www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Things you fucking HATE!!!
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:31 pm



Reply to topic  [ 4037 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 202  Next
 Things you fucking HATE!!! 
Author Message
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:58 pm
Posts: 15202
Location: The wrong side of 50....... just
Post Re: Things you fucking HATE!!!
doomovertheworld wrote:
those twats who play their ipods so fucking loud that the entire train can hear their music. what makes it worse is invariably they will have absolutely appalling taste in music


People who complain about people who play their Ipods loud, what's the point of listening to music unless it's loud.

_________________
Image


Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:44 pm
Profile
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:22 pm
Posts: 17636
Location: Shakespeare Cuntry
Post Re: Things you fucking HATE!!!
hostilesteve wrote:
Dreadful Doctor Dee wrote:
Amazing story Spiny. Some very sensible hatreds on here so far, I'm with the book and CD/DVD abuse lobby and the YOU ARE NOT PART OF THE CUNTING TEAM YOU SUPPORT YOU CUNT pressure group.

I hate people who won't watch foreign language films simply becuase they have the temerity to not be in English.

i struggle with subtitles simply cause of my dyslexia

The wife's the same. She's dyslexic (not seriously, but enough to make things like reading subtitles difficult) and knows she's missing out on some great films.

She actually managed Pan's Labyrinth a couple of years ago, mainly because the subtitles were quite short for the most part and I filled in the blanks for her on the slightly longer ones.

_________________
Image


Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:17 pm
Profile WWW
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:52 pm
Posts: 7017
Post Re: Things you fucking HATE!!!
mymate does much the same for me, i had to watched old boy 3 or 4 times before i got the story.

_________________
Image


Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:04 pm
Profile
Star Trooper
Star Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:01 pm
Posts: 3514
Location: the collective unconscious
Post Re: Things you fucking HATE!!!
People having the TV or radio on in the background all the time even though they are not watching/listening.

PEOPLE HAVE SWEATED BLOOD TO MAKE THOSE PROGRAMMES/WRITE THAT MUSIC (EVEN THE SHIT PROGRAMMES AND SHIT MUSIC) AND YOU'RE TREATING IT LIKE VISUAL/AURAL AIR FRESHENER, ALL BECAUSE YOU ARE SCARED OF SILENCE BECAUSE IT MAKES YOU THINK OF DEATH'S INFINITE VOID (OR AT THE VERY LEAST WHAT AN EMPTY VESSEL YOU ARE). YOU ARE SCUM, MAN.

I'll cheerfully admit this is one of my less rational/more Shallowthingesque pet hates.


Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:28 pm
Profile
Star Trooper
Star Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:00 pm
Posts: 3628
Post Re: Things you fucking HATE!!!
Solaris wrote:
People referring to the football team they support as "we". You don't play for them, cunt.


Wrong, just wrong.

_________________
Kid Dynamite wrote:
"they created you and how do you repay them? with your snotty looks, your catchy hooks and your rock star image."

Image

http://letterboxd.com/cynical_boner/


Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:37 pm
Profile
Star Trooper
Star Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:00 pm
Posts: 3628
Post Re: Things you fucking HATE!!!
JCC wrote:
I am uncomfortable with all disrespect towards books. Pulling the cover back all the way, dog-earing the pages. Books should be treated with love and respect.


The people who used to do this probably read from souless Kindles these days anyway.

_________________
Kid Dynamite wrote:
"they created you and how do you repay them? with your snotty looks, your catchy hooks and your rock star image."

Image

http://letterboxd.com/cynical_boner/


Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:40 pm
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:52 pm
Posts: 7017
Post Re: Things you fucking HATE!!!
how caanyone make such a mistake like that.

_________________
Image


Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:44 pm
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:32 pm
Posts: 8683
Post Re: Things you fucking HATE!!!
Clint Ruin wrote:
People having the TV or radio on in the background all the time even though they are not watching/listening.

PEOPLE HAVE SWEATED BLOOD TO MAKE THOSE PROGRAMMES/WRITE THAT MUSIC (EVEN THE SHIT PROGRAMMES AND SHIT MUSIC) AND YOU'RE TREATING IT LIKE VISUAL/AURAL AIR FRESHENER, ALL BECAUSE YOU ARE SCARED OF SILENCE BECAUSE IT MAKES YOU THINK OF DEATH'S INFINITE VOID (OR AT THE VERY LEAST WHAT AN EMPTY VESSEL YOU ARE). YOU ARE SCUM, MAN.

I'll cheerfully admit this is one of my less rational/more Shallowthingesque pet hates.

My ladypartner can't work or even just sit in her room without the radio or worse, the TV on. I don't get it at all - silence is something to be cherished!

_________________
Guardian-reading Fairtrade coffee-drinking bollocks


Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:48 pm
Profile
Star Trooper
Star Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:01 pm
Posts: 3514
Location: the collective unconscious
Post Re: Things you fucking HATE!!!
Even the word 'silence' seems somehow archaic nowadays, as though it was something punitive from the olden tymes. People who can't even sleep without the telly on are the worst of all.


Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:11 pm
Profile
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 11645
Post Re: Things you fucking HATE!!!
I don't really know proper silence, live next to a main road, and we have a country style garden so animals and critters of all kinds are chirping all the time (not that I mind). Total silence would be eerie I guess.

_________________
The Esoteric Gentlemen's Club wrote:
Since the order of the world is governed by death, perhaps it is better for God that we should not believe in Him and struggle with all our strength against death, without raising our eyes to heaven and to His silence.

Image


Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:13 pm
Profile
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:54 pm
Posts: 11047
Location: Hull
Post Re: Things you fucking HATE!!!
I hate everything at the moment.


Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:16 pm
Profile WWW
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:52 pm
Posts: 7017
Post Re: Things you fucking HATE!!!
i hate pikeys.

_________________
Image


Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:41 pm
Profile
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:28 am
Posts: 20765
Location: Éire
Post Re: Things you fucking HATE!!!
I hate salesmen calling to the door at tea time, and then getting the hump when you don't want to talk to them, making some sort of smart arse comment under their breath as they walk away. The last time I had no choice but to verbally tear him a new one.


Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:17 pm
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:40 pm
Posts: 9041
Location: Illinois
Post Re: Things you fucking HATE!!!
hostilesteve wrote:
Dreadful Doctor Dee wrote:
Amazing story Spiny. Some very sensible hatreds on here so far, I'm with the book and CD/DVD abuse lobby and the YOU ARE NOT PART OF THE CUNTING TEAM YOU SUPPORT YOU CUNT pressure group.

I hate people who won't watch foreign language films simply becuase they have the temerity to not be in English.

i struggle with subtitles simply cause of my illiteracy

_________________
Image


Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:02 pm
Profile WWW
Star Trooper
Star Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:24 pm
Posts: 3186
Post Re: Things you fucking HATE!!!
JCC wrote:
Dreadful Doctor Dee wrote:
I hate people who won't watch foreign language films simply becuase they have the temerity to not be in English.
Relatedly, dubs. Just, why? Are other cultures so upsetting to you that all foreign languages must be emotionlessly drawled over and all of the film's nuance and character destroyed?


This all day. It's not so much a hate for me as it is a preference.

_________________
Image



Technique only exists to do justice to your potential


Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:15 pm
Profile
Star Trooper
Star Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:27 pm
Posts: 3456
Post Re: Things you fucking HATE!!!
Moses The Prophet wrote:

I know what JCC is saying, but there is nothing like a well read ( yet well looked after ) book.


I do like it when a book has character (in particular the Grisham novel I bought in Costa Rica in which someone had inexplicably underlined the word "smartphone" every time it appeared), but when people are genuinely careless with books it is a little irritating. One of my friends once lent another friend a book which was returned to him in two completely separate chunks.


Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:36 pm
Profile
Climate Control
Climate Control
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 9:02 pm
Posts: 44936
Location: Béal Átha na Slua
Post Re: Things you fucking HATE!!!
Spiny Norman wrote:
JCC wrote:
Dreadful Doctor Dee wrote:
I hate people who won't watch foreign language films simply becuase they have the temerity to not be in English.
Relatedly, dubs. Just, why? Are other cultures so upsetting to you that all foreign languages must be emotionlessly drawled over and all of the film's nuance and character destroyed?

I simply won't watch a film if it's dubbed. If it looks good I'll just find the subbed version instead.

I was really looking forward to seeing Stalingrad, rented it and settled down to watch it - it was fucking dubbed with no language/subtitles options. Absolute cunts. I watched it but didn't enjoy a second of it.

The only time I'll watch a dubbed film is with anime, as (apart from Akira) they're generally done well, especially the Studio Ghibli ones. I like concentrating on the visuals without the distraction of reading it, too.

_________________
http://cow.org/csi/


Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:43 pm
Profile
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:44 pm
Posts: 15990
Post Re: Things you fucking HATE!!!
Good sense being talked in this thread.

Steve wrote:
Loud people in the quiet carriage... bad grammar...

Solaris wrote:
football

wretched_metal wrote:
totally OTT public mourning...

Politicians who claim to stand for "family values"

Angry Mob Justice wrote:
People who say their religion is "Jedi". Throw yourself under a bus, cunt.

Solaris wrote:
People bending, nay, rolling the covers of books around the whole way. You're fucking ruining it!

It's almost as bad as putting CDs or DVDs in the wrong cases, or worse still: piling them up in no cases at all. Take them to the Tree Of Woe!

JCC wrote:
I am uncomfortable with all disrespect towards books. Pulling the cover back all the way, dog-earing the pages. Books should be treated with love and respect.

Clint Ruin wrote:
People having the TV or radio on in the background all the time even though they are not watching/listening.


wretched_metal wrote:
I hate salesmen calling to the door at tea time, and then getting the hump when you don't want to talk to them, making some sort of smart arse comment under their breath as they walk away. The last time I had no choice but to verbally tear him a new one.

This isn't really a hate, but it's definitely a frustration: People who complain about who comes to their front door. Simple answer: Don't answer the door unless you're expecting someone, and they've texted you to say "I'm outside".

_________________
Image


Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:12 am
Profile
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:28 am
Posts: 20765
Location: Éire
Post Re: Things you fucking HATE!!!
Shallowthing wrote:
wretched_metal wrote:
I hate salesmen calling to the door at tea time, and then getting the hump when you don't want to talk to them, making some sort of smart arse comment under their breath as they walk away. The last time I had no choice but to verbally tear him a new one.

This isn't really a hate, but it's definitely a frustration: People who complain about who comes to their front door. Simple answer: Don't answer the door unless you're expecting someone, and they've texted you to say "I'm outside".


Yeah, but my family live up the road and often call in unannounced. Besides which, its not that they are at the door, its the time they call, and their attitude when you aren't interested in what they are selling. I mean, I'm perfectly friendly about it, but they always have something to say, like you have insulted them.


Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:18 am
Profile
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:44 pm
Posts: 15990
Post Re: Things you fucking HATE!!!
wretched_metal wrote:
Yeah, but my family live up the road and often call in unannounced.

Nightmarish. Have you considered razor wire? Attack dogs? Land mines?

_________________
Image


Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:22 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 4037 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 202  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSN [Bot] and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.