www.Terrorizer.com
http://forum.terrorizer.com/

Facebook “Friends”
http://forum.terrorizer.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5245
Page 2 of 100

Author:  Triggmartyr [ Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Facebook “Friends”

oneleggedpunk wrote:
Dreadful Dr Dee wrote:
"they" want us to stop wearing our poppies.


Especially this cunt!

Image


I'm surprised his club let him get away with it. Then again, look who his manager is...

Author:  Solaris [ Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Facebook “Friends”

^
What's that all about, then? Needless to say, I don't know who he is or what he's been up to.

Author:  Triggmartyr [ Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Facebook “Friends”

Solaris wrote:
^
What's that all about, then? Needless to say, I don't know who he is or what he's been up to.


James McLean. Northern Irish-born footy player who switched to the Republic Of Ireland.

Refused to wear a poppy, probably as a protest.

Author:  Solaris [ Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Facebook “Friends”

Why would he wear one? He obviously considers himself Irish, the poppy is very much identified as a British affair so it's understandable that he wouldn't wear one. I wouldn't, in his position.

Author:  yailbloor [ Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Facebook “Friends”

Mate posted a suicide note on fb this afternoon, cue frantic phonecalls and a police hunt which found hime alive and well but having a breakdown (his dad died a couple of weeks ago and his relationship broke down shortly afterwards), and who updated his fb page to let most know? His 15 year old daughter.

Whilst relieved I'm so fucking angry with him, if you know what I mean,

Author:  Painkiller [ Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Facebook “Friends”

Solaris wrote:
He obviously considers himself Irish, the poppy is very much identified as a British affair so it's understandable that he wouldn't wear one. I wouldn't, in his position.


To me this is a massive misunderstanding of the what the Poppy is supposed to be about, but perhaps I lack the perspective to see what it really is. Certainly when I wear one I don't consider it to have anything to do with being British or with honouring dead British people specifically.

Author:  Solaris [ Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Facebook “Friends”

Maybe it's different over there, but that's how it's regarded here. Given the history between Britain and Ireland, I'm sure you can understand why. I'm not rying to open up the "800 years etc." can of worms (frankly, I haven't the energy) but I'm sure you get what the issue may be.

Author:  oneleggedpunk [ Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Facebook “Friends”

Solaris wrote:
Why would he wear one? He obviously considers himself Irish, the poppy is very much identified as a British affair so it's understandable that he wouldn't wear one. I wouldn't, in his position.


I understand he considers himself Irish and doesn't want to wear a poppy as it's a British thing, but i don't see him saying he doesn't want the British Pound though.

Author:  Solaris [ Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Facebook “Friends”

You're right, OLP. It's exactly the same thing.

Author:  Painkiller [ Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Facebook “Friends”

Solaris wrote:
Maybe it's different over there, but that's how it's regarded here. Given the history between Britain and Ireland, I'm sure you can understand why. I'm not rying to open up the "800 years etc." can of worms (frankly, I haven't the energy) but I'm sure you get what the issue may be.


This is what I mean when I say that I might not have the perspective. There are certainly plenty of people both British and non-British who see it that way, and I guess you could argue that if enough people see it that way then it becomes the case, but I'm going to stubbornly stick to the idea that several thousand people being wrong are still wrong.

Incidentally, I don't give two fucks if he wears one or not, but I think his reason for refusing it is based on a misunderstanding of what it means, albeit a popular one.

Author:  oneleggedpunk [ Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Facebook “Friends”

Shall we leave at that then?

Author:  Solaris [ Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Facebook “Friends”

Probably for the best.

Author:  oneleggedpunk [ Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Facebook “Friends”

Fuck Facebook!

Author:  hj864 [ Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Facebook “Friends”

yailbloor wrote:
Mate posted a suicide note on fb this afternoon, cue frantic phonecalls and a police hunt which found hime alive and well but having a breakdown (his dad died a couple of weeks ago and his relationship broke down shortly afterwards), and who updated his fb page to let most know? His 15 year old daughter.

Whilst relieved I'm so fucking angry with him, if you know what I mean,


I'm glad he's OK and sorry you had to go through that, not wanting to nitpick, if he's having a breakdown he is alive and not very well at all. Your anger is understandable of course.

Author:  yailbloor [ Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Facebook “Friends”

Dreadful Dr Dee wrote:
yailbloor wrote:
Mate posted a suicide note on fb this afternoon, cue frantic phonecalls and a police hunt which found hime alive and well but having a breakdown (his dad died a couple of weeks ago and his relationship broke down shortly afterwards), and who updated his fb page to let most know? His 15 year old daughter.

Whilst relieved I'm so fucking angry with him, if you know what I mean,


I'm glad he's OK and sorry you had to go through that, not wanting to nitpick, if he's having a breakdown he is alive and not very well at all. Your anger is understandable of course.

I just think he didnt need to put it on fb for the world and his kids to read.

Author:  hj864 [ Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Facebook “Friends”

Absolutely, he's not is his right mind though and clearly desperate.

Author:  andrew [ Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Facebook “Friends”

His choice its a free country fuck of poppy Nazis

Author:  yailbloor [ Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Facebook “Friends”

Dreadful Dr Dee wrote:
Absolutely, he's not is his right mind though and clearly desperate.

Yeah you are right here, i just hope the OD hasnt destroyed any of his organs.

Author:  Green Man [ Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Facebook “Friends”

Is facebook becoming less popular? Are less people using it and more people deleting their accounts?

Author:  robitusson [ Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Facebook “Friends”

andrew wrote:
His choice its a free country fuck of poppy Nazis

On the subject of which.....

http://www.warhistoryonline.com/feature ... ebook.html

Page 2 of 100 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/