www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Losing Weight
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 569 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 29  Next
 Losing Weight 
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Post Re: Losing Weight
Necrolee wrote:
Yeah same with my gym, a lot of posing and walking around talking loudly on their mobile phones. They all look great though so they must do some exercise at some point, I never see them doing any though. It's quite annoying as I have been going to the gym regularly for about 6 years and I haven't lost any weight at all, I haven't put any on either though.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:19 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Sinmara wrote:
Your post didn't come across as ironic....

Well, yeah, you took one short, glib post out of a jokey exchange with someone I actually know (a bit) in real life, I can see why it didn't - but as Steev confirmed, it was pretty clear to the person who I was actually talking to.

No problem anyway, but next time if you're not sure you could try asking before chucking the insults around. Words on a page can be pretty hard to read intent in.

Back to the thread point, we've slacked off the gym the last week - finding time to go's getting harder as the term draws to a close. Aiming to catch up this week, though. Our gym seems to be a mix of "normal" people who are clearly just interested in getting fitter and the show-off preening types, and the two keep out of each other's way.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:48 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

FAT OFF!

Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:48 pm
Profile WWW
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Dreadful Dr Dee wrote:
Necrolee wrote:
Yeah same with my gym, a lot of posing and walking around talking loudly on their mobile phones. They all look great though so they must do some exercise at some point, I never see them doing any though. It's quite annoying as I have been going to the gym regularly for about 6 years and I haven't lost any weight at all, I haven't put any on either though.

It could also have to do with the massive pies I eat when I get back home.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:52 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

http://www.peteava.ro/id-677371-penn-an ... -1-obesity

Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:17 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Necrolee wrote:
Dreadful Dr Dee wrote:
Necrolee wrote:

It could also have to do with the massive pies I eat when I get back home.

Both those programmes are interesting, they explore why exercise seems to work better for some than others and the reasons why some people become obese. Yes, it's always down to eating more calories than you burn but there are complexities beyond that and not just "water retention" or people having "slow metabolisms"

Robit - I've found some of those Penn and Teller things quite funny but they seem to boil down to a fat, obnoxious guy being smug and reductionist, like a more entertaining but even more didactic Richard Dawkins.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:24 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Well if reductionism is your bugbear in that episode they're actually being a hell of a lot more specific and subtle than the fat = bad industry and its followers.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:31 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Painkiller wrote:
Our gym seems to be a mix of "normal" people who are clearly just interested in getting fitter and the show-off preening types, and the two keep out of each other's way.

Gym I go to is like this.

I've been once in 3 months. Work/childcare commitments get in the way of the gymming. I've started to put some back on, so need to do something about that

Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:42 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

I was at my gym earlier, only did 40 min cardio but half an hour biceps and 20 min abs. I'm pretty sure I got the times wrong but I was taking the advice of a gym-rat at work who reckons I need to beef up as I'm now too skinny.

Call it a comfort zone thing, but I prefer my usual workouts with the massive amounts of cardio. I'm never gonna get über-ripped at my age anyway.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:21 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

My arms and chest are fairly good at the minute, and my belly/love handles are shrinking slowly but surely, but that area on my sides, below the armpits is a fucking pain. Not much you can do about it other than overall weight loss I imagine.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:54 am
Climate Control
Climate Control

Same story as my flabby back.

You can't target these areas - only hard cardio will shift it, especially if it's the area of your body you're genetically disposed to store fat in.

You, because i have always wondered what it would feel like to get run-over by a bus.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:54 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Necrolee wrote:

It's what you eat rather than what you do. The weights for example sculpt the body but. Where as what you eat is where the biggest changes happen. You can have the best training regime in the world but if you don't fuel yourself correctly then it's all for nothing.

You're probably quite healthy if you go the gym often, being overweight or fat doesn't necessarily mean you're unhealthy if you're excerising often. Shape of the body is controlled by the food.

Since the order of the world is governed by death, perhaps it is better for God that we should not believe in Him and struggle with all our strength against death, without raising our eyes to heaven and to His silence.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:09 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

so if I eat large cucumbers will it sculpt a long willy for me?

Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:49 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I'd say you probably just need confidence boost rather than eating phallic shaped objects.

Since the order of the world is governed by death, perhaps it is better for God that we should not believe in Him and struggle with all our strength against death, without raising our eyes to heaven and to His silence.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:03 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Again, 40 minutes cardio today before 50 minutes on weights - shoulders and legs.

I upped the weight, lifting heavier than before. Felt good. Squats, deadlifts, glute bridges, all good stuff.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:07 pm
Fluffy Bunny Rabbit
Fluffy Bunny Rabbit

Since I've lost my car (in June i think) I've lost a stone and a half! eating healthy now and doing the occasional exercise too, it feels good! :)

Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:46 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

How do you lose a car?

Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:06 am
Profile WWW
Climate Control
Climate Control

You lost your fucking house on Skyrim so you can't talk, Termo.

You, because i have always wondered what it would feel like to get run-over by a bus.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:53 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

^ I laughed out loud.

Termy losing his house was one of the forum highlights of the year for me.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:48 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Dreadful Dr Dee wrote:
^ I laughed out loud.

So did I. Trigg and Green Man have nothing on Termoid.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 569 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 29  Next