www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - The Gaming Thread
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58
 The Gaming Thread 
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Post Re: The Gaming Thread
Resident Evil 7.

There's been some debate online as to whether this should be classed as a 'Resident Evil' game because despite some of the puzzles being the place-the-animal-shaped-key-into-the-correct-shaped-lock from the first couple of games, there's not much else ifrom those games in there. No characters from the previous games, no Umbrella Corporation, no T-Virus and no zombies. Instead, we get a first-person survivial horror which owes more to the likes of Alien: Isolation and The Evil Within as opposed to the traditional RE games of yore, be they the surival horror with the tank controls or the 3rd person shooter games. The plot could also be from a Silent Hill game - you go to Buttfuck, Nowheresville after receiving an email from your wife who went missing three years ago.

I've played about two hours of the game - and it's really good. Whilst being an First Person perspective, it's a return to traditional surival horror where sometimes the best option is to run and hide due to the scarcity of ammo and also a small inventory has you deciding whether to choose between extra ammo or health. Aside from a fuck-ton of jump scares, it also gets an atmosphere built with the tnsion of not knowing what's around the corner. So whilst it doesn't have many of the famed traits from the series, it's still the best use of the 'Resident Evil' name since the 2002 Gamecube remake of the first game.

Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:53 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Been playing No Man's Sky. It's far from perfect, but I still like it a lot, and I think a lot of the criticism aimed at it is from people expecting a different sort of game. It does seem a bit like space Minecraft for adults sometimes, but I like the exploration aspects a lot.

Also got Goat Simulator. Funny as fuck!

I am Deth!!! Fukk You!!! 我死了!你他媽的!나는 죽음 이다! 엿 먹어 !私は死です!あなたをファック!أنا الموت! اللعنة عليك !Я - смерть! Пошел на хуй !איך בין טויט! באַרען איר!میں موت ہوں! تم بھاڑ میں جاؤ !Olen kuolema ! Haista vittu !Είμαι ο θάνατος ! Γαμήσου !Yr wyf marwolaeth ! Ffyc chi!Ek is die dood! Fok jou !मैं मृत्यु हूं! फक यू!

"Anyone who says a bad fuck is better than a good wank has obviously never had either." - my mate Anthony

Metalcore- parting morons from their money since ages ago.

Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:03 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Nioh.

Oh goody, another Dark Souls-esque game. Brilliant graphics and sound as well as a difficulty which whilst isn't as perverse as Bloodborne, does mean that your character will be dying often. Set in medievel Japan, you're a white guy called William who fights anything dead or alive...

Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:09 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Hatred.

Basically a more graphic version of Postal, except with clunkier controls. Not too bad, TBH.

Sun May 28, 2017 5:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58