www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Losing Weight
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 569 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next
 Losing Weight 
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Post Re: Losing Weight
Lost 2 1/2 stone between December and April last year. Was going to the gym 3 times a week, and eating fairly sensibly (cut out snacks, fizzy drinks and too much bread, muesli or poached eggs for breakfast, soup or salad for lunch, full meal in the evening). Felt really good for it. The first 6 weeks, especially, the weight just fell off.

Then Mel went back to work after mat leave, I changed my hours of work so I do compressed hours and don't work Wednesdays as we can't afford child care, and suddenly all the time I had to go to the gym, or go for the odd run here and there, has gone. Am quite pleased in a way, as have only put 1/2 a stone of that back on over last 6 months (including wedding and honeymoon time!), but that does mean have sneaked back up to 15 1/2 stone now.

I've been saying it for years, if I could change my body clock it'd be fine. If I could actually get up early and go gym/cycle/run before work, it'd be fine, but my body doesn't work like that. I'm a night owl, and find it hard to go to sleep early. And I fucking hate early mornings!

Congrats all round, really! Well done Miranda, Wretch, Bas, Trigg and anyone else who is able to stick to it

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:08 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

I reckon I'll not be at the gym as often once Trigg Jnr is here. I'll be too tired lol

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:55 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

So the moral of the story is women and children cause weight gain for men. Being a childless bachelor I really have no excuse.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:38 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wow, those of you with resolve have done amazingly. Well done!

But I think that's part of the key: having made a decision at a deep emotional level to lose weight, I found it (initially anyway!) very easy to lose, it's that decision that's kept me focussed and running several times a week. Before I started this my BMI was 31 and I was in size 16 or even 18 clothes, and I could run about 400 meters before meeting an agonising death. At the moment, my BMI is a touch less than 25, which apparently is 'normal', I'm sitting here in size 12 jeans and my idea of a fab evening begins with a 5,5km run.

I found the MyFitnessPal app (www.MyFitnessPal.com) absolutely vital, even if you only want to dabble in a bit of dieting to see if you can make it work, it's a bloody fantastic way of managing your weight loss. If you sign up, you can follow me (as it's part social network) and bully me into doing more exercise, I'm registered there under 'mirandayardley'.

For running, I use the www.MapMyRun.com app which I've found very good, although it's not one of the exercise apps supported my the recent upgrade to MyFitnessPal.

I thought she looked like the head of the English department at a high school, though perhaps that says more about the school I went to than her..

Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:39 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

miranda wrote:
I'm sitting here in size 12 jeans .

Fabulous Miranda! They really accentuate your hips, elongate your legs and give great shape to your rear.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:48 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Bas is the new Infant, at least where female board members are concerned.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:14 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

bás wrote:
miranda wrote:
I'm sitting here in size 12 jeans .

Fabulous Miranda! They really accentuate your hips, elongate your legs and give great shape to your rear.

Are you standing behind me?!

I thought she looked like the head of the English department at a high school, though perhaps that says more about the school I went to than her..

Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:20 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

It's not a spud gun in his pocket.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:22 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Dreadful Dr Dee wrote:

Except he's not a prat. Nor did he used to be black, I presume.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:15 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

miranda wrote:

For running, I use the www.MapMyRun.com app which I've found very good,

It's really excellent. I always use that for making routes.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:23 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

The Wretch wrote:
Dreadful Dr Dee wrote:

Except he's not a prat. Nor did he used to be black, I presume.

Infant wasn't a prat he was a cunt.

Bas is neither, he is just a dirty old man.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:34 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

BMI is a load of shit. It doesn't take into muscle mass or natural build.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:59 pm
Fluffy Bunny Rabbit
Fluffy Bunny Rabbit

I set myself a target of doing a triathlon by the time Im 40, Im 36 now. I began this year at 13 stone and haven't dieted much but have exercised like a psychopath. My weight hasn't altered at all to be honest, but I've dropped 2 clothes sizes and have ham strings and shoulders that would pop eye green with envy.
:P

Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:22 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I lost three stone between February and September this year. I dropped all drinks except water, and made a spreadsheet to track my daily calorie intake and stuck to a limit.

I weigh less now than I did when I was eighteen. I fit into my leather trousers again too.

I'd rather do it through exercise than diet-watching, but that's not really possible. I've been slacking off since a good friend of mine returned from Japan, and while it hasn't bitten me on the arse again yet I need to get back on it.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:51 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Easy - I just didn't ever get fat. I don't see what all the fuss is about.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:58 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

I drink, but not really much compared to what others drink - 2 pints of ciders is enough to get me pretty drunk, but I usually stick to vodka & diet coke, or JD & diet coke (yeah, I know, diet coke = bad, but I live a healthy lifestyle otherwise. That little bit of aspartame is not going kill me). 2 or 3 JD & diet coke are more than enough for me when I go out too, and I drink water or diet coke between drinks. I've also got no problem not drinking when I go out or to gigs, happened a few times lately that I stuck to soda or not drinking anything at all - I don't *need* alcohol to have a good time.

I eat roughly every 2 hours small meals to keep the metabolism going, always with protein as it aids digestion. I don't drink anything 20 minutes before and after each meal, as fluids hinder digestion and make it sluggish.

I mainly eat oats, lots and lots of vegetables, fish, chicken, yoghurt, nuts, seeds, wholemeal wheat products, quinoa, brown rice and one fruit per day (you shouldn't eat too much fruit, and only in the morning/afternoon, never in the evening as it takes longer to digest).

I also don't eat anything 5 hours before I go to bed, I've done that actually since my teenage years. I haven't eaten red meat for over 10 years, simply because I don't like the texture.

I do indulge occasionally and I allow myself one treat a day - in form of ice cream, coffee with sugar or occasionally cake.

PS: oh yeah, and almost every meal I eat I've made myself from scratch. Bread, hummous, soup. I try to eat as little processed food as possible. SImply because it's cheaper and it's a more satisfying feeling to eat something you made yourself.

Destructive Music
Mørktår
Mørktår Bandcamp

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:06 pm
Profile WWW
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

I have been one of those annoying fuckers all my life were I can can eat what the fuck I like and never put weight on. However I was going to the gym 3 times a week for almost 10 years in total. At about the age of 35 however my metabolism started to let me down and at 36 I now have a paunch but still retain quite shapely arms and legs.

That is the gayest thing I have ever written.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:38 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Painkiller wrote:
Easy - I'm just a smug cunt

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:18 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Smug cunt > Fat cunt

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:20 pm