www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Facebook “Friends”
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1987 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 100  Next
 Facebook “Friends” 
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Post Re: Facebook “Friends”
Drugs >>>>>>>>>>>> Smart Phones

Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:40 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Terrorizer forumites in being hilariously arse-backwards Luddites shocker.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:50 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

oneleggedpunk wrote:
Dreadful Dr Dee wrote:
oneleggedpunk wrote:
Iv'e had a smart phone and it isn't that fucking great, taking drugs on the other hand is.

You are too dumb for your smart phone.

Dumb i may be but i can always learn, but you will always be Welsh, no matter how middle class and sophisticated you try and be.

Yes, that's rather the point.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:53 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Smart Phone's are great. Only bad thing is the battery life. They're like a modern swiss army knife. Google Maps has been a life saver many a time when lost in places I havn't been too before. Torch app comes in handy too.

Since the order of the world is governed by death, perhaps it is better for God that we should not believe in Him and struggle with all our strength against death, without raising our eyes to heaven and to His silence.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:50 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

In case you lose Dee and don't want to spend money phoning him?

Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:41 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Tom Of The Wode wrote:
Smart Phone's are great. Only bad thing is the battery life.

Depends on the phone and how hard you cane it. With my HTC Desire HD, I could get eight to ten hours out of it on a normal day (more than enough), dropping to four or five if I was really working the screen (long journeys on bright days, for instance). With the new HTC One X+, on the other hand, I've found it lasting fifteen hours and only burning half its charge...

Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:19 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Shallowthing wrote:
Terrorizer forumites in being hilariously arse-backwards Luddites shocker.

Yeah, wanting extraneous, mind-streamlining shit in your life is real progressive and futuristic, like.

Shallow in "getting in wrong again" shockah.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:28 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

*Facepalm*

How far back in time are you taking things, Robi? Subsistence farming? Or is that too weak and false, and you're keeping it true by becoming a nomadic hunter-gatherer? Remember to breed in your early teens and die off before you hit twenty-five.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:35 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

So what are so fucking amazing about smart phones that make 'em so 'must have'?

To play music? I have 2 mp3 players.
To make calls and texts? I have a phone.
Take photos? I have never really taken photos but if i wanted to i'd buy a camera.
Use internet? When out i only ever want to know football scores which i can find out using my phone or i'll use the radio on my mp3 player.
Play games? My phone has them.
Maps? Plan your journey and if need be ask people.
Torch? Fuck off!
Gaydar? Just go to a gay pub/club or Hamstead Heath.

I think that covers it for me.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:48 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:55 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Painkiller wrote:
In case you lose Dee and don't want to spend money phoning him?

I'm not on Gaydar, that's like so mainstream.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:58 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

I use the Internet mostly at work and mostly for this forum. If my boss walks in I minimise the screren. Simple. If I'm doing this on a smart phone it's a lot more obvious. I've never needed an app in my life. I have fuck all acquaintances so rarely need a phone anyway and iPods satisfy my music needs.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:20 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I don't know why we need to make a reason for why they're one of the best tools ever. I dunno, maybe I just have more unpredictable days than you lot but if I'm out and a bout and I need to check the internet. I can just use 3G (4G soon hopefully), or go to a coffee shop with wi-fi and do whatever needs to be done. I like the ability to be able to respond to emails on the fly, sometimes they're really urgent.

Are they needed? Depends on what you do. For me they're a huge benefit, they're not a "meaningless stream of drivel" though, only if you let them become that. I rarely check my phone when I'm walking anywhere (Plus no one would mug it if it was out anyway it's an Android. No one wants to steal them).

Also OLP you talk like those are the only apps. I just said torch because I go on spontaneous walks a lot and sometimes it gets dark on Cannock Chase too quickly. But there's plenty of other useful apps. Internet Banking on the move is also a helpful one.

But really if you're already dead set against a smart phone, and your circle of contacts don't use the internet that much then you're not missing out. But getting irate because people like them? That to me just sounds like bitterness at the inability to keep up with technology and the modern world.

Since the order of the world is governed by death, perhaps it is better for God that we should not believe in Him and struggle with all our strength against death, without raising our eyes to heaven and to His silence.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:20 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Tom Of The Wode wrote:
I don't know why we need to make a reason for why they're one of the best tools ever. I dunno, maybe I just have more unpredictable days than you lot but if I'm out and a bout and I need to check the internet. I can just use 3G (4G soon hopefully), or go to a coffee shop with wi-fi and do whatever needs to be done. I like the ability to be able to respond to emails on the fly, sometimes they're really urgent.

Are they needed? Depends on what you do. For me they're a huge benefit, they're not a "meaningless stream of drivel" though, only if you let them become that. I rarely check my phone when I'm walking anywhere (Plus no one would mug it if it was out anyway it's an Android. No one wants to steal them).

Also OLP you talk like those are the only apps. I just said torch because I go on spontaneous walks a lot and sometimes it gets dark on Cannock Chase too quickly. But there's plenty of other useful apps. Internet Banking on the move is also a helpful one.

But really if you're already dead set against a smart phone, and your circle of contacts don't use the internet that much then you're not missing out. But getting irate because people like them? That to me just sounds like bitterness at the inability to keep up with technology and the modern world.

The torch thing was me taking the piss, and iv'e got more than enough technology and some of it is even from this century too.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:24 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Tom Of The Wode wrote:
But getting irate because people like them? That to me just sounds like bitterness at the inability to keep up with technology and the modern world.

Absolutely this.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:18 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

You just be an advertisers dream and subscribe to the "i must have it, it's so essential" bollocks, i'd rather be an old fart who doesn't care for your new fangled gubbins..

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:52 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Shallowthing wrote:
*Facepalm*

How far back in time are you taking things, Robi? Subsistence farming? Or is that too weak and false, and you're keeping it true by becoming a nomadic hunter-gatherer? Remember to breed in your early teens and die off before you hit twenty-five.

You don't understand i.e you're ignorant. You also choose to delude yourself. That makes you deluded and ignorant. :) If only they had technology to sort those things out for you. Oh well.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:53 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I'm sorry, are you calling me deluded and ignorant, or stating that using technology to enhance your life is deluded and ignorant?

oneleggedpunk wrote:
You just be an advertisers dream

Nightmare, deary. Nightmare.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:58 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

oneleggedpunk wrote:
You just be an advertisers dream and subscribe to the "i must have it, it's so essential" bollocks, i'd rather be an old fart who doesn't care for your new fangled gubbins..

Not really. I only got a smart phone because I was due an upgrade and the bonus to communication it added. Kinda became more than that really as it's proved itself more than worth it's money.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:05 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Iv'e had 2 so called smartphones and neither were life changing, so i'll stick with my silly little phone and that's that.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1987 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 100  Next