www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Film Thread MkV
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:57 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9979 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 491, 492, 493, 494, 495, 496, 497 ... 499  Next
 Film Thread MkV 
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Post Re: Film Thread MkV
WATP wrote:
Been looking for The Room for ages. Seen some of the classic clips on you tube but sadly don't think it's ever had a DVD or blu ray release.

http://www.amazon.com/Room-Tommy-Wiseau/dp/B000CFYAMC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1424682587&sr=8-1&keywords=The+Room+film

The Room has one thing in common with Plan 9 From Outer Space: it's bloody boring.

Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:10 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Watch it again. When you know what's coming and how bad it is, it becomes one of the funniest films you will ever see. I can't wait to watch it again.

Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:16 am
Profile WWW
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I laughed a few times, but I'm really over the whole 'so-bad-it's-good' thing when it comes to films. It's like laughing at a retard.

The biggest shock is that it cost 10 million to make.

Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:18 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Hot Tub Time Machine 2 bombed. No surprise there. I rewatched the first one yesterday and it's still quite funny. I can't imagine the sequel working nearly as well without Cusack, even with the considerable comedic presence of Corddry.

Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:11 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Fucking 'Hot Tub Time Machine', jesus fucking christ.

Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:09 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

The Wretch wrote:
Fucking 'Hot Tub Time Machine', jesus fucking christ.

Thank God for global warming, peak oil, economic collapse and WWIII with Russia.

On a lighter note, I saw and really liked Guardians of the Galaxy. I didn't think it was amazing or groundbreaking or anything but it reminded of the good old days (the 80s, possibly 90s) when massive budget, inherently silly films were fun and when there were actual characters with some form of motivation and background. As opposed to the pompous, po-faced gloom fests we have now. The trailer/s- I'm not sure if I saw one or two, did it a diservice, making it look like a pretty naff action comedy, the humour was comparatively sparingly used and was often there to undercut or heighten the "moving" bits.

4 fists, will quite happily watch the sequel(s), though I dare say there will all manner of shitty spin offs.

Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:38 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I didn't get the hype about Guardians. It was a pretty ordinary film with some contrived 'quirky' touches.

I gave it a 3.

Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:24 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

It's not amazing and it's nothing new, it just managed to avoid most of the mistakes most equivalent films make. Avengers was another example of this.

Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:22 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

I really, severely disliked the music element in "Guardians...". I wanted to like the film, and it's pretty good, but the music thing...it just ruined everything. I don't get the hype either. Much prefer the "Avengers".

Technique only exists to do justice to your potential

Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:01 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I liked both Avengers and Guardians, both fun films which didn't take to much brain power to watch.

Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:25 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

oneleggedpunk wrote:
I liked both Avengers and Guardians, both fun films which didn't take to much brain power to watch.

This, though the dancing about at the start of GOTG was incredibly irritating. And where did he get that tape deck?

Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:29 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

The dancing was a bit much and could have easily been cut. As for the tape deck I did think the same but then I thought if there are ships that fly around space being built a tape player would be a piece of piss.

Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:28 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

The room is good but it's no samurai cop

Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:08 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Watched Silent Running again last night.
5 Fists.

Even though they misspelt detonator as detornator on the bombs and after eight years space gardening, Bruce Dern forgets that plants need sunlight.
The silly sausage.

Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:13 am
Profile WWW
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

A Belfast Story. (Contains SPOILERS)

Colm Meany is a typically world weary detective whose been brought back to investigate a series of murders where the victims are all ex-IRA members. The top brass are nervous that these murders will restart The Troubles as things have pretty much calmed down, with the old terrorists either retiring gracefully or moving into mainstream politics. Or getting killed.

Aside from it being a story of the conflict between Catholics and Protestants, it tries to explore the differences between those who grew up during The Troubles and those who grew up in this new Belfast. Meany's young partner constantly complains that his "views are preventing him doing his job" and the secretary/PA to an IRA member-turned-politician losing her shit and asking "what do you stand for" when she finds out about his past. It's a good idea but it's handled a bit cack.

Anyhow, we find out Meany lost a daughter to a pipe-bomb explosion - the perp for that ends up dead after eating a poisoned fish supper. Seriously. And the perp who was committing the murders did so because...the IRA murdered his dad to get their hands on the petrol station he owned. Meany tries to tell his superiors this (he'd bugged their hideout) but they're not interested and actually mandatory retire him. In the end, the murders stop after the politician gets shot and everyone enjoys the new Belfast.

Whilst not as flamboyant and OTT as Resurrection Man, it's quite a slow movie. Colm Meany is as good as ever but he doesn't get much screen time and the supporting cast aren't as good. With a few refinements it could have been a great movie.

Two Fists.

Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:23 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Duckstyle wrote:
I really, severely disliked the music element in "Guardians...". I wanted to like the film, and it's pretty good, but the music thing...it just ruined everything. I don't get the hype either. Much prefer the "Avengers".

I still haven't seen The Avengers.

Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:25 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

I hit through and hour of guardians, didn't mind it but I've no desire to watch the rest.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:38 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

4 fists. Nazis were right cunts

Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:41 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

They wore some very smart uniforms though.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:43 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Hugo Boss gear

Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:56 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 9979 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 491, 492, 493, 494, 495, 496, 497 ... 499  Next