www.Terrorizer.com
http://forum.terrorizer.com/

Your favourite horror movie (and sub genres)
http://forum.terrorizer.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3083
Page 36 of 37

Author:  Vim Fuego [ Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Your favourite horror movie (and sub genres)

I was just thinking about horror movies the other day, and realised I haven't found one which scared me since I watched The Exorcist when I was about 9.

I revisited a few a while back. Hellraiser was a damn sight worse than I remembered. The Haunting (1963) was quite atmospheric, but seemed to be more about madness than horror. The Abominable Dr. Phibes is wonderfully campy and dark humoured. The Legend Of Hell House scared me when I was a kid, but was disappointing to revisit as an adult. Phantasm basically set the template for all the later teen slasher/horror films, like Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street, and had a brilliant villain in the Tall Man. Municipal Waste sampled that film on one of their songs (don't know which one, because they all sound the same to me).

Author:  Solaris [ Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Your favourite horror movie (and sub genres)

Oooo...kaaaaaayyyy....


Author:  Blain Cooper [ Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:11 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Your favourite horror movie (and sub genres)

I LOLd.

Author:  Solaris [ Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:20 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Your favourite horror movie (and sub genres)

Double bill with:


Author:  Blain Cooper [ Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:23 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Your favourite horror movie (and sub genres)

Munn tits. Mmmmmmm

Author:  Solaris [ Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Your favourite horror movie (and sub genres)

Brief interview with John Carpenter:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/j ... een-834754

The only real news is that he's recording another album. This pleases me.

Author:  Tragic Idol [ Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:48 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Your favourite horror movie (and sub genres)

Vim Fuego wrote:
I was just thinking about horror movies the other day, and realised I haven't found one which scared me since I watched The Exorcist when I was about 9.

I revisited a few a while back. Hellraiser was a damn sight worse than I remembered. The Haunting (1963) was quite atmospheric, but seemed to be more about madness than horror. The Abominable Dr. Phibes is wonderfully campy and dark humoured. The Legend Of Hell House scared me when I was a kid, but was disappointing to revisit as an adult. Phantasm basically set the template for all the later teen slasher/horror films, like Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street, and had a brilliant villain in the Tall Man. Municipal Waste sampled that film on one of their songs (don't know which one, because they all sound the same to me).


Not much horrors are scared me too. Rob Zombie films can bring right mood, some psychological thrillers too. But thats it. BTW, lots of classic horror movies like an empty\shallow thing to me. I am not saying they are bad. 'Repulsion' is GREAT movie. Anyone watched this one?

Author:  Stat_Rad [ Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Your favourite horror movie (and sub genres)

Solaris wrote:
Brief interview with John Carpenter:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/j ... een-834754

The only real news is that he's recording another album. This pleases me.


Yeah, he is done as a film maker so he may as well keep churning out good music.

Author:  robitusson [ Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Your favourite horror movie (and sub genres)

I also enjoyed Ridley Scott's Alien from 1979.

Indeed, I found The Thing from 1980 enjoyable too.

Both are amusing motion pictures.

Author:  Solaris [ Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Your favourite horror movie (and sub genres)

Both are probably in my top ten (if I ever bothered to put one together). Top five horror, definitely.

Author:  Blain Cooper [ Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Your favourite horror movie (and sub genres)

Both are spambots though I reckon.

I like Some Kind Of Monster, it's horrific.

Author:  Solaris [ Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Your favourite horror movie (and sub genres)

You think? Believable posts but minor typos/grammar fails giving the game away?

Author:  Tragic Idol [ Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Your favourite horror movie (and sub genres)

Ridley Scott aso did Hannibal very well and Marsian isn't bad too :)

Author:  Solaris [ Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Your favourite horror movie (and sub genres)

OHFORFUCKSSAKE part 395: They've remade Martyrs for Hollywood. Under no circumstances watch the trailer if you haven't seen the original as they give the whole game away from the get go (which is why I didn't bother posting it). Take my word for it, it looks pretty bad.

Author:  Paris Chrome [ Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Your favourite horror movie (and sub genres)

LincolnPark wrote:
It Follows

Absolutely loved this. Everything about it is great. The story is a bit different to the usual. This keeps it interesting. The soundtrack is perfect. It sounds like a Dario Argento score mixed with some classic 80s horror movie.

I really liked the main character of the movie and I do think there is enough about this to have a sequel. Has anyone else seen it?



Definitely the creepiest film in ages.


..


If anybody picks any of them James Wan fillums (Saw, Insidious, The Conjuring) I'll punch them in the mouth...

The Conjuring?? Oh dear lord.....

Author:  robitusson [ Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Your favourite horror movie (and sub genres)

Solaris wrote:
OHFORFUCKSSAKE part 395: They've remade Martyrs for Hollywood.

:(

Author:  Tragic Idol [ Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Your favourite horror movie (and sub genres)

Solaris wrote:
OHFORFUCKSSAKE part 395: They've remade Martyrs for Hollywood. Under no circumstances watch the trailer if you haven't seen the original as they give the whole game away from the get go (which is why I didn't bother posting it). Take my word for it, it looks pretty bad.


I like original Martyrs very much. But like is wrong word. Hard film, but good one.

I still lovin Rob Zombie movies and remakes, so, maybe new Martyrs wouldn't be that bad. I want to see the trailer.

Trailer make me think what newer Martyrs like another movie and not remake, but you're right cos it is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martyrs_(2015_film)

I like the quotes in this article^ have you read?

Author:  Solaris [ Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Your favourite horror movie (and sub genres)

Yeah. Basically it sounds completely shit, and certainly looks it from the trailer.

Author:  Tragic Idol [ Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Your favourite horror movie (and sub genres)

Solaris wrote:
Yeah. Basically it sounds completely shit, and certainly looks it from the trailer.


Thats for sure!

Author:  Solaris [ Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Your favourite horror movie (and sub genres)



Interesting premise, if very Ring-derivitive. Looks a bit dodgy, though.

Page 36 of 37 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/