www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Sports Thread
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 3913 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 196  Next
 Sports Thread 
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Post Re: Sports Thread
The England World Cup squad is pretty disheartening. Carragher hasn't had a good season, Ledley King is still only half a footballer and Wright-Phillips and Joe Cole don't even start for their clubs any more. And don't mention the fact there are 3 left-backs in the squad...

Conversely, Spain's is terrifying. There's not a single one of their midfielders who wouldn't walk into England's starting eleven. Their quality is underlined by the fact that they're probably going to be leaving Jesus Navas and Javi Martinez at home. Not sure why they've named 5 goalkeepers though.

Tue May 11, 2010 6:27 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

But Upson is in the squad, probably won't play, but him and Parker were easily our best players this season so nice to see.

Tue May 11, 2010 6:51 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Well Sri Lanka haven't set that much of a target but then this is England we're talking about. Please, please do not fuck it up

Thu May 13, 2010 6:05 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Steve wrote:
Conversely, Spain's is terrifying. Not sure why they've named 5 goalkeepers though.

We've barely named one.

Thu May 13, 2010 6:07 pm
Profile WWW
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Spiny Norman wrote:
Steve wrote:
Conversely, Spain's is terrifying. Not sure why they've named 5 goalkeepers though.

We've barely named one.

but allardyce is outraged, i mean OUTRAGED, that robinson wasn't picked

Thu May 13, 2010 6:10 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Kaylee and Rosie wrote:
Spiny Norman wrote:
Steve wrote:

We've barely named one.

but allardyce is outraged, i mean OUTRAGED, that robinson wasn't picked

Please excuse my language here but that man really is an appalling fucking cunt.

Thu May 13, 2010 6:11 pm
Profile WWW
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

He's a truly awful man, but he's quietly turning Blackburn into the sort of team Bolton were when he was manager. Route one football? Check. Real Madrid workhorse? Check. El-Hadji Diouf? Checkmate. Don't be surprised if they sneak into the Europa League next season. Be surprised if it's for fair play.

Thu May 13, 2010 6:26 pm
Fluffy Bunny Rabbit
Fluffy Bunny Rabbit

I may be the only person in the world who doesn't support Blackburn or Bolton, but likes and respects Sam Allardyce. Maybe it's the Watford fan in me, but I don't have anything against pragmatic managers who get their teams to play ugly, route one football, it's as valid as any of the beautiful, mesmerising stuff that Brazil or Arsenal play before hurling themselves to the ground clutching their faces when their shins have been clipped. He should have been England manager by now, but they're happier to hire mercenaries to do that job.

Meanwhile, did anyone else see the end of Cardiff - Leicester last night? Yann Kermorgant pissed away a potential £90 Million for his team by taking the worst penalty in the entire history of the world. There would have been more chance of him scoring a goal if he'd hit it over the crossbar.

Thu May 13, 2010 6:35 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

I used not to mind him, but when he ditched Bolton in favour of the big bucks of Newcastle I lost a lot of respect for him. He essentially built Bolton from the ground up, and got them into the top half on a shoestring with a mixture of unplayable tactics and astute transfers (Jay-Jay Okocha was an absolute revelation). I thought it was pretty disrespectful ditching his Bolton team for a flagging Newcastle squad just because that's where the money was. Wouldn't be surprised if he disappears to Spurs next time they have a meltdown and Levy sacks Redknapp.

Funny you mentioned Brazil, because under Dunga they're one of the dullest teams in the world. I understand the wisdom of playing two holding midfielders, but if one of your attacking midfielders is Elano then it's not exactly going to be non-stop action.

Thu May 13, 2010 6:51 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Kaylee and Rosie wrote:
Well Sri Lanka haven't set that much of a target but then this is England we're talking about. Please, please do not fuck it up

Looks like we're going to do it quite easily. And I'll be back home for the likely showdown with those aussie bastards ;)

Thu May 13, 2010 7:18 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

VICTORY in just 16 overs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thu May 13, 2010 7:30 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Kaylee and Rosie wrote:
VICTORY in just 16 overs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sweet. :D
I missed it because of the nippers. I'll grab the highlights later.

Thu May 13, 2010 7:37 pm
Profile WWW
Fluffy Bunny Rabbit
Fluffy Bunny Rabbit

Steve wrote:
I used not to mind him, but when he ditched Bolton in favour of the big bucks of Newcastle I lost a lot of respect for him. He essentially built Bolton from the ground up, and got them into the top half on a shoestring with a mixture of unplayable tactics and astute transfers (Jay-Jay Okocha was an absolute revelation). I thought it was pretty disrespectful ditching his Bolton team for a flagging Newcastle squad just because that's where the money was. Wouldn't be surprised if he disappears to Spurs next time they have a meltdown and Levy sacks Redknapp.

Funny you mentioned Brazil, because under Dunga they're one of the dullest teams in the world. I understand the wisdom of playing two holding midfielders, but if one of your attacking midfielders is Elano then it's not exactly going to be non-stop action.

Do Bolton fans even hold that against him? He'd taken them about as far as it was possible for anyone to take them without a major investment, and back through the mists of time in 2007, Newcastle had reasonable prospects of winning something.

And yeah, Brazil are dull now, but it was only eight years ago they were being praised to the skies while cheating so shamelessly they briefly turned me into a Turkey supporter.

Thu May 13, 2010 8:18 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Oh yeah, that shameless bit of Rivaldo cheating. I suppose karma's caught up with Rivaldo though as he now plays in that footballing hotbed Uzbekistan.

It's just occurred to me that Turkey are real tournament team. I remember that they hobbled through Euro 2008 with about 4 fully fit first-teamers and still got to the semi-finals courtesy of some absolute magic from Nihat.

Thu May 13, 2010 11:37 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Quick FA Cup prediction:

Chelsea 5 Pompey 0

Sat May 15, 2010 3:05 pm
Profile WWW
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

So far the woodwork's winning 3-0.

Sat May 15, 2010 3:38 pm
Profile WWW
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Spiny Norman wrote:

4-0.

Sat May 15, 2010 3:41 pm
Profile WWW
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Spiny Norman wrote:
Spiny Norman wrote:

4-0.

5-0

Sat May 15, 2010 3:43 pm
Profile WWW
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Pompey get a penalty and Cech saves.
Nobody wants to score!!

Sat May 15, 2010 4:17 pm
Profile WWW
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Cadel Evans rode a great race in the Giro today,he is turning into one of my favourite riders at the moment.

Sat May 15, 2010 10:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3913 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 196  Next