www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Android Phone User Thread
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Android Phone User Thread 
Lifer, Deather, Hesher, Whatever.

Post Re: Android Phone User Thread
I'm looking at this phone now:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-OPTIMUS-blac ... imus+4X+HD
Found it on another website for £250.

Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:16 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

It's very easy from a Blackberry. Either go to the photo, menu, send via facebook, or go to facebook status and select the photo icon. Voila. (Same via Twitter I found out today, too)

Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:48 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

That's how it is on Android devices too.

Photo > Share > Facebook = Picture gets dumped in a "Mobile Uploads" gallery and you have no say in the size or image quality.

Photo > Share > Friendcaster = You're allowed to choose which gallery the new image is uploaded to, and you can choose the size and resolution et cetera.

Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:37 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

HTC are shit.

Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:12 pm
Profile WWW
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Samsung Galaxy SIII or SIIII are the best phones on the market.

Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:21 pm
Profile WWW
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Termoid wrote:
SIIII

I laughed.

Samsung aren't very good, incidentally. HTC all the way.

Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:51 pm

I've got a LG Optimus 4XHD, I paid £250 for it a couple of months ago. It's been an excellent phone so far, the only things lacking compared to the Samsung Galaxy is that the battery and camera could be a bit better but both those are only minor niggles as far as i'm concerned and worth sacrificing to save £200+.

Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:52 pm

I've been trying to set my phone up so I can use Winamp to manage my music (on my laptop) and I keep running into problems, first it wouldn't recognise my phone and now it won't let me edit tags. What program does everyone else use? I've been trying to set it up to replace my old ipod but it's driving me fucking mad, i'm going to end up just buying another ipod classic and not bothering with music on my phone.

Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:43 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Sanity prevails! Good lad, Mo.

You can get the 160GB version here.

Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:38 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

You're welcome. I hope your new X7 serves you as long and as faithfully as my old D2 has me!

Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:58 pm

Mo Limits wrote:
I play to get a Cowon X7. 120gb but I think there is a 160gb version although I can't find it anywhere.

Drag and drop, none of the iTunes bullshit.

£60 more than the ipod and shit reviews put me off that. My previous ipod served me well for 5 years and I thought my phone with a large memory card would serve as my MP3 player but everything seems to be a pain in the hole such as tagging files and creating playlists is a lot more complicated.

Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:47 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

What's the iPod classic now, 160 GB? It was a choice between 80 and 120 when I bought mine, I got the 80 GB one, thinking it'd be enough. It probably is, but I find myself rotating music every time I charge/sync it. Filled it fairly quickly.

Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:03 pm

Mo Limits wrote:
It's only £18 quid dearer than the current version of the iPod classic.

The ipod classic is £169.99, the cowon is £218 on the website shallow posted but I would probably use amazon so it would be £239. I never had any trouble using the ipod classic, the only thing that is a pain in the arse is the inability to drag and drop, but that didn't bother me too much after a while, I used to manually manage my music so I could just drag new music into itunes.

@sol The current ipod is still only 160gb, the same as when I bought my previous one 5 years ago, I assume there is little demand for the higher capacity models now and they seem to be phasing them out.

Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:21 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

Higher than 160 GB, do you mean? I've never come across anything more than that. I assume the ubiquitous smartphone has killed the market for iPods and the like.

Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:52 pm

Solaris wrote:
Higher than 160 GB, do you mean? I've never come across anything more than that. I assume the ubiquitous smartphone has killed the market for iPods and the like.

I've never seen anything higher than 160GB but I think they could make one around 300GB if they wanted to but I don't think there is any demand for it and apple are all about making money.

Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:59 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

Indeed. I may pick up a 160 GB one before they disappear but I must say, that Cowon one looks a bit nice.

Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:00 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

It's good to see some facts being dealt on here for a change.

Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:57 am

The ipod is designed to be simple to use, my computer illiterate uncle has one and has never had trouble, in fact a down syndrome could work one. The inability to shuffle albums isn't great but it's not something i've ever had the desire to do, and I don't think I ever will. I think phones have more or less taken over from ipods now anyway, I have 74gb on my phone but arranging 10,000+ tracks without decent software is a nightmare.

Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:05 am

Mo Limits wrote:
Steven wrote:
The ipod is designed to be simple to use, my computer illiterate uncle has one and has never had trouble, in fact a down syndrome could work one. The inability to shuffle albums isn't great but it's not something i've ever had the desire to do, and I don't think I ever will. I think phones have more or less taken over from ipods now anyway, I have 74gb on my phone but arranging 10,000+ tracks without decent software is a nightmare.

Yet things that should be easy and straightforward to do aren't. My father does a crytpic crossword every day and yet he finds most technology impenetrable. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. Are you trying to suggest my assertion is wrong or that I am in fact mentally retarded?

"The iPod is designed to be simple to use?" What sort of sentence is that? Do you think programmers and designers sit down and throw out suggestions as it would be too simple of straightforward or intuitive when designing anything?

The inability to shuffle albums is fucking awful. I used this function almost every time I used both my creative players. Once you have this very useful function it is pretty darn hard to do without.

Some phones have decent DACs but quite a few don't. The Galaxy S3 has quite a poor one I hear actually. Music will always be an afterthought on phones. Phones that market themselves as "music phones" tend not to be great phones at the same time. Even if I had a phone with large capacity I'd still used a dedicated PMP as battery life is shit enough without having music draining it too.

I was saying that my uncle is usually completely useless with tech (he didn't know how to double click properly for long enough) but even he finds the ipod simple to use and that if you really struggle with the interface on an ipod you must be verging on retarded. There isn't anything easier to use as far as i'm concerned, especially compared to an android phone. The ipod certainly has it's flaws but i'm not fully convinced that the cowon is an viable alternative for me anyway.

Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:33 am

Mo Limits wrote:
Steven wrote:
I was saying that my uncle is usually completely useless with tech (he didn't know how to double click properly for long enough) but even he finds the ipod simple to use and that if you really struggle with the interface on an ipod you must be verging on retarded. There isn't anything easier to use as far as i'm concerned, especially compared to an android phone. The ipod certainly has it's flaws but i'm not fully convinced that the cowon is an viable alternative for me anyway.

I am making the point that you don't have to be retarded or having a learning disability to use an iPod and struggle to make it do what you'd like it to do as you have done in more simple and straightforward ways on other players.

How many other players have you used?

An android phone isn't a dedicated music player with a dedicated music user interface.

I don't care if you don't want it but putting forth the idea that the iPod classic is the easiest PMP to use and one must be retard to think otherwise makes you a real silly sausage.

The only other silmilar player I have used is a creative zen 30GB and I found it to be similar to the ipod in terms of ease of use, but it was broken after 18 months of light daily use.

I was just saying that I really don't see how you could struggle to find anything on an ipod tbh, i'm fairly sure I found every feature within 30 minutes of playing around with it.

A classic ipod has a lot of missing features compared to the cowon but that's what I like about it, I just want an mp3 player that can play my music and that's just about it, i'm not particularly interested in blutooth/FM radio and I certainly don't want a touch screen.

Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next