www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Your favourite horror movie (and sub genres)
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:32 am



Reply to topic  [ 729 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 37  Next
 Your favourite horror movie (and sub genres) 
Author Message
Climate Control
Climate Control
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 9:02 pm
Posts: 44936
Location: Béal Átha na Slua
Post Re: Your favourite horror movie (and sub genres)
Eh... yeah.

_________________
http://cow.org/csi/


Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:49 pm
Profile
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:54 pm
Posts: 11256
Post Re: Your favourite horror movie (and sub genres)
Solaris wrote:
I recorded the Friday The 13th remake the other night, any use? I've only seen the first and another (can't remember what one, possibly Jason X) of the originals, from what I gather this compresses the first four into one film.


It's pretty entertaining. It's its own film in its own right really. There are boobs and a couple of comedy deaths, and it's just it's own film rather than being a rehash of the first few. I rate it for what it is. It's miles better than the Elm Street or Texas Chainsaw reboots.

_________________
http://sabaziusdoom.wordpress.com/

http://seabastard.bandcamp.com/

turdy wrote:
Great tits and slow as fuck doom are Cromwell's Raison d'être.


Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:52 pm
Profile
Climate Control
Climate Control
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 9:02 pm
Posts: 44936
Location: Béal Átha na Slua
Post Re: Your favourite horror movie (and sub genres)
It couldn't be any worse than the Elm St. one, that's for sure. Haven't seen any of the TCM ones apart from the original, which was awful.

_________________
http://cow.org/csi/


Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:03 pm
Profile
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:23 pm
Posts: 21902
Post Re: Your favourite horror movie (and sub genres)
Tragic Idol wrote:
LincolnPark wrote:
Personally, I liked Sinister. I wouldn't say it was a classic but it was definitely worth a watch. Insidious? I thought it was drivel. I know some people who thought it was the best thing since sliced bread but after maybe the first 15 mins, its pointless.



You are kindly right. Certainly, most of criticism to his "remakes" based on "they are different from original". But Rob interested in inner and more modern side of it. As I am psychologist i prefer his works. I am also dark and pessimistic person)


Halloween films don't need psychology, particularly not the dime store psychology that Zombie came up with. What makes him scary is that he represents the unknown.

But if you are looking for psychology, the first Halloween has it all over Zombie's version anyway: it's about the return of the repressed. Which is what Murnau's classic Nosferatu is about too.

_________________
Image


Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:07 pm
Profile
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:54 pm
Posts: 11256
Post Re: Your favourite horror movie (and sub genres)
Solaris wrote:
Haven't seen any of the TCM ones apart from the original, which was awful.


Image

_________________
http://sabaziusdoom.wordpress.com/

http://seabastard.bandcamp.com/

turdy wrote:
Great tits and slow as fuck doom are Cromwell's Raison d'être.


Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:00 pm
Profile
Star Trooper
Star Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:53 am
Posts: 3281
Location: Ayrshire
Post Re: Your favourite horror movie (and sub genres)
Stat_Rad wrote:
Tragic Idol wrote:
LincolnPark wrote:
Personally, I liked Sinister. I wouldn't say it was a classic but it was definitely worth a watch. Insidious? I thought it was drivel. I know some people who thought it was the best thing since sliced bread but after maybe the first 15 mins, its pointless.



You are kindly right. Certainly, most of criticism to his "remakes" based on "they are different from original". But Rob interested in inner and more modern side of it. As I am psychologist i prefer his works. I am also dark and pessimistic person)


Halloween films don't need psychology, particularly not the dime store psychology that Zombie came up with. What makes him scary is that he represents the unknown.

But if you are looking for psychology, the first Halloween has it all over Zombie's version anyway: it's about the return of the repressed. Which is what Murnau's classic Nosferatu is about too.


Image

There's is much deep psychology in this abomination as there is your average Papa Roach song.


Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:22 pm
Profile
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:54 pm
Posts: 11256
Post Re: Your favourite horror movie (and sub genres)
I quite like the first Halloween remake, but the second one is arse. Even I think so, so it must be bad.

_________________
http://sabaziusdoom.wordpress.com/

http://seabastard.bandcamp.com/

turdy wrote:
Great tits and slow as fuck doom are Cromwell's Raison d'être.


Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:44 pm
Profile
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:22 pm
Posts: 17636
Location: Shakespeare Cuntry
Post Re: Your favourite horror movie (and sub genres)
Downloaded the Producer's Cut of the much maligned Halloween 6 earlier. Hope to get around to that sometime soon.

_________________
Image


Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:31 am
Profile WWW
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:54 pm
Posts: 11256
Post Re: Your favourite horror movie (and sub genres)
I just downloaded Zombeavers and Sharknado 1 and 2.

You'd best not be misleading me, Spiny.

Given how funny I found Hatchet, I'm fairly confident I can trust your taste.

_________________
http://sabaziusdoom.wordpress.com/

http://seabastard.bandcamp.com/

turdy wrote:
Great tits and slow as fuck doom are Cromwell's Raison d'être.


Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:51 am
Profile
Lifer, Deather, Hesher, Whatever.
Lifer, Deather, Hesher, Whatever.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:17 pm
Posts: 754
Location: England
Post Re: Your favourite horror movie (and sub genres)
With reference to Zombie's Halloween movies, I think some of you are confused between the words psychology and psychological. They don't mean the same thing. :D

I much prefer Carpenter's version but you have no idea about Michael's background and how he got to where he did. It's all down to what you look for from a horror movie. I would see Zombie's Halloween as a supplement to the original and never a replacement.

The latest Friday The 13th? Certainly not a remake and not one redeeming feature. It makes you think "Wow, this guy will go on to direct Saw 31".

_________________
I'm Batman!


Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:39 am
Profile
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:28 am
Posts: 20765
Location: Éire
Post Re: Your favourite horror movie (and sub genres)
LincolnPark wrote:
I much prefer Carpenter's version but you have no idea about Michael's background and how he got to where he did.


Who cares that much about his background or motivation? As Stat says, you get all you need to know from the original anyway, revealing too much and getting into his back story, certainly in the way Zombie did, actually takes away from the appeal of the character and the horror IMO.


Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:45 am
Profile
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:29 pm
Posts: 2031
Post Re: Your favourite horror movie (and sub genres)
The Wretch wrote:
Who cares that much about his background or motivation? As Stat says, you get all you need to know from the original anyway, revealing too much and getting into his back story, certainly in the way Zombie did, actually takes away from the appeal of the character and the horror IMO.


Image


Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:12 pm
Profile
Climate Control
Climate Control
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 9:02 pm
Posts: 44936
Location: Béal Átha na Slua
Post Re: Your favourite horror movie (and sub genres)
LincolnPark wrote:
The latest Friday The 13th? Certainly not a remake and not one redeeming feature. It makes you think "Wow, this guy will go on to direct Saw 31".

Watched it. Yeah, it's shit. By-the-numbers, nowadays goldfish-attention-spanned teenage bollocks. Even the tits were fake and uninteresting.

_________________
http://cow.org/csi/


Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:18 pm
Profile
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:54 pm
Posts: 11256
Post Re: Your favourite horror movie (and sub genres)
I'm watching Zombeavers.

The remake of Fri 13th is high art in comparison.

_________________
http://sabaziusdoom.wordpress.com/

http://seabastard.bandcamp.com/

turdy wrote:
Great tits and slow as fuck doom are Cromwell's Raison d'être.


Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:36 pm
Profile
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:54 pm
Posts: 11256
Post Re: Your favourite horror movie (and sub genres)
This film is brilliant!

Image

_________________
http://sabaziusdoom.wordpress.com/

http://seabastard.bandcamp.com/

turdy wrote:
Great tits and slow as fuck doom are Cromwell's Raison d'être.


Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:58 pm
Profile
Lifer, Deather, Hesher, Whatever.
Lifer, Deather, Hesher, Whatever.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:17 pm
Posts: 754
Location: England
Post Re: Your favourite horror movie (and sub genres)
Solaris wrote:
Watched it. Yeah, it's shit. By-the-numbers, nowadays goldfish-attention-spanned teenage bollocks. Even the tits were fake and uninteresting.


It was so bad they didn't make any more. That really is saying something.

_________________
I'm Batman!


Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:57 am
Profile
Star Trooper
Star Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:42 pm
Posts: 4656
Location: Russian Fed.
Post Re: Your favourite horror movie (and sub genres)
doomovertheworld wrote:
Image

:D :D :D

_________________
The Wretch wrote:
Just enjoy his posts as if they were the philosophical ramblings of a turpentine drinking hobo.


Common, give yourself a chance!
https://music.yandex.ru/users/lecter-zador/playlists/3


Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:21 am
Profile
Climate Control
Climate Control
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 9:02 pm
Posts: 44936
Location: Béal Átha na Slua
Post Re: Your favourite horror movie (and sub genres)
LincolnPark wrote:
Solaris wrote:
Watched it. Yeah, it's shit. By-the-numbers, nowadays goldfish-attention-spanned teenage bollocks. Even the tits were fake and uninteresting.

It was so bad they didn't make any more. That really is saying something.

There's one in development, from what I gather. Set in the eighties, so presumably a prequel/'origin' story or another 'reboot'.

_________________
http://cow.org/csi/


Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:47 am
Profile
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:23 pm
Posts: 21902
Post Re: Your favourite horror movie (and sub genres)
The original Friday The 13th is pretty shit too. I honestly don't think the remake is much worse. It's better mostly because of the old school atmosphere.

_________________
Image


Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:25 am
Profile
Climate Control
Climate Control
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 9:02 pm
Posts: 44936
Location: Béal Átha na Slua
Post Re: Your favourite horror movie (and sub genres)
Yeah, I thought the original was crap, hence not bothering with any of the sequels (the other one I saw I watched in a mate's house).

_________________
http://cow.org/csi/


Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:40 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 729 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 37  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.