340
Post Re: Today is St George's day!
Myrddyn wrote:
MALIBUMAN wrote:
Hmm, it is interesting isn't it. Personally when I see an English flag my first thought isn't usually 'BNP', it's 'football fan'. I've never really wanted to display a flag myself, but I just think that people should be able to without fear of being belittled for it. I think my attitude probably comes from the fact that I've worked in Corby all my life and there are a lot of Scottish people there and I've seen all the car stickers like 'Keep Scotland Tidy, Drop Your Litter in England' and stuff like that. Which is actually quite funny on one level, but at the same time not really acceptable if you can't take as good as you give (if you know what I mean).


I don't automatically associate the English flag with the BNP, like you I associate it with football fans; and I associate them with foul mouthed, cuntish behaviour. Obviously most football fans are not like that. As to those bumper stickers, driving around England with them is more than a bit off. You get similar merchandise in Wales, Ts that say things like "I support two teams, Wales and whoever's playing England" and worse, that sort of thing is not common, but is about. The reasons for it's existence is the fact that the British media national media is mostly if not entirely based in England and is completely Anglo-centric. Welsh people for example are seldom represented and a large number of the occasions when we are, we are stupid, fat, ugly, provincial, poor, backwards etc. You can be openly offensive and derragatory to the Scots and Welsh in a way you simply cannot to ethnic minorities anymore, people have just found new ways to express to same cuntishness. These cottage industries in mildly racist tat are a way of having our own back.

MALIBUMAN wrote:
I guess Steve's right about the flag being associated with the BNP and all that, which is a shame. It just seems a bit odd that we in England are kind of expected to be 'inclusive', whereas no one bats an eyelid when someone describes themselves as Scottish or Welsh.


I think you're right about the English having a burden of inclusivity in a way the Welsh and Scots are not. This is because you are by for the most populous, wealthy and powerful and UK is utterly dominated by England.

I don't think you are racist or a Mail Reader Mali, you just enjoy whinging and feeling hard done by.


Well, yes, I'm English aren't I!
Hahahahahahaha

Glad we've sorted that out. :lol:

_________________
Why was the Christmas thread unlocked and then locked again??? Completely without justification.


Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:56 pm
Profile
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:38 am
Posts: 27810
Location: Cunnamulla
Post Re: Today is St George's day!


Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:35 pm
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:33 pm
Posts: 8340
Post Re: Today is St George's day!
Seen it before.
It wasn't funny then either.

Myddryn, I hate to bring this up again....
Why were you glad I put Welsh in inverted commas?
I don't really see the significance.
What's the difference between Welsh and 'Welsh'?
I think perhaps you are crediting me with far more intelligence than I have and presuming slights where there are none.
I simply meant if you were abroad and someone said to you 'where do you come from' you would answer - Wales.
Just as I would answer England.
If you say Britain they then have to say 'what part of Britain' (what with there being several pretty well known parts and all that).

_________________
Why was the Christmas thread unlocked and then locked again??? Completely without justification.


Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:49 pm
Profile
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:54 am
Posts: 25945
Post Re: Today is St George's day!
MALIBUMAN wrote:
Seen it before.
It wasn't funny then either.

Myddryn, I hate to bring this up again....
Why were you glad I put Welsh in inverted commas?
I don't really see the significance.
What's the difference between Welsh and 'Welsh'?
I think perhaps you are crediting me with far more intelligence than I have and presuming slights where there are none.
I simply meant if you were abroad and someone said to you 'where do you come from' you would answer - Wales.
Just as I would answer England.
If you say Britain they then have to say 'what part of Britain' (what with there being several pretty well known parts and all that).


Because I said didn't like the word Welsh and I explained in why the same post.


Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:36 pm
Profile
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:22 pm
Posts: 17636
Location: Shakespeare Cuntry
Post Re: Today is St George's day!
I found out today that a pub in my town had a visit from the police on the 23rd. Someone had complained about the St. George's Cross flag they had hung out the front and the police ordered them to take it down because it had been reported as offensive.
Not allowed to display the St. George's Flag on St. George's Day.
I'd say it was unbelievable, but unfortunately it isn't.

_________________
Image


Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:59 am
Profile WWW
Gimp
Gimp
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:29 pm
Posts: 13
Post Re: Today is St George's day!
Saint George was a Palestinian. He is also the Patron saint of Palestine for that reason. get yer Yasser Arafat scarfs out to honour St Georges day!

He is also patron saint of Catalonia, Ethiopia, Georgia, Greece, Lithuania, Portugal, and Russia.

_________________
Image


Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:12 am
Profile
Star Trooper
Star Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:27 pm
Posts: 3456
Post Re: Today is St George's day!
Spiny Norman wrote:
I found out today that a pub in my town had a visit from the police on the 23rd. Someone had complained about the St. George's Cross flag they had hung out the front and the police ordered them to take it down because it had been reported as offensive.
Not allowed to display the St. George's Flag on St. George's Day.
I'd say it was unbelievable, but unfortunately it isn't.


I highly doubt that's true.


Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:22 am
Profile
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:38 am
Posts: 27810
Location: Cunnamulla
Post Re: Today is St George's day!
I seriously doubt it as well.


Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:43 am
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:33 pm
Posts: 8340
Post Re: Today is St George's day!
Spiny, is it true? Or are you an old out of touch with the times Daily Mail reading BNP member making shit up?

_________________
Why was the Christmas thread unlocked and then locked again??? Completely without justification.


Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:53 am
Profile
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:25 am
Posts: 28491
Post Re: Today is St George's day!
MALIBUMAN wrote:
Of course, pointing this out practically marks you out as a member of the BNP these days.


We're not even allowed to be English anymore! They've banned Christmas, and anyone caught so much as wearing white and red together is tried at Nuremberg for war-crimes!

If most English people these days don't give a shit about St. George's day, Malibu, it's got nothing to do with political correctness or immigration, whatever some groups may be desperate to prove. Statement like the one above just makes yousound like an ignorant scapegoater (it's a word!), which is a shame as you've shown before that you're not.

If you're really resentful, though, try going to Barcelona - they fucking love St. George there.


Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:57 am
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:33 pm
Posts: 8340
Post Re: Today is St George's day!
Perhaps I was being ironic?

_________________
Why was the Christmas thread unlocked and then locked again??? Completely without justification.


Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:59 am
Profile
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:25 am
Posts: 28491
Post Re: Today is St George's day!
Shallowthing wrote:
robitusson wrote:
You didn't say "I'm proud to be English". You whinged about other nationalities and immediately played victim.

... which is what it truly means to be English.


It's certainly the right that most "they don't let us be English anymore!" whingers seem to want. It depresses the fuck out of me how many adults seem to genuinely think that being a white person with an English family makes you some kind of persecuted minority in this country.


Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:01 am
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:33 pm
Posts: 8340
Post Re: Today is St George's day!
Okay, cards on the table. I can't say that I've ever experienced any trouble with any immigrants. I've never been told to take my flag down either. But the thing is I live in a village, in the Midlands. There are no immigrants here (or very few). 10-20 miles away in any direction there are thousands, but I do not live there so I do not know. I could fly a flag here and no one would tell me to take it down, they would assume I was gearing up for the World Cup and would probably tut about the fact that it spoiled the look of the close and isn't it about time I cut my hedge. I don't live in a place where there are immigrants so my first hand experience of them is pretty limited.

However, I work in Corby which has a huge amount of Polish. Walk round Asda and you will not believe how many Polish voices you hear, it is literally like being abroad. When I first went there it was all Scottish, but the Scottish produce aisle has been replaced with Polish food. All the Polish people I have met have been pretty pleasant, actually. And their work ethic is admirable.

I do know that it is no longer safe out at night in Leicester, and that is down to Lithuanian and other Eastern Block immigrants. Ten years ago I used to go out in Leicester and walk through any street to get back to the car. Now the police issue a map of which streets to walk on (basically the three main streets). People who look after the homeless wear stab vests.

- - -

I heard the BNP launched their manifesto the other day. It's quite refreshing to hear a politician NOT talking about jobs, the NHS and the debt.... of course everything Nick Griffin says is shot to pieces as soon as it comes out of his mouth, I mean the guy could propose a very sensible economic policy which would solve the country's debt problems and everyone would just shout 'Nazi' at him.

So what does the forum think of his new claim that the Muslims are intending to outbreed 'us' and take control of the country in 50 years?

(Just curious, please do not take from this that I agree with him).

_________________
Why was the Christmas thread unlocked and then locked again??? Completely without justification.


Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:18 am
Profile
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:38 am
Posts: 27810
Location: Cunnamulla
Post Re: Today is St George's day!
What's your point then? If that's the way you feel about walking at night in Leicester and the Polish work ethic, then good for you. What's it got to do with anything though?


Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:32 am
Profile
Post Re: Today is St George's day!
I'm baffled by this.


Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:37 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:38 am
Posts: 27810
Location: Cunnamulla
Post Re: Today is St George's day!
Likewise.


Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:39 am
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 5939
Location: Up North!
Post Re: Today is St George's day!
Iz it koz I iz orange?

Image

_________________


Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:17 am
Profile WWW
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:54 am
Posts: 25945
Post Re: Today is St George's day!
MALIBUMAN wrote:

I do know that it is no longer safe out at night in Leicester, and that is down to Lithuanian and other Eastern Block immigrants. Ten years ago I used to go out in Leicester and walk through any street to get back to the car. Now the police issue a map of which streets to walk on (basically the three main streets). People who look after the homeless wear stab vests.

I heard the BNP launched their manifesto the other day. It's quite refreshing to hear a politician NOT talking about jobs, the NHS and the debt.... of course everything Nick Griffin says is shot to pieces as soon as it comes out of his mouth, I mean the guy could propose a very sensible economic policy which would solve the country's debt problems and everyone would just shout 'Nazi' at him.

So what does the forum think of his new claim that the Muslims are intending to outbreed 'us' and take control of the country in 50 years?


Are you sure these problems in Leicester are (purely) down to immigrants?

Nick Griffin could make all sorts of rational, intelligent claims (although I've never heard him make one), but he will always be shouted down for being a Nazi because he is one.

His about "the Muslims" trying to "outbreed us" are true in as much as some Muslim extemists spout rhetoric about this, they are as big a set of wankers and idiots as the BNP, possibly worse.


Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:30 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.