www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Gym Thread...pump it!
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 891 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
 Gym Thread...pump it! 
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Post Re: Gym Thread...pump it!
Mo Cake Mo Problems wrote:

This is why there are so many mens' magazines selling exercise and diet programmes.

'Selling' is right, last issue of Men's Fitness I got was full of adverts for protein powder, creatine, fat burners etc.

It's all Broscience!

Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:24 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Anything that cuts down time really. I dont want to be spending an hour plus working out. Better to keep it short, sharp and to the point rather than "Fuck-a-round-itis" that a lot of people do. Unless you're a professional athelete or semi-pro that much time in the gym is not needed.

I went with the 6-8 Steve because its what Arnie and all the pro power lifters do for their weights as well as a lot of action movie actors. I dont necessarily want the same bodies as them but if their regimes work then they work.

Most of all its about diet, doesnt really matter what you do as long as you do -something-.

I do a system thats based on the swedish MovNat, Crossfit and heavy lifting lately. But mostly all outside. I enjoy it, can do pull-ups now and can also do a lot of burpees. I'd say I'm actually progressing to "fit" for the first time in my life.

Since the order of the world is governed by death, perhaps it is better for God that we should not believe in Him and struggle with all our strength against death, without raising our eyes to heaven and to His silence.

Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:47 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

What about bodyweight exercises, where increasing the weight you're humping about for exercise isn't an option?

Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:55 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Mo Cake Mo Problems wrote:
TOTW wrote:
I went with the 6-8 Steve because its what Arnie and all the pro power lifters do for their weights as well as a lot of action movie actors. I dont necessarily want the same bodies as them but if their regimes work then they work.

Arnie isn't and never was a "power lifter". Action movie stars lift for physique not power.

Body building sets are different to power lifting sets with different numbers of reps and breaks between.

One sculpts the muscle and the other doesn't give a shit what it looks like as long as it it as strong as possible. Hence why strongmen/powerlifters are rarely that defined.

Do you not think I know this? They can still lift. A muscle either grows or it doesnt. Strongmen can lift but they cant run. An actor can still run. Hence they're still fit. Arnie could still lift a hell of a lot.

All the fucking nitpicking.

Since the order of the world is governed by death, perhaps it is better for God that we should not believe in Him and struggle with all our strength against death, without raising our eyes to heaven and to His silence.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:48 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Shallowthing wrote:
What about bodyweight exercises, where increasing the weight you're humping about for exercise isn't an option?

Mostly what I do. Burpees. Star-jumps, squats without weights, pull-ups and so on. They work, its what the military do too so if its good enough for them.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:49 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Shallowthing wrote:
Here's a question: Which is more beneficial - resistance or repetitions?

Well resistance is futile.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:31 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Most movie stars are full a the gear. Christian Bale for Batman, Ed Norton for American History X, Charlie Sheen in Hot Shots Part Deux :D

Some studios just offered them millions for a part, they are going to be taken all sorts to look the part for that kind of money.

That and they have all the time and money in the world to train and eat properly. But don't let the cunts kid you on that it was all down to some chicken and tuna.

Anyway tonight I did my own wee home made circuit.

10 minutes warm up, stationary type stuff on the spot. Jogging, high knees, skipping ropes, floor sprints etc

Then a mile and a half run, with Madonna blaring in my ears. Was truly inspirational running along out of breathe singing away to Open Your Heart To Me.
Put on Surf Nicaragua for the final sprint. Epic.

Then 10 minutes of burpees, press ups, tire flips and smacking the tire with a big hammer.

Finished with a few sets of crunches.

All in all, it was pretty good going and although I'm not the fittest or anything like that I felt vastly superior to fat cunts everywhere. :D

Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:49 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

WATP wrote:
Most movie stars are full a the gear. Christian Bale for Batman, Ed Norton for American History X, Charlie Sheen in Hot Shots Part Deux :D

Some studios just offered them millions for a part, they are going to be taken all sorts to look the part for that kind of money.

That and they have all the time and money in the world to train and eat properly. But don't let the cunts kid you on that it was all down to some chicken and tuna.

Exactly, same with that Jodie Marsh, reckons she does eight hours a day at the gym. Bollocks. Yes, she works out - it's pretty obvious she does - but I doubt she puts in eight hour sessions. You'll be dropping off by then!

Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:48 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Can anyone recommend a decent pedometer (in before "HURR DURR IT COUNTS CHILD MOLESTORS") app for Android? I tried out Accupedo this morning, but it was a bit shit.

Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:29 pm
Gimp
Gimp

Yup. A year and a half out the gym...and it's time to get back on it. Now I'm gf-less :( gotta focus again. Don't want to join the gym atm, cause of money, so I'm just running and looking for good bodyweight exercises.

Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:12 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Sorry to hear about your being gf-less, mate.

Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:26 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Just had my first free weight session in about 7 years feel ill and shakey now ,still its a good feeling in a funny sort of way .

Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:20 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Am back at the gym myself again now and am really enjoying it - the initial pain of getting up at 5am to go before work has eased off now and I have managed to cutback on the beer and poor diet and add more fruit again. Still mindful of my side (suspected hernia that the doc says has gone) but enjoying all the same.

Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:58 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

My shirts are now too tight across my chest, back, shoulders...

Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:08 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

I have the same issue with my trousers for work. My calf muscles have increased in size and my slim fit trousers get stuck on them when I sit down.

Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:51 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Do you go to exercise for less turdy ?i seem to vaguely remembering you say you did .

Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:31 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Main motivation is to lose the beer belly - I get bitten by the free weights bug though and find myself doing more of them once I have reduced the gut down.

Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:13 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

I really want to go back to the gym but I'm just so tired all of the time and don't have the energy to go and work out. Hopefully the doctors will figure out what's up with me.

Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:32 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

AIDS or stress.

Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Well I've had a blood test recently so it's definitely not AIDS, but it could be stress or whatever.

Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 891 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next