www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - The Gaming Thread
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 58  Next
 The Gaming Thread 
Climate Control
Climate Control

Post Re: The Gaming Thread
Angry Mob Justice wrote:
Legacy Of Kain: Defiance

I was addicted to that for a while. Even though there's not much to it, I loved it.

Mon May 31, 2010 5:33 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

The gameplay is simple, but the storytelling is excellent!

Since the order of the world is governed by death, perhaps it is better for God that we should not believe in Him and struggle with all our strength against death, without raising our eyes to heaven and to His silence.

Mon May 31, 2010 5:35 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

There's a fuckload of other games in the series, isn't there? I have Soul Reaver II but never got into it.

I have to get the bits & bobs for my PS2 again. I had the controllers and leads in a bag with every other lead, cable and remote I owned. The bag disappeared when I last moved house. Fuckity fuck fuck indeed.

Mon May 31, 2010 5:42 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Solaris wrote:
There's a fuckload of other games in the series, isn't there? I have Soul Reaver II but never got into it.

I have to get the bits & bobs for my PS2 again. I had the controllers and leads in a bag with every other lead, cable and remote I owned. The bag disappeared when I last moved house. Fuckity fuck fuck indeed.

All you really need is Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, Soul Reaver 2, Blood Omen 2 and Defiance. But you can skip Blood Omen 2, but events in Defiance allow Blood Omen 2 to happen!

Good old time travelling. The voice acting in those games was top notch, first game series to really use proper voice actors.

Since the order of the world is governed by death, perhaps it is better for God that we should not believe in Him and struggle with all our strength against death, without raising our eyes to heaven and to His silence.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:04 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Shallowthing wrote:
The best game ever is Deus Ex.

The perfect game would have the depth of Deus Ex and the breadth Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

San Andreas' breadth was undermined by its silliness. I'm glad they went back to basics stealin' and shootin' in GTA IV. No jetpacks, tanks, Harrier jump jets, jumbo jets (which were far too big to land anywhere but the airports without blowing up), drivable trains or any of that stuff.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:37 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I just kind of think GTA4 was too serious for it's own good. The humour was still there but Niko wasn't that charismatic a main character.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:38 am
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Mega Man.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:00 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Angry Mob Justice wrote:
I just kind of think GTA4 was too serious for it's own good. The humour was still there but Niko wasn't that charismatic a main character.

I liked that return to the nameless faceless killer of top-down yore. Love interests, family disputes and all that stuff should stay out of GTA. It's all about the mercenary element for me.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:05 am
Fluffy Bunny Rabbit
Fluffy Bunny Rabbit

I find it mildly psychologically interesting that the more the characters are fleshed out in Rockstar games, the less likely I am to go on murderous rampages. As faceless top down GTA1-2 guy or Tommy Vercetti, I never had any compunction slaying people in their thousands, but as Niko Bellic or John Marston I instinctively steer clear of mindless violence, because the cut scenes paint them as relatively decent sorts. Whenever the need arises to hogtie a nun and leave her on the railroad tracks, the game is always saved first, so it doesn't count. Apart from the two poor souls who sacrificed their lives for my initial failure at the 'Shoot people's hats off' challenge.

Last edited by Benj on Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:48 am
I'm like that. In Fallout 3 I played it choosing all the naughty speech options and hardly making any effort, then played it again as a good person. I actually did better the first time.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:59 am
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

..Fallout..I miss you. I left it trying to play as neutral, with a 50/50 split on saving captives or shooting them in the head, then eating their flesh, all for a bonus on speechcraft.

Help. Am considering installing Morrowind and all the mods again.

Spore. Am far to brainlessly satisfied swimming about in the primordial ooze.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:47 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

This has been doing the rounds for a couple of days.

Pleasedon'tfuckthisup. Pleasedon'tfuckthisup. Pleasedon'tfuckthisup. Pleasedon'tfuckthisup.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:55 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Shallowthing wrote:
This has been doing the rounds for a couple of days.

Pleasedon'tfuckthisup. Pleasedon'tfuckthisup. Pleasedon'tfuckthisup. Pleasedon'tfuckthisup.

Let me know when this is out. Christian Bale as the lead voice too!

Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:40 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

It's slated for early 2011 at this stage.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:42 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I doubt they'll fuck it up but I doubt it will have the same vibes and feeling as the original Deus Ex. Just like how Fallout 3 is a damn good game, but it doesn't quite capture what made Fallout 1 and 2 magical.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:58 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Anyone got Super Mario Galaxy 2? Any good?

Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:48 pm
Fluffy Bunny Rabbit
Fluffy Bunny Rabbit

Yep, and of course it's good. At least as good as the first one, possibly a little bit better. Parts of it will make you want to punch a wall repeatedly and stamp on the controller, but it's so insanely fun you'll be back within five minutes for another go. If you have a spare controller.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:07 am
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Benj wrote:
Yep, and of course it's good. At least as good as the first one, possibly a little bit better. Parts of it will make you want to punch a wall repeatedly and stamp on the controller, but it's so insanely fun you'll be back within five minutes for another go. If you have a spare controller.

Heard it was better than the original. I'll pick it up at some point.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:19 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

Bought Mass Effect 1 off steam on the weekend for £3. Yet to play it properly yet - only got past the beginning cutscenes.

Any good?

You, because i have always wondered what it would feel like to get run-over by a bus.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:47 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

DCI Gene Hunt wrote:
Bought Mass Effect 1 off steam on the weekend for £3. Yet to play it properly yet - only got past the beginning cutscenes.

Any good?

Yes, quite!

Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 58  Next