www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Do we need to talk about Lords of Chaos?
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Do we need to talk about Lords of Chaos? 
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Post Re: Do we need to talk about Lords of Chaos?
Bohemian looks SHIT!

Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:03 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

Yes, so you've said. Have you seen it?

Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:38 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

I've seen it. It was alright. the Live Aid sequence was extraordinary. Otherwise a fairly run-of-the-mill biopic. I'm not a fan of Queen but even I could tell the timeline of the movie was fucked-up.
Watched 'The Dirt' last night (the missus is a Crue fan). Again, it was ok. Very much toned down from what actually went on, I'd imagine. The Tommy Lee guy was spot on. I'm not into MC's music either, so it was hinging on the story of the band which wasn't all that interesting, if you ask me...

Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:48 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Yeah, I recently watched The Dirt too. Music biopics are just not really my cup of tea. Most of them just feel like a Behind The Music dramatisation, and are just too formulaic. Truth is, musicians lives really aren’t all that interesting, nor are their feats all that interesting, apart from actually writing great music, but the creative process is really hard to convey in a narrative setting.

Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:34 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Chinese Whispers wrote:
Yeah, I recently watched The Dirt too.

I thought it was alright, could have been better. Iwan Rheon was great as Mick Mars.

Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:39 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Chinese Whispers wrote:
Yeah, I recently watched The Dirt too. Music biopics are just not really my cup of tea. Most of them just feel like a Behind The Music dramatisation, and are just too formulaic. Truth is, musicians lives really aren’t all that interesting, nor are their feats all that interesting, apart from actually writing great music, but the creative process is really hard to convey in a narrative setting.

Well said. Are there any great music biopics? I watched all of Bohemian Rhapsody today. It is pretty dire. Relatively cheap looking and feels sanitised, even dishonest. The guy that played Freddie was alright but too OTT for my liking, and some of his dialogue was terrible.

Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:09 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I liked BH despite its many faults, but Malek's performance was the best thing about it.

So much of it was complete fabrication. Freddie didn't tell the band he had AIDS before Live Aid as he wasn't even diagnosed until 1987. And seeing as they released The Works in 1984 - and toured it - they definitely didn't split up after Hot Space. And certainly not over Freddie releasing a solo album, as Roger had already released one in 1981 and was working on a second.

Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:04 pm
Profile WWW
Climate Control
Climate Control

Finally watched this. It was average at best, a ho-hum music biopic with stabby/shooty bits, but not as bad as I'd expected.

Attila was played by his son, too.

Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:51 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Wait, are we talking about The Dirt, Bohemian Rhapsody, or Lords of Chaos?

Just watched the latter and enjoyed it greatly. I get emotionally involved and found it very striking how the film pulls at your heart strings and then, wham, the last line of the movie, cut to black metal soundtrack and then finish it off with Myrkur (?).

So am I inspired by the film? The film itself, maybe. But I'm not inspired to burn down churches and kill people to feel I've made some purpose on this world. I am inspired however to tell the stories of shit I've seen and experience in life. It may be the dark side of what happens in life, but we are all young at some point in life then we grow up. We get bullshit jobs and boring lives and look back at all the stupid shit we did as kids as entertainment to keep us from nodding off from life.

Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2