www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Android Phone User Thread
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Android Phone User Thread 
Lifer, Deather, Hesher, Whatever.
Lifer, Deather, Hesher, Whatever.

Post Re: Android Phone User Thread
Mo Limits wrote:
Steven wrote:
The only other silmilar player I have used is a creative zen 30GB and I found it to be similar to the ipod in terms of ease of use, but it was broken after 18 months of light daily use.

I was just saying that I really don't see how you could struggle to find anything on an ipod tbh, i'm fairly sure I found every feature within 30 minutes of playing around with it.

A classic ipod has a lot of missing features compared to the cowon but that's what I like about it, I just want an mp3 player that can play my music and that's just about it, i'm not particularly interested in blutooth/FM radio and I certainly don't want a touch screen.

I had a Zen Sleek 20gb and a Zen x-fi 2 which were both ok reliability wise. I don't really put much stock in these anecdotal life spans/build quality. I could google any player and find models that have worked for 6 years without a single problem and those that haven't powered up out of the box. Creative have gone to shit the last 3 or 4 years though. The hardware is still ok I think but the software they provide is fucking terrible.

It's not that I couldn't find what it could do it is that I thought it would do some obvious things and I spent ages hoping to find a way to do them. That or trying to do things that had been easy in other players were awkward and unwieldy in an iPod.

Bluetooth/FM radio isn't really much of a feature for me. The Zen X-fi 2 was touchscreen and although the screen was of a type that is less responsive I got used to it pretty quickly and the first fireware update helped a lot.

One the subject of touchscreens the iPod touch is a lovely bit of technology. it's a pity that Apple hamstring it with so many limitations. I've heard they are really good if you can jailbreak them.

To be fair i'd probably still have a creative if they could have kept up with the HD sizes that apple had on offer, my first 20GB ipod was a piece of shit and I said i'd never buy another but I saw how cheap they were when on holiday in Florida.
I've used an ipod touch I found it to be ok but nothing special, and I thought the same about the iphone, everything seems to be limited even compared to an andoid device.

Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:17 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Creative were shit. Their hardware was shit. Their software was shit. Their sound was shit.

Cowon > Sony > iRiver > Samsung >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Creative >>> Apple.

Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:28 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

I'm a complete luddite but I never had a problem with iPods. I've had mine for years now and it's still going strong. Why is shuffling albums even an issue? Morf you're turning this into a big heated debate.
It's silly.

Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:51 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Mo Limits wrote:

The inability to shuffle albums is fucking awful. I used this function almost every time I used both my creative players. Once you have this very useful function it is pretty darn hard to do without.

But ipods do let you shuffle albums but still play the songs in album order.

Menu, Settings, Click on Shuffle once and it goes to Shuffle Songs, click again and it goes to Shuffle albums.

Click Menu again, scroll back up to Music, press play and lo and behold it plays a random album and when it finishes, plays a second random album.

Just trialled this and it selected Metal Church 'The Dark' and then Bon Jovi 'New Jersey'.

Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:15 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

I can have a free upgrade in a couple of weeks, what's the best android phone knocking about on the market?

Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:51 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

I was thinking of the S4.

Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:00 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I'd go for the HTC One as well.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:56 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Depends what you use it for mainly in all honesty.
Being as I have an S4 I guess I am a little biased, but unless you are going to be using your phone to play music through the speakers on a regular basis, get an S4. Especially so if you use it to take photos, as HTC cameras are diabolical.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:50 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Just Mo wrote:
If I wanted to take good photos I'd buy/bring a long a camera though.

Why the need when you can streamline everything into one device now to a reasonable standard?
Same with the debate about dedicated MP3 players, really.

Also, a proper camera costs a lot of money, and takes up a lot of space and has to be carried around.

Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:00 am
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Apparently those new Huawei ones are worth a go too, if they even sell them over here.
I have 96GB of space on my mobile currently, which is basically the same size as the hard drive on the wife's old laptop I have just replaced. Puts it all into context a little.

Personally, I think the S4 is excellent for everything, and streamlining everything into one piece of equipment is so much easier now. Plus it comes bundled with an app which allows you to control ANY TV, set-top-box and DVD/Blu-ray player without fail. Excellent for when the wife is holding the remote and watching something shit.

Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:11 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Xes' Hairy Rectum wrote:
Why the need when you can streamline everything into one device now to a reasonable standard?
Same with the debate about dedicated MP3 players, really.

I've yet to come across any mobile phone with an onboard headphone amp as good as the one in my five year-old Cowon D2. Proper sound is one area where even top-of-the-line smartphones are still lagging behind. I wouldn't lose any sleep if the mobile phone industry ditched the inherently shit built-in speaker and used the space more wisely.

Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:23 am
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Xes' Hairy Rectum wrote:
Depends what you use it for mainly in all honesty.
Being as I have an S4 I guess I am a little biased, but unless you are going to be using your phone to play music through the speakers on a regular basis, get an S4. Especially so if you use it to take photos, as HTC cameras are diabolical.

I use my phone as an MP3 player more often than I use it for anything else, including phoning. I'll never use the speakers on a phone though.

What's internet like on the S4? It's not great on my HTC Sensation.

Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:38 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Great phone in every view and aspect (except the battery :? but what I expected from Android?)

Сool sound options, pics quality really well and photo editor on here is excellent too. I enjoyed my new mobile, and have no regrets what my new phone its not Nokia 515.

Common, give yourself a chance!
https://music.yandex.ru/users/lecter-zador/playlists/3

Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:22 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I recently made the mistake of upgrading to HTC Sense 5.0, and it changed a whole bunch of things I previously liked about my phone into things that piss me off. One of the most immediate aggravations is that it changed previously stylish icons into horrible shit ones almost as cartoony and childish as the ones that contributed to me dumping the Samsung SIII after a week.

On the plus side, it finally pushed me into finishing the Aliens-inspired customisation of my homescreen:

Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:37 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

At the suggestion of a graphic designer friend of mine, I abbreviated the text on the icons in order to make it larger:

Incidentally, the app which I used to create the icons is Simple Text. There are some obvious changes I would make in order to improve it, but it did the job and was well worth the 65p it cost to upgrade to the full version from the free one.

Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:54 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Has anyone got an Xperia Z1 they want to swap for a Galaxy S4?

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:22 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

What's wrong with the S4?

Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:30 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

If it's anything like the SIII, it's a horrible childish piece of flimsy plastic.

Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:44 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Shallowthing wrote:
If it's anything like the SIII, it's a horrible childish piece of flimsy plastic.

All smartphones are flimsy. The S4 is better on paper than the Z1, however I am interested in the better camera to be honest.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:41 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Xes' Hairy Rectum wrote:
Shallowthing wrote:

All smartphones are flimsy.

The sound of man who has never owned a top-end HTC.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next