www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Losing Weight
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 569 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
 Losing Weight 
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Post Re: Losing Weight
Fun fact when asked what I wanted to be in Primary School it was "Paleontologist!" because I was obsessed with dinosaurs and prehistoric mammals. Then I got a Megadrive and wanted to draw and make stuff for videogames.

Was doomed to be a geek loser.

Since the order of the world is governed by death, perhaps it is better for God that we should not believe in Him and struggle with all our strength against death, without raising our eyes to heaven and to His silence.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:27 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

after reading the above posts i have just had a full cauliflower for my tea put a tiny bit of flora and a veg stock cube with it nice and full and less than 350 cals not bad for a Fast day .

Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:52 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

You will shit like a motherfucker after that.

Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:49 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Just because someone may fuck their Mother, their shit wouldn't be any different from anybody else's.

Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:01 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

I beat the 230 mark! When I started this I was around 245, so I'm making progress.

And Mo, you were kinda the inspiration for all this weight loss.

Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:56 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

:lol:

Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:43 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

To lose weight?

Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:17 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

What made you quit, out of curiosity?

Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:20 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

JCC wrote:
As of this morning I'm no longer a vegan, and while I'm currently enjoying comparing Mars to Snickers and discovering honey roasted ham there will unfortunately come a point where I have to eat healthily rather than scoffing junk food so could anyone give me direction on what foods are good for omnivores? I was vegan since I was 13 so I literally have no clue what's good and what's bad

Never, ever eat green M&Ms.

Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:11 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

gree, blue, red, they all end up the same colour in the end.

Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:13 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Magenta?

Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:15 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

brown

Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:16 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Racist.

Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:42 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Depends who's idea of clean eating you want to follow. I kind of follow a mixture of the Bulletproof, LeanGains and standard Paleo eating. I was already doing it anyway before I read any of them but I've just kinda amalgamated what works for me.

General rules of thumb: Grass-fed animals are good for you. Unsalted Grass-fed butter is not the satan its made out to be and animal fats are good in general.

I dont bother with Chicken Breasts as they're too expensive most of the time. Usually use a lot of lean steak mince, lamb and so on.

Essentially its just being smart with your food, farmers markets are gonna be your best place for cuts of meat (Better to get cuts and roast the whole thing or whatever your preferred method of cooking is then eat it throughout the week).

Venison and game foods are great. Eggs are grand, free range tend to be better but use what your budget allows.

Lots of cruciferous veggies. Cooked. Cabbage, spinnach, broccoli, kale.

Just avoid overly processed stuff. You'll be fine.

Since the order of the world is governed by death, perhaps it is better for God that we should not believe in Him and struggle with all our strength against death, without raising our eyes to heaven and to His silence.

Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:16 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I imagine it would be the dairy, but if you've been vegan for that long it might be because you're adapting to having to digest tougher foods again.

Grass-Fed is easier at farmers markets. I havn't been having it lately cause we don't have a farmers market near by but there is places you can order meat from on the net

http://www.greenpasturefarms.co.uk/

Fish is also great, frozen tends to be better. Also avoid farmed salmon if you can, but if you can find Sock-Eye Salmon that's the best, but other stuff is great too. Just don't be paranoid about it.

People tend to read these sorts of things get all caught up in the details and just forget that you can eat pretty good from the supermarket even if it's not the best stuff for you. Essentially as long as you're eating well, not bored of the food you eat then you're doing grand.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:50 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

The first time I was vegetarian lasted about five years, and when I quit I had terrible nausea and stomach cramps every time I ate meat for about a week. Your stomach re-adjusts to it.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:52 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

I seem to recall red meat being the worst, but to be honest it was ages ago, and I mostly only ate bacon anyway. I know a few people who've been veggie or vegan who had the same thing happen to them when they started eating meat again, so I think it's fairly common.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:23 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Yeah, the occasional times when I eat meat again my stomach is usually pretty unhappy about it.

http://seabastard.bandcamp.com/

turdy wrote:
Great tits and slow as fuck doom are Cromwell's Raison d'être.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:43 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

JCC wrote:
Painkiller wrote:
The first time I was vegetarian lasted about five years, and when I quit I had terrible nausea and stomach cramps every time I ate meat for about a week. Your stomach re-adjusts to it.

Ok that's reassuring in a bittersweet kind of way, were there any meats you found better or worse symptoms-wise? The lads wanna take me for a pub dinner tonight to introduce me back into the fold but between mixed grill and sticky ribs I'm struggling to think of anything which doesn't hold a high risk of shitting myself at the table

Play it safe and avoid the mixed grills, they're tough on the digestion even for a hardened protein devourer. I'd say go for something chicken based, or mince based.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:45 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I wouldn't worry too much JCC, it doesn't hurt that much, it's just uncomfortable, and it'll be brief shits just until the meat is out.

http://seabastard.bandcamp.com/

turdy wrote:
Great tits and slow as fuck doom are Cromwell's Raison d'être.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 569 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next