www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - The "Things you really want to say, but can't" Thread.
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:46 pm



Reply to topic  [ 3453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173  Next
 The "Things you really want to say, but can't" Thread. 
Author Message
Climate Control
Climate Control
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 9:02 pm
Posts: 44939
Location: Béal Átha na Slua
Post Re: The "Things you really want to say, but can't" Thread.
Yep. Cops and nurses. Never crossed the threshold myself, I'm proud to say.

_________________
http://cow.org/csi/


Fri May 02, 2014 12:43 am
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:42 am
Posts: 9886
Post Re: The "Things you really want to say, but can't" Thread.
I'm sure it was because so many emigrant Paddies joined the police force. O' Malley was slang for cop also, hence the Cypress Hill lyric "gonna put a slug in Captain O' Malley".


Fri May 02, 2014 12:44 am
Profile
Climate Control
Climate Control
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 9:02 pm
Posts: 44939
Location: Béal Átha na Slua
Post Re: The "Things you really want to say, but can't" Thread.
We'll have to interpret the Offaly nurses' gutteral patois for him, though.

_________________
http://cow.org/csi/


Fri May 02, 2014 12:48 am
Profile
Climate Control
Climate Control
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 9:02 pm
Posts: 44939
Location: Béal Átha na Slua
Post Re: The "Things you really want to say, but can't" Thread.
:lol: Not a gowl shall be left unsullied.

I presume you've heard that Joe Joyce has called out Floyd Mayweather?

_________________
http://cow.org/csi/


Fri May 02, 2014 12:56 am
Profile
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:28 am
Posts: 20765
Location: Éire
Post Re: The "Things you really want to say, but can't" Thread.
Solaris wrote:
Not a gowl shall be left unsullied.


:lol:

Gowl is one of the best words ever. See also gee/geebag.


Fri May 02, 2014 4:10 am
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:23 pm
Posts: 5190
Post Re: The "Things you really want to say, but can't" Thread.
Please leave immediately and never come back. ever.


Fri May 02, 2014 6:34 am
Profile
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:28 am
Posts: 20765
Location: Éire
Post Re: The "Things you really want to say, but can't" Thread.
I didn't think gowl was that offensive...


Fri May 02, 2014 8:12 am
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:07 am
Posts: 5919
Post Re: The "Things you really want to say, but can't" Thread.
bás wrote:
I'm sure it was because so many emigrant Paddies joined the police force. O' Malley was slang for cop also, hence the Cypress Hill lyric "gonna put a slug in Captain O' Malley".


I assumed it was because there was/is a stereotype of Irish people drinking and/or fighting, the Yanks do seem to have this as well as the Brits, looking at US popular culture.


Fri May 02, 2014 9:25 am
Profile
Climate Control
Climate Control
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 9:02 pm
Posts: 44939
Location: Béal Átha na Slua
Post Re: The "Things you really want to say, but can't" Thread.
I've heard both, but I think it's something as basic as a play on 'patrol wagon'.

_________________
http://cow.org/csi/


Fri May 02, 2014 10:37 am
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:42 am
Posts: 9886
Post Re: The "Things you really want to say, but can't" Thread.
Oh like a Patty wagon? Happy St. Patty's Day, Sol!


Fri May 02, 2014 8:34 pm
Profile
Space Ranger
Space Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 7:44 pm
Posts: 2247
Post Re: The "Things you really want to say, but can't" Thread.
'TIRWTS,BC':

"So. Motorboat?"


Fri May 02, 2014 9:12 pm
Profile
Climate Control
Climate Control
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 9:02 pm
Posts: 44939
Location: Béal Átha na Slua
Post Re: The "Things you really want to say, but can't" Thread.
bás wrote:
Oh like a Patty wagon? Happy St. Patty's Day, Sol!

Image

_________________
http://cow.org/csi/


Fri May 02, 2014 9:58 pm
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:13 pm
Posts: 8755
Location: Norf
Post Re: The "Things you really want to say, but can't" Thread.
Told my girlfriend earlier that I won't be drinking at her sister's 40th on Saturday because basically I am so sick and tired of either her mother, her brother or our brother in law getting drunk and kicking off with each other or all and sundry. I just feel so uncomfortable around her family at social gatherings so it easier to stay sober and drive then I can make a quick getaway if needs be. She responded that I should have a drink and get a taxi home so I don't want to leave early. My response that it wasn't a lack of beer that made me want to leave it was usually boredom because her family get togethers drag on for hours wasn't a popular one.

I haven't entirely got to grips with the "things I really want to say but can't" ethos.


Tue May 27, 2014 8:39 pm
Profile
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:54 pm
Posts: 11256
Post Re: The "Things you really want to say, but can't" Thread.
Oh dear Turdy. How much trouble are you in?

I've done some clangers like that. One of my finest when drunk was "I don't even like seeing my own family, why would I want to spend the day with yours?"

That did not go down well!

_________________
http://sabaziusdoom.wordpress.com/

http://seabastard.bandcamp.com/

turdy wrote:
Great tits and slow as fuck doom are Cromwell's Raison d'être.


Wed May 28, 2014 2:15 am
Profile
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:28 am
Posts: 20765
Location: Éire
Post Re: The "Things you really want to say, but can't" Thread.
One of my worst drunken comments was when I was at a 30th birthday party, and I told a slightly older lady (I was early 20's at the time, she was maybe mid 30's) I thought she was beautiful, which seemed to go down well despite my sweaty drunk "charm", but I then followed it up with "I know everyone says your sister is the good looking one, but I think you are lovely"

Although truthfully, her sister is the good looking one (although "fit as fuck" is a more appropriate way to describe her) and I was just looking to get my end away.

Luckily there were always ladies of less discerning taste, who were also a drunken mess.


Wed May 28, 2014 4:29 am
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:07 am
Posts: 5919
Post Re: The "Things you really want to say, but can't" Thread.
turdy wrote:
Told my girlfriend earlier that I won't be drinking at her sister's 40th on Saturday because basically I am so sick and tired of either her mother, her brother or our brother in law getting drunk and kicking off with each other or all and sundry. I just feel so uncomfortable around her family at social gatherings so it easier to stay sober and drive then I can make a quick getaway if needs be. She responded that I should have a drink and get a taxi home so I don't want to leave early. My response that it wasn't a lack of beer that made me want to leave it was usually boredom because her family get togethers drag on for hours wasn't a popular one.

I haven't entirely got to grips with the "things I really want to say but can't" ethos.


If her family are that bad, I remember you mentioning these sorts of issues before, why can't you talk to her about it? I mean not "you're family are an alcoholic freakshow who are socially retarded and should be on Jeremy Kyle", just point out how unacceptable their behaviour is and how you would prefer not to be around them when they are drinking? Surely she's aware how outside the norm this is?


Wed May 28, 2014 10:55 am
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:42 am
Posts: 9886
Post Re: The "Things you really want to say, but can't" Thread.
Wouldn't it be easier to just get drunk, Turdy? It's the best way of coping with bad company.


Wed May 28, 2014 8:40 pm
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:13 pm
Posts: 8755
Location: Norf
Post Re: The "Things you really want to say, but can't" Thread.
Myrddin wrote:
turdy wrote:
Told my girlfriend earlier that I won't be drinking at her sister's 40th on Saturday because basically I am so sick and tired of either her mother, her brother or our brother in law getting drunk and kicking off with each other or all and sundry. I just feel so uncomfortable around her family at social gatherings so it easier to stay sober and drive then I can make a quick getaway if needs be. She responded that I should have a drink and get a taxi home so I don't want to leave early. My response that it wasn't a lack of beer that made me want to leave it was usually boredom because her family get togethers drag on for hours wasn't a popular one.

I haven't entirely got to grips with the "things I really want to say but can't" ethos.


If her family are that bad, I remember you mentioning these sorts of issues before, why can't you talk to her about it? I mean not "you're family are an alcoholic freakshow who are socially retarded and should be on Jeremy Kyle", just point out how unacceptable their behaviour is and how you would prefer not to be around them when they are drinking? Surely she's aware how outside the norm this is?


I think she took the pisshead family comments on the chin. The boredom comment seems (ironically) to have been the bad one.


Wed May 28, 2014 9:25 pm
Profile
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:22 pm
Posts: 17636
Location: Shakespeare Cuntry
Post Re: The "Things you really want to say, but can't" Thread.
SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!!
I couldn't give a fuck that you've read the books. You're watching the show in my house on my fucking sofa, sat fucking next to me and I've told you ten fucking times I DON'T FUCKING CARE what they've left out of the books or what they haven't got around to yet.
SHUT UP!!!






That's better.

_________________
Image


Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:57 pm
Profile WWW
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:28 am
Posts: 20765
Location: Éire
Post Re: The "Things you really want to say, but can't" Thread.
Your immaculately trimmed beard doesn't make you look thinner. You look like a really camp George Lucas. Also, your smugness is unwarranted, you are by far the least talented person here. I hope you get in my way, so I can hurt you.

Anyone who says "I'm a really witty guy, I'm not going to lie to you" or "I find your emotional centre of gravity and attack it" is a massive, massive cunt.


Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:41 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 3453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MSN [Bot] and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.