www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - The Gaming Thread
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 1144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58  Next
 The Gaming Thread 
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Post Re: The Gaming Thread
The Evil Within.

Proof that the Resident Evil franchise could abandon the tank controls and it wouldn't affect the gameplay. Tbh, I'm having trouble on a certain bit that's fifteen minutes in but it seems ok and the reviews are generally positive towards this game.

EDIT: I've got past the awkward bit. The game itself is a throwback to when 'survival horror' meant fuck all ammo, ineffective firearms and an atmosphere enhanced by creepy visuals and sound. It seems special, albeit a lot of patience is required.

Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:00 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

From what I've noticed of it, (I own it but haven't actually played it yet) it's not a very good game at all.

Very slow clunky frame rates, poor graphics, and very boring gameplay with lots of just ambling along with injuries and not really that much to do.

In terms of gaming, I've been all over the Telltale Games series' at the moment; Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands, The Wolf Among Us and The Walking Dead primarily. The first season of The Walking Dead, regardless of the slightly cartoon-like graphics, drove me to tears. Can't say that many games engage you that emotionally anymore, which is something I'm glad Telltale have rectified.

Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:37 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Xes' Hairy Rectum wrote:
From what I've noticed of it, (I own it but haven't actually played it yet) it's not a very good game at all.

Very slow clunky frame rates, poor graphics, and very boring gameplay with lots of just ambling along with injuries and not really that much to do.

The main problem with the game itself is that it is extremely trial-and-error, which means your character will die quite a bit. This is both annoying because a) it ruins the flow of the game and b) it kills any atmosphere the game has spent time building up because by the tenth attempt at getting through the infested farmyard, it's no longer scary!

Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:45 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Resident Evil HD.

As the name implies, it's a "high definition" version of the first ever Resident Evil game. Well, the version which came out on Nintendo Gamecube. For those who never played the CG version, this means you get better graphics, better voice acting (although it's still a bit shit), better sound and a more fleshed out story with bits that were not there in the 1996 ps1 version.

It's fucking great.

Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:29 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Bloodborne.

You'll have read about how this game is hard - it is, but that's not the main bone of contention here. The main problem is the loading times and the lack of save points. Other than that, it's quite good.

Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:50 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Finally got a working Sega Saturn Emulator, so i will now lose some life to Shining Force 3.....again.

Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:05 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

I had a Sega Saturn once . . .

I had Tomb Raider on it . . .

Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:57 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Good system, but not many games for it.

Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:15 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Batman: Arkham Knight.

So far, all indications are this is the best Batman game ever. Mind, it's not without its flaws. Some of the "VR Challenges" are quite tough - which is fine but you get scant reward for completing them! The Batmobile makes an appearance and though the controls are a bit fiddly - and it handles like a shopping trolly on ice - it's lots of fun driving through the streets in it. The Riddler challenges involving the Batmobile are quite silly but the bits where it can turn into a tank are great. All in all, it's a top game.

Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:17 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

I recently managed to get a platinum trophy on PS3. Only took about 300 hours playing Skyrim...

I am Deth!!! Fukk You!!! 我死了!你他媽的!나는 죽음 이다! 엿 먹어 !私は死です!あなたをファック!أنا الموت! اللعنة عليك !Я - смерть! Пошел на хуй !איך בין טויט! באַרען איר!میں موت ہوں! تم بھاڑ میں جاؤ !Olen kuolema ! Haista vittu !Είμαι ο θάνατος ! Γαμήσου !Yr wyf marwolaeth ! Ffyc chi!Ek is die dood! Fok jou !मैं मृत्यु हूं! फक यू!

"Anyone who says a bad fuck is better than a good wank has obviously never had either." - my mate Anthony

Metalcore- parting morons from their money since ages ago.

Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:00 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Inspired by the "Best and Worst" thread in the MUSIC forum...

Grand Theft Auto.

Best: GTA:V
Worst: The first GTA but only because it's hideously dated.
Overrated: GTA:IV
Underfated: Liberty City Stories.

Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:18 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Triggmartyr wrote:

Grand Theft Auto.

Wrong.
Best: GTA: San Andreas
Worst: GTAIII
Overrated: GTA Vice City
Underrated: GTA London

I am Deth!!! Fukk You!!! 我死了!你他媽的!나는 죽음 이다! 엿 먹어 !私は死です!あなたをファック!أنا الموت! اللعنة عليك !Я - смерть! Пошел на хуй !איך בין טויט! באַרען איר!میں موت ہوں! تم بھاڑ میں جاؤ !Olen kuolema ! Haista vittu !Είμαι ο θάνατος ! Γαμήσου !Yr wyf marwolaeth ! Ffyc chi!Ek is die dood! Fok jou !मैं मृत्यु हूं! फक यू!

"Anyone who says a bad fuck is better than a good wank has obviously never had either." - my mate Anthony

Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:39 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Vim Fuego wrote:
Triggmartyr wrote:

Grand Theft Auto.

Wrong.

I always thought San Andreas shot itself in the foot with too big a story (it lulled when your character moved to the sticks) and pointless cameos of previous GTA characters - especially Catalina. Vice City was far more coherent hence why imo it was the best GTA of that generation.

Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:54 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Triggmartyr wrote:
Vim Fuego wrote:
Triggmartyr wrote:

Grand Theft Auto.

Wrong.

I always thought San Andreas shot itself in the foot with too big a story (it lulled when your character moved to the sticks) and pointless cameos of previous GTA characters - especially Catalina. Vice City was far more coherent hence why imo it was the best GTA of that generation.

I love the fact it covers three cities and the country and desert. Nothing beats blasting through the countryside on a motorbike and accidentally flying off a huge cliff. I never really cared too much about the stories, I'm more in to the free roaming aspects. Vice City was a huge improve on GTA3, especially the way it looks (probably looks better than San Andreas too) but it just got overhyped.

Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:02 am
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

I liked San Andreas, the whole green team vs purple team concept was fun.

Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:26 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Resident Evil.

Best: The Gamecube remake of the first one.
Worst: Resident Evil 6.
Underrated: Code Veronica.
Overrated: Resident Evil 4.

Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:01 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Resident Evil: Nemesis... "STARRRRS!" Loved the first three, then stopped buying them. Bought number five, and I don't like it. It was never about shooting masses of fucking zombies. If I wanted to shoot lots of something I'd play Medal Of Honor.

Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:00 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Vim Fuego wrote:
Resident Evil: Nemesis... "STARRRRS!" Loved the first three, then stopped buying them. Bought number five, and I don't like it. It was never about shooting masses of fucking zombies. If I wanted to shoot lots of something I'd play Medal Of Honor.

Medal Of Honor...there's a name I've not heard in a while. The first two were great!

Resi went downhill when they became action games.

Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:02 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Just finished South Park: The Stick Of Truth. Funniest game I've played since the Leisure Suit Larry days. Never, ever fart on another man's balls...

Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:51 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Vim Fuego wrote:
Just finished South Park: The Stick Of Truth. Funniest game I've played since the Leisure Suit Larry days. Never, ever fart on another man's balls...

Great game. Funnier than the last two series of SP - although they seem to be back on form this series.

Battlefield: Hardline.

Instead of army stuff, we're now playing cops and robbers. You're a cop framed for corruption and you have to clear your name.

I'm not that familiar with the Battlefield franchise, although I've played the third one (a buggy mess imo). This one plays out like something Dick Wolf wrote on a tea break. It looks good and giving it the look and feel of a TV show was a novel idea although the gameplay mechanics seem odd. The enemies all have laser precision aiming whereas you're like Michael J. Fox in a wind tunnel. The guns seem underpowered too. There are stealth sections but the novelty of these wears off (Dishonored proved that stealth in an FPS just doesn't work). Or maybe I just suck...

Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58  Next