www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Things you fucking HATE!!!
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4037 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 202  Next
 Things you fucking HATE!!! 
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Post Re: Things you fucking HATE!!!
doomovertheworld wrote:
those twats who play their ipods so fucking loud that the entire train can hear their music. what makes it worse is invariably they will have absolutely appalling taste in music

People who complain about people who play their Ipods loud, what's the point of listening to music unless it's loud.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:44 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

hostilesteve wrote:
Dreadful Doctor Dee wrote:
Amazing story Spiny. Some very sensible hatreds on here so far, I'm with the book and CD/DVD abuse lobby and the YOU ARE NOT PART OF THE CUNTING TEAM YOU SUPPORT YOU CUNT pressure group.

I hate people who won't watch foreign language films simply becuase they have the temerity to not be in English.

i struggle with subtitles simply cause of my dyslexia

The wife's the same. She's dyslexic (not seriously, but enough to make things like reading subtitles difficult) and knows she's missing out on some great films.

She actually managed Pan's Labyrinth a couple of years ago, mainly because the subtitles were quite short for the most part and I filled in the blanks for her on the slightly longer ones.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:17 pm
Profile WWW
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

mymate does much the same for me, i had to watched old boy 3 or 4 times before i got the story.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:04 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

People having the TV or radio on in the background all the time even though they are not watching/listening.

PEOPLE HAVE SWEATED BLOOD TO MAKE THOSE PROGRAMMES/WRITE THAT MUSIC (EVEN THE SHIT PROGRAMMES AND SHIT MUSIC) AND YOU'RE TREATING IT LIKE VISUAL/AURAL AIR FRESHENER, ALL BECAUSE YOU ARE SCARED OF SILENCE BECAUSE IT MAKES YOU THINK OF DEATH'S INFINITE VOID (OR AT THE VERY LEAST WHAT AN EMPTY VESSEL YOU ARE). YOU ARE SCUM, MAN.

I'll cheerfully admit this is one of my less rational/more Shallowthingesque pet hates.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:28 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Solaris wrote:
People referring to the football team they support as "we". You don't play for them, cunt.

Wrong, just wrong.

http://letterboxd.com/cynical_boner/

Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:37 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

JCC wrote:
I am uncomfortable with all disrespect towards books. Pulling the cover back all the way, dog-earing the pages. Books should be treated with love and respect.

The people who used to do this probably read from souless Kindles these days anyway.

http://letterboxd.com/cynical_boner/

Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:40 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

how caanyone make such a mistake like that.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:44 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Clint Ruin wrote:
People having the TV or radio on in the background all the time even though they are not watching/listening.

PEOPLE HAVE SWEATED BLOOD TO MAKE THOSE PROGRAMMES/WRITE THAT MUSIC (EVEN THE SHIT PROGRAMMES AND SHIT MUSIC) AND YOU'RE TREATING IT LIKE VISUAL/AURAL AIR FRESHENER, ALL BECAUSE YOU ARE SCARED OF SILENCE BECAUSE IT MAKES YOU THINK OF DEATH'S INFINITE VOID (OR AT THE VERY LEAST WHAT AN EMPTY VESSEL YOU ARE). YOU ARE SCUM, MAN.

I'll cheerfully admit this is one of my less rational/more Shallowthingesque pet hates.

My ladypartner can't work or even just sit in her room without the radio or worse, the TV on. I don't get it at all - silence is something to be cherished!

Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:48 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Even the word 'silence' seems somehow archaic nowadays, as though it was something punitive from the olden tymes. People who can't even sleep without the telly on are the worst of all.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:11 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I don't really know proper silence, live next to a main road, and we have a country style garden so animals and critters of all kinds are chirping all the time (not that I mind). Total silence would be eerie I guess.

Since the order of the world is governed by death, perhaps it is better for God that we should not believe in Him and struggle with all our strength against death, without raising our eyes to heaven and to His silence.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:13 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I hate everything at the moment.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:16 pm
Profile WWW
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

i hate pikeys.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:41 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I hate salesmen calling to the door at tea time, and then getting the hump when you don't want to talk to them, making some sort of smart arse comment under their breath as they walk away. The last time I had no choice but to verbally tear him a new one.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:17 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

hostilesteve wrote:
Amazing story Spiny. Some very sensible hatreds on here so far, I'm with the book and CD/DVD abuse lobby and the YOU ARE NOT PART OF THE CUNTING TEAM YOU SUPPORT YOU CUNT pressure group.

I hate people who won't watch foreign language films simply becuase they have the temerity to not be in English.

i struggle with subtitles simply cause of my illiteracy

Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:02 pm
Profile WWW
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

JCC wrote:
Relatedly, dubs. Just, why? Are other cultures so upsetting to you that all foreign languages must be emotionlessly drawled over and all of the film's nuance and character destroyed?

This all day. It's not so much a hate for me as it is a preference.

Technique only exists to do justice to your potential

Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:15 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Moses The Prophet wrote:

I know what JCC is saying, but there is nothing like a well read ( yet well looked after ) book.

I do like it when a book has character (in particular the Grisham novel I bought in Costa Rica in which someone had inexplicably underlined the word "smartphone" every time it appeared), but when people are genuinely careless with books it is a little irritating. One of my friends once lent another friend a book which was returned to him in two completely separate chunks.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:36 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

Spiny Norman wrote:
JCC wrote:
Relatedly, dubs. Just, why? Are other cultures so upsetting to you that all foreign languages must be emotionlessly drawled over and all of the film's nuance and character destroyed?

I simply won't watch a film if it's dubbed. If it looks good I'll just find the subbed version instead.

I was really looking forward to seeing Stalingrad, rented it and settled down to watch it - it was fucking dubbed with no language/subtitles options. Absolute cunts. I watched it but didn't enjoy a second of it.

The only time I'll watch a dubbed film is with anime, as (apart from Akira) they're generally done well, especially the Studio Ghibli ones. I like concentrating on the visuals without the distraction of reading it, too.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:43 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Good sense being talked in this thread.

Steve wrote:
Loud people in the quiet carriage... bad grammar...

Solaris wrote:
football

wretched_metal wrote:
totally OTT public mourning...

Politicians who claim to stand for "family values"

Angry Mob Justice wrote:
People who say their religion is "Jedi". Throw yourself under a bus, cunt.

Solaris wrote:
People bending, nay, rolling the covers of books around the whole way. You're fucking ruining it!

It's almost as bad as putting CDs or DVDs in the wrong cases, or worse still: piling them up in no cases at all. Take them to the Tree Of Woe!

JCC wrote:
I am uncomfortable with all disrespect towards books. Pulling the cover back all the way, dog-earing the pages. Books should be treated with love and respect.

Clint Ruin wrote:

wretched_metal wrote:
I hate salesmen calling to the door at tea time, and then getting the hump when you don't want to talk to them, making some sort of smart arse comment under their breath as they walk away. The last time I had no choice but to verbally tear him a new one.

This isn't really a hate, but it's definitely a frustration: People who complain about who comes to their front door. Simple answer: Don't answer the door unless you're expecting someone, and they've texted you to say "I'm outside".

Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:12 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Shallowthing wrote:
wretched_metal wrote:

This isn't really a hate, but it's definitely a frustration: People who complain about who comes to their front door. Simple answer: Don't answer the door unless you're expecting someone, and they've texted you to say "I'm outside".

Yeah, but my family live up the road and often call in unannounced. Besides which, its not that they are at the door, its the time they call, and their attitude when you aren't interested in what they are selling. I mean, I'm perfectly friendly about it, but they always have something to say, like you have insulted them.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:18 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

wretched_metal wrote:
Yeah, but my family live up the road and often call in unannounced.

Nightmarish. Have you considered razor wire? Attack dogs? Land mines?

Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 4037 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 202  Next