www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Losing Weight
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 569 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
 Losing Weight 
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Post Re: Losing Weight
Last time I went to the doctors I hopped on the auld scales, I'd put a few pounds on, but not as much as I thought. Enough to make me put a bit more effort in with the diet and exercise though. I want to be looking good in a new suit later in the year and early 2015, a few weddings and that coming up.

Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:30 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

I've just done my first 'Insanity' workout.

It was nails. I feel ill.

Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:21 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Just done another 5.5km. I thought I'd push it a little, try and knock a couple of minutes of my time. Did it in 36 minutes, which means I knocked 12 minutes of my last run. I'm knackered, but well chuffed.

Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:02 pm
Profile WWW
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

11 lbs in 3 weeks (5kg)

Lost, not gained.

Sun May 18, 2014 9:19 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

You change something up steevo?

Dropped soda this past week for the first time in several years. I just needed to cut back. I was ingesting way too much every day, so I'm going to confine myself to drinking it maybe a couple times a week. I was told I'd feel better and I do feel good, but the drop in caffeine has been noticeable. Feeling a bit tired, but as coffee is still on the menu, I'm not totally deprived.

Hitting the hot yoga and adding a bit more weight/reps to the regiment this week. Inspiration has struck.

Technique only exists to do justice to your potential

Sun May 18, 2014 9:29 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Few bits, Duckyboos. Bread and alcohol being the main absentees.

Just need to figure when/how can add in exercise into the routine.

Switched to muesli for brekkie, salads for lunch, being good about not snacking and cut out the regular glasses (bottle!) of wine during the week just at weekends.

I had piled a bit on since Christmas so just balancing it back out.

Sun May 18, 2014 9:33 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

Back on slimming world and joined gym, let's see how this goes, want to lose 4 st

Sun May 18, 2014 11:20 pm
Lifer, Deather, Hesher, Whatever.

I lost 5 stone at a one point, but I've since put it back on plus another 1.5 stone. Any advice for a pathologically lazy bastard with no will power? Abuse welcomed and expected.

NORTHERN DARKNESS is a printed quarterly Metal Magazine covering Black, Doom, Old School Death, Thrash, Heavy & Speed Metal. Interviews, reviews, a black metal cat comic strip and more... ISSUE 6 WILL BE OUT OCTOBER 1ST 2015 & IS AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER - THE FIRST 40 COPIES SOLD COME WITH A FREE PROMO COPY OF THE NEW DAWN OF CHAOS ALBUM!

http://northerndarknessprintzine.bigcartel.com

Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:32 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Stop eating shite?

Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:42 pm

WATP wrote:
Stop eating shite?

<< No will power ha ha

NORTHERN DARKNESS is a printed quarterly Metal Magazine covering Black, Doom, Old School Death, Thrash, Heavy & Speed Metal. Interviews, reviews, a black metal cat comic strip and more... ISSUE 6 WILL BE OUT OCTOBER 1ST 2015 & IS AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER - THE FIRST 40 COPIES SOLD COME WITH A FREE PROMO COPY OF THE NEW DAWN OF CHAOS ALBUM!

Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:28 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

Eat low-fat and low-sugar shite!

Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:38 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Have been doing the 5:2 diet and it works well. Have lost 10kg since February. (For those of you not up to metrics, 10kg is technically "a shitload".) Unfortunately, I've still got 10-15kg to go to be at the right weight for my height.

I am Deth!!! Fukk You!!! 我死了!你他媽的!나는 죽음 이다! 엿 먹어 !私は死です!あなたをファック!أنا الموت! اللعنة عليك !Я - смерть! Пошел на хуй !איך בין טויט! באַרען איר!میں موت ہوں! تم بھاڑ میں جاؤ !Olen kuolema ! Haista vittu !Είμαι ο θάνατος ! Γαμήσου !Yr wyf marwolaeth ! Ffyc chi!Ek is die dood! Fok jou !मैं मृत्यु हूं! फक यू!

"Anyone who says a bad fuck is better than a good wank has obviously never had either." - my mate Anthony

Metalcore- parting morons from their money since ages ago.

Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:51 pm

Vim Fuego wrote:
Have been doing the 5:2 diet and it works well. Have lost 10kg since February. (For those of you not up to metrics, 10kg is technically "a shitload".) Unfortunately, I've still got 10-15kg to go to be at the right weight for my height.

How does the diet work?

Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:27 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

TheOsirianPortal wrote:
Vim Fuego wrote:

How does the diet work?

Basically, you eat normally for five days of the week, and fast on the other two. You don't eat nothing, you just cut your calorie intake to about a quarter of normal. It doesn't need to be consecutive days. I usually have a light breakfast, just fruit and yoghurt, skip lunch, and have salad, fish, cheese, eggs, a few nuts etc. for tea, eating as few carbs as possible. You need to drink during the day obviously, so I drink heaps of tea and water, which helps stop ya being hungry.

I generally feel hungry for about half an hour in the middle of the day, and then it passes surprisingly quickly. I do have a physical job (dairy farming) which I reckon helps distract from feeling hungry anyway. If ya feel like pizza or fish and chips, you don't have to deny yourself completely. You just have it the next day.

My doctor had advised me to exercise every day, but after 10-12 hours on the farm you feel too fucked, and I wasn't losing much weight. I quit the exercising and started the diet, and the weight just started sliding off. It goes reasonably slowly (a kg or two per month), but you can be sure it's not just fluid loss. It's also flexible. If you need to go out for the night or you're not feeling too flash, just fast the next day. It works for me.

http://thefastdiet.co.uk/

I am Deth!!! Fukk You!!! 我死了!你他媽的!나는 죽음 이다! 엿 먹어 !私は死です!あなたをファック!أنا الموت! اللعنة عليك !Я - смерть! Пошел на хуй !איך בין טויט! באַרען איר!میں موت ہوں! تم بھاڑ میں جاؤ !Olen kuolema ! Haista vittu !Είμαι ο θάνατος ! Γαμήσου !Yr wyf marwolaeth ! Ffyc chi!Ek is die dood! Fok jou !मैं मृत्यु हूं! फक यू!

"Anyone who says a bad fuck is better than a good wank has obviously never had either." - my mate Anthony

Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:48 am

Vim Fuego wrote:
TheOsirianPortal wrote:
Vim Fuego wrote:

How does the diet work?

Basically, you eat normally for five days of the week, and fast on the other two. You don't eat nothing, you just cut your calorie intake to about a quarter of normal. It doesn't need to be consecutive days. I usually have a light breakfast, just fruit and yoghurt, skip lunch, and have salad, fish, cheese, eggs, a few nuts etc. for tea, eating as few carbs as possible. You need to drink during the day obviously, so I drink heaps of tea and water, which helps stop ya being hungry.

I generally feel hungry for about half an hour in the middle of the day, and then it passes surprisingly quickly. I do have a physical job (dairy farming) which I reckon helps distract from feeling hungry anyway. If ya feel like pizza or fish and chips, you don't have to deny yourself completely. You just have it the next day.

My doctor had advised me to exercise every day, but after 10-12 hours on the farm you feel too fucked, and I wasn't losing much weight. I quit the exercising and started the diet, and the weight just started sliding off. It goes reasonably slowly (a kg or two per month), but you can be sure it's not just fluid loss. It's also flexible. If you need to go out for the night or you're not feeling too flash, just fast the next day. It works for me.

http://thefastdiet.co.uk/

I might give that a go! Cheers
Does your doctor not class dairy farming as exercise? I would!

Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:58 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Well, my doctor is one of those super-fit little bastards who runs marathons and triathlons and shit. And I was actually putting on weight still doing the same job. It's pretty strenuous at this time of year, picking up calves and persuading heifers that milking them is a good thing to do.

There's a book on the diet, written by Michael Mosley. He's the BBC science guy. It's pretty cheap, short and easy to read. It gives ya more of an idea what it's all about.

Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:37 am

Vim Fuego wrote:
Well, my doctor is one of those super-fit little bastards who runs marathons and triathlons and shit. And I was actually putting on weight still doing the same job. It's pretty strenuous at this time of year, picking up calves and persuading heifers that milking them is a good thing to do.

There's a book on the diet, written by Michael Mosley. He's the BBC science guy. It's pretty cheap, short and easy to read. It gives ya more of an idea what it's all about.

Nice one, I'll have to look into that.

Screw him, not everyone can be marathon runners haha

Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:21 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Not into the whole fasting fad shite at all. If you want to lose weight just stop eating take aways, fried foods, fizzy drinks, biscuits, crisps and chocolate. Try adding in a bit of exercise and you'll be sorted. Fuck all this hardly eating for 2 days stuff. It's not hard.
You can still eat a decent amount as long as it's not full of sugar and fat.

Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:57 am

WATP wrote:
Not into the whole fasting fad shite at all. If you want to lose weight just stop eating take aways, fried foods, fizzy drinks, biscuits, crisps and chocolate. Try adding in a bit of exercise and you'll be sorted. Fuck all this hardly eating for 2 days stuff. It's not hard.
You can still eat a decent amount as long as it's not full of sugar and fat.

Aye, sugar is a tricky one though as a lot of stuff you wouldn't expect is crammed with it.

Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:34 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Never been into the whole intermittent fasting thing either.

Or even the paleo diet...

Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 569 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next