www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Things you fucking HATE!!!
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 4051 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 199, 200, 201, 202, 203
 Things you fucking HATE!!! 
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Post Re: Things you fucking HATE!!!
Hey, it's a new year, it's a new decade. Turn that frown upside down. Always look on the bright side of life!

Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:44 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Green Man wrote:
Hey, it's a new year, it's a new decade. Turn that frown upside down. Always look on the bright side of life!

Well in hindsight it wasn't so bad. Been working on slowly organizing my life.

Also been starting to write a story I've had in my mind for quite some months. Who knows what this will lead to.

Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:08 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Colin040 wrote:
Green Man wrote:

Also been starting to write a story I've had in my mind for quite some months. Who knows what this will lead to.

Awesome! Good for you, man!

I need to do more of this. At least I'm keeping up the guitar practice. I only just started learning guitar last year so pretty good for a middle aged guy to start playing an instrument so late in life.

What's your story about?

Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:30 am
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Green Man wrote:
Colin040 wrote:
Green Man wrote:

Awesome! Good for you, man!

I need to do more of this. At least I'm keeping up the guitar practice. I only just started learning guitar last year so pretty good for a middle aged guy to start playing an instrument so late in life.

What's your story about?

It's pretty bleak! About a young man in his 20s who tries to find purpose in his life, hopes to do so by joining the army where he starts to question his own morality, faces the horror of war itself before fate eventually turns against him and he gets killed.

No idea where I got the inspiration from! :lol: I'm hardly interested in war in general, but I do like bleak stories so.

Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:59 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Did you just give away the ending?

Sounds like Born On The Fourth Of July with Tom Cruise with an alternative ending.

Have you ever seen the film Birdy with Mathew Modine? For some reason I thought of this film too.

Maybe you can put a positive spin on your story. Like what if he sees a fairy just before he dies, utters something to the guy that kills him who then spreads a message of hope to the world and all wars end.

Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:47 am
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Hey, you asked what the story would be about.

Since I don't really know much about war, I could use something different, but I do like the idea of the character trying to find purpose by doing something that will eventually be the end of him.

And I haven't seen that movie, no.

Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:08 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Colin040 wrote:
Hey, you asked what the story would be about.

Since I don't really know much about war, I could use something different, but I do like the idea of the character trying to find purpose by doing something that will eventually be the end of him.

And I haven't seen that movie, no.

Don't get me wrong. I like your story premise. Sounds like the works of something very deep and thought provoking. And I think it may be possible to write about something you haven't experienced with the empathy you gained from experiencing it through the art of others who have. Suggested: Watch films like Platoon and then go visit Vietnam (which by the way is a great country to visit and lots to see and do including visiting famous war sites like the Mekong Delta and the Chu Chi Tunnels).

When River Phoenix and others researched their roles for My Own Private Idaho they hung out with actual street kids/prostitutes, so I recall reading somewhere. Just make sure you don't lunge yourself into things to deeply for your own well being. Like Meditation, you need to be able to pull yourself out at anytime.

Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:32 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Green Man wrote:
Don't get me wrong. I like your story premise. Sounds like the works of something very deep and thought provoking. And I think it may be possible to write about something you haven't experienced with the empathy you gained from experiencing it through the art of others who have. Suggested: Watch films like Platoon and then go visit Vietnam (which by the way is a great country to visit and lots to see and do including visiting famous war sites like the Mekong Delta and the Chu Chi Tunnels).

When River Phoenix and others researched their roles for My Own Private Idaho they hung out with actual street kids/prostitutes, so I recall reading somewhere. Just make sure you don't lunge yourself into things to deeply for your own well being. Like Meditation, you need to be able to pull yourself out at anytime.

I've seen Platoon. Not a fan of it though. Thanks for the advice, nonetheless.

Speaking of meditation, how long does it take for it to work? I've been making a habit out of it the last 3 weeks or so, but haven't noticed anything...yet.

Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:40 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

I've only done guided mediation. 20 minutes on CD. Some woman telling me to let go of my thoughts over Spa music and ocean waves.

Had it in person decades ago when I was doing all kinds of stuff and nearly didn't come out. Gave the instructor a fright.

Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:32 am
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

...Not sure if this makes me want to continue practicing that stuff, man! :lol:

Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:21 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

It was an extreme example. You probably don't have to worry about getting lost in your meditation.

Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4051 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 199, 200, 201, 202, 203