www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Wrasslin'
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 25, 2020 3:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next
 Wrasslin' 
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Post Re: Wrasslin'
xBroskix wrote:
If anyone heel turns it'll be Orton, although I don't give a flying fuck about him, Sheamus or Big Show to be honest.

Orton's much better as a heel. Have ordered it, and will probably watch live.

Aye, no shits given about Sheamus or Show here.

Kane and Bryan to split today, too, but still think they'll win. Love #Ziggler but he's treading water at the moment. Big E to get pinned, Zig to finally cash in MITB.

Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:28 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Vince is laughing at everyone, has to be the worst Mania in living history!

http://letterboxd.com/cynical_boner/

Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:09 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

WRESTLEMANIA SPOILERS

xBroskix wrote:
Vince is laughing at everyone, has to be the worst Mania in living history!

Wow, have to agree. Such a let down. It had a decent undercard, if unspectacular until halfway. I was pleased to see The Shield pick up another win, would have been easy to have them lose and the Team Hell No and Y2J Fandango matches were enjoyable, but other than that Punk Taker was the real headlining match, but that's cos Punk is so good he could get a good match out of Khali if he had to. Swagger v Del Rio stunk the place out, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought Lesnar HHH was a let down. So boring.

And as for Rock/Cena... fuck me, quite possibly the worst "headline" WWE title match at a Mania since Hogan. Both of them did about 3 moves each all match, and it descended into finisher city farce with the crowd not even popping for kicking out of the finishers because it was so obvious. I was urging Cena to lay him out with the belt at the top of the ramp, which would have been the only way to save the event.

Crowd were flat after Punk/Taker, but then what was in front of them was hardly inspiring.

Well, back to D/Ling the PPV's for free a couple of days afterwards, for me, then.

Why don't they do fun stuff anymore? Where is the actual wrestling? Only Punk, Bryan and Ziggler do any. Where was the TLC match? Where are the backstage fun bits - the humour. There wasn't a single backstage bit, not that I can remember, and the whole event took itself way too seriously.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:32 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

On a good note, Raw last night was amazing. The crowd humming the Fandango theme song was so funny.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:01 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Brilliant crowd. Probably the best since Attitude kicked off. Why can't crowds be more like that that often!

Great show. Don't want to spoiler as don't know who's seen it, but there was some stuff happening that pleased me greatly.

Lol'd about the Fandango thing too.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:14 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Actually, Senor Eater, would you change the title of the thread to Wrasslin' (In Real Time - May Contain Spoilers) so people know. I know it's not a hot topic thread, but at least then those of us that do occasionally use can do so in the knowledge that any spoilers are flagged, and if we're not up to date will just stay out of it.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:25 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Fandango's theme is now in the top 20 of the Itunes chart :D

Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:35 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Fair play to Cena for giving it a push, too.

Wonder if that'll become a meme going forward at live shows or just one off. To be fair, that raucous crowd could just have made that guys career by doing that.

RAW SPOILERS

I don't know if there was supposed to so loud a cheer for Ryback meathooking Cena or if they were all supposed to boo.

Interesting to have Ryback lose to Henry but get the Cena run. They may not "turn" Cena, just get him to fight some of the good guys for a change.

I'm absolutely delighted with the outcome of Del Rio match. Hopefully they'll push the hell out of Ziggler as a champ and not make him do the cowardly heel can only win by DQ's etc approach.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Post Re: Wrasslin' (Jerry The King's Spoilers ahead)
Loved the huge roar for William Regal on Raw, but felt as always in UK it was Raw-lite in terms of content. Great football crowd though, gotta love a vocal crowd. They should do more 'big' things in the UK (in terms of story), but I guess the risk of spoilers getting out is too great these days with time difference.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:22 am
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

I'm giving up for now, I think. I'll watch Extreme Rules then I'm just going to watch the 'free' PPV's from then on. Am gonna cancel Sky Sports. Raw just bores the arse off me. I stopped watching Smackdown couple of months ago and not missing it. The shit to cool ratio is very high these days.

Sat May 11, 2013 8:46 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Iron Steev wrote:
I'm giving up for now, I think. I'll watch Extreme Rules then I'm just going to watch the 'free' PPV's from then on. Am gonna cancel Sky Sports. Raw just bores the arse off me. I stopped watching Smackdown couple of months ago and not missing it. The shit to cool ratio is very high these days.

I've got a mate who only watched the PPV's these days, he does however watch a stupid amount of the Indies like Chikara, PWG etc.

Sun May 12, 2013 9:03 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

From what little I've heard from friends who still keep in touch with it regularly, WWE has been downhill all the way since the end of the "Attitude era".

Mon May 13, 2013 1:57 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Ah, no, it definitely picked up again for a bit about 2/3 years ago and did threaten for a while to get "proper good" again. The Punk v Cena feud was exciting, Orton v Christian was excellent, Mark Henry's rise to dominance was well done and they had pay-per-views with some excellent matches - it seemed the "talent" was working hard to establish themselves and improve the quality. But now it seems they're either all getting a bit complacent, or they're not being given the storylines or opportunities to stay interesting.

I blame the writers, in the main.

They had a whole host of new younger stars all come through and look set to become the "new breed", but then WWE played hot potato with the belts, giving them all the world title for a couple of months each, and then dropped them down the order to replace them with one of the other new ones. Or Big Show.

And then they extended Raw to 3 hours but without increasing the amount of humour/backstage stuff that was always, always essential to keeping the show interesting for that length of time. Interviews/in ring mic-stuff (CM Punk aside) have regressed since the Attitude era, definitely, and are rarely interesting.

Anyway, maybe it's just me, but can't be arsed with 3 hours of raw (ok, an hour and a bit cos I play the matches on FFWD these days anyway and only watch the talky bits) every week any more.

Mon May 13, 2013 2:04 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

They do waste the potential of The Shield quite a bit.

And Fandango?? Nope.

Punk is the only thing worth watching WWE for in the main unless it's the attempted 22-0 match.

You, because i have always wondered what it would feel like to get run-over by a bus.

Mon May 13, 2013 10:23 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Iron Steev wrote:
Ah, no, it definitely picked up again for a bit about 2/3 years ago and did threaten for a while to get "proper good" again. The Punk v Cena feud was exciting, Orton v Christian was excellent, Mark Henry's rise to dominance was well done and they had pay-per-views with some excellent matches - it seemed the "talent" was working hard to establish themselves and improve the quality. But now it seems they're either all getting a bit complacent, or they're not being given the storylines or opportunities to stay interesting.

I blame the writers, in the main.

They had a whole host of new younger stars all come through and look set to become the "new breed", but then WWE played hot potato with the belts, giving them all the world title for a couple of months each, and then dropped them down the order to replace them with one of the other new ones. Or Big Show.

And then they extended Raw to 3 hours but without increasing the amount of humour/backstage stuff that was always, always essential to keeping the show interesting for that length of time. Interviews/in ring mic-stuff (CM Punk aside) have regressed since the Attitude era, definitely, and are rarely interesting.

Anyway, maybe it's just me, but can't be arsed with 3 hours of raw (ok, an hour and a bit cos I play the matches on FFWD these days anyway and only watch the talky bits) every week any more.

I haven't watched it since 2004. Watched if fairly steadily from 1999 till then. And then of course there were the teen years when I watched it from 1985 to 1987.

High lights for me in the 80's was when Roddy Rowdy Piper became a good guy.

Highlights for the early 2000's was all those crazy Tables Ladders & Chairs matches and those matches for that championship where there were not rules (trying to remember what it was called). And then of course there were all the sexy women, Trish, Victoria, and especially The Kat.

The main reason I stopped watching it was just because I didn't get the channel and didn't have neighboors that did anymore. Always curious to just jump in on it again to see if it might hold the same thrill again. Maybe I'll see if I can find one of those not too old pay per views on DVD in a bargain bin somewhere.

Tue May 14, 2013 5:43 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

The thing is, the Attitude era isn't coming back (and it shouldn't, it was a great time and place era) as long as WWE is a public limited company.

The writing is the main problem, in terms of ability the roster now is wrestler for wrestler probably stronger now than it was then. Going to 3 hours hasn't done Raw any favours.

I try and not to be too critical because the show isn't aimed at me anymore.

Fandango is great!

Tue May 14, 2013 7:21 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

What's funny is that I did a search on 'wrestling women strip' and my post in this thread came up.

Tue May 14, 2013 8:06 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I actually know a former stripper who gets paid to wrestle submissive men.

Cool story, bro.

Tue May 14, 2013 8:10 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

EATER OF CAKE wrote:
It's aimed at rednecks.

You could say the same about Metal....

Wed May 15, 2013 7:13 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

xBroskix wrote:
EATER OF CAKE wrote:
It's aimed at rednecks.

You could say the same about Metal....

Not at all!

Rednecks listen to country.

Metal is aimed at fuck up and nerds.

Wed May 15, 2013 10:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next