www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - I saw Kirk's chair
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:19 pm



Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 I saw Kirk's chair 
Author Message
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:23 pm
Posts: 5190
Post I saw Kirk's chair
So I went here:

Image

which is the EMP Museum in Seattle, and I got to stare at Kirk's actual chair from the original series for as long as I wanted. They're still washing my body print off the (now) bullet proof glass that surrounded it. If you picture me as a sort of chalk outline on the glass, that's about the size of it. I also got to see Uhura's uniform, Hick's helmet from Aliens, I got to see a face hugger, THE alien from Aliens, one of the silver balls used to drill into heads in Phantasm, Jason's mask and machete - all from the personal collection of Paul Allen, one of the founders of the museum. I saw the swords used by Inigo Montoya and the Count, along with the Count's six fingered glove. I saw Hendrix' guitar, the one he played at Monterey and then the a chunk of the one he set fire to on stage 'that time'. Guitars belonging to other people as well.

But back to what's important here, Kirk's chair - it was missing one of it's coloured light buttons and an entire panel on the right hand arm of the chair, but otherwise it's in very good shape. Paul Allen owns a lot of cool stuff. Tons of weapons used in various movies as well.


Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:03 am
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:23 pm
Posts: 5190
Post Re: I saw Kirk's chair
sigh - yes I saw countless, COUNTLESS beautiful Asian girls all over every street in Seattle. Dime a dozen, right along with all the strung out heroin junkies. If I wasn't stepping over one I was stepping over the other.


Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:11 am
Profile
Star Trooper
Star Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:34 pm
Posts: 2633
Post Re: I saw Kirk's chair
Image


????



I googled Kirk Hammet sitting down, but it seems he doesn't use chairs.


Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:58 am
Profile
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:22 pm
Posts: 17647
Location: Shakespeare Cuntry
Post Re: I saw Kirk's chair
lawnchair redux wrote:
which is the EMP Museum in Seattle, and I got to stare at Kirk's actual chair from the original series for as long as I wanted. They're still washing my body print off the (now) bullet proof glass that surrounded it. If you picture me as a sort of chalk outline on the glass, that's about the size of it. I also got to see Uhura's uniform, Hick's helmet from Aliens, I got to see a face hugger, THE alien from Aliens, one of the silver balls used to drill into heads in Phantasm, Jason's mask and machete - all from the personal collection of Paul Allen, one of the founders of the museum. I saw the swords used by Inigo Montoya and the Count, along with the Count's six fingered glove. I saw Hendrix' guitar, the one he played at Monterey and then the a chunk of the one he set fire to on stage 'that time'. Guitars belonging to other people as well.

But back to what's important here, Kirk's chair - it was missing one of it's coloured light buttons and an entire panel on the right hand arm of the chair, but otherwise it's in very good shape. Paul Allen owns a lot of cool stuff. Tons of weapons used in various movies as well.


I hate you.
A lot.


That is all.

_________________
Image


Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:22 am
Profile WWW
Space Ranger
Space Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:08 am
Posts: 2371
Post Re: I saw Kirk's chair
The Giger museum has the Alien from Alien (I think).

I also thought it was about kirk hammett...


Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:33 am
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:23 pm
Posts: 5190
Post Re: I saw Kirk's chair
Kizaki Jessica wrote:
The Giger museum has the Alien from Alien (I think).

I also thought it was about kirk hammett...


hmmm - well according to the card it was the alien....I need to do some research then regarding how many were made and perhaps I've got it mixed up. It didn't look like an alien from Aliens, but I have to admit that the amount of time I spent plastered to the glass in front of a chair was about 4 times the amount of time I spent with anything else in the exhibit. I could indeed be wrong. It could be a replica of the orignial alien or it didn't look evil enough to be from Aliens/I wasn't wearing my reading glasses when I read the card.

Also there's only one Kirk.

As an aside I also saw the dress Princess Buttercup wore when she was to get married but that was just a dress. Not an alien or a chair.


Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:31 pm
Profile
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:54 pm
Posts: 11256
Post Re: I saw Kirk's chair
Alien from Alien, or from Aliens?

There were more than one in Aliens, or do you mean the big fuck off female one at the end of the film?

This one is in Giger museum:

Image

_________________
http://sabaziusdoom.wordpress.com/

http://seabastard.bandcamp.com/

turdy wrote:
Great tits and slow as fuck doom are Cromwell's Raison d'être.


Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:40 pm
Profile
Climate Control
Climate Control
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 9:02 pm
Posts: 45058
Location: Béal Átha na Slua
Post Re: I saw Kirk's chair
^
Alien³, from the looks of it.


Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:43 pm
Profile
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:54 pm
Posts: 11256
Post Re: I saw Kirk's chair
Just looked it up, and I think the one in the museum is the Alien 3 design.

Edit, Sol is right I think.

_________________
http://sabaziusdoom.wordpress.com/

http://seabastard.bandcamp.com/

turdy wrote:
Great tits and slow as fuck doom are Cromwell's Raison d'être.


Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:44 pm
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:23 pm
Posts: 5190
Post Re: I saw Kirk's chair
I mean were multiple aliens created for the movie Alien - or did I see an alien from Aliens? I'd have to say in thinking harder about it that I must have seen one of the Aliens aliens. And I didn't even know there was a Giger museum so that's cool.


Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:45 pm
Profile
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:54 pm
Posts: 11256
Post Re: I saw Kirk's chair
If they've got Kirk's chair, there's no reason why they wouldn't have the original Alien alien.

I think in Alien they would have had various models for the various shots, rather than just one suit.

_________________
http://sabaziusdoom.wordpress.com/

http://seabastard.bandcamp.com/

turdy wrote:
Great tits and slow as fuck doom are Cromwell's Raison d'être.


Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:48 pm
Profile
Climate Control
Climate Control
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 9:02 pm
Posts: 45058
Location: Béal Átha na Slua
Post Re: I saw Kirk's chair
The one in Alien (I think there was only one suit, but multiple heads for different shots) had a smooth, translucent head, where the ones in Aliens had ridged heads:

Image

Image


Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:49 pm
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:23 pm
Posts: 5190
Post Re: I saw Kirk's chair
Cromwell wrote:
If they've got Kirk's chair, there's no reason why they wouldn't have the original Alien alien.

I think in Alien they would have had various models for the various shots, rather than just one suit.


Agreed. Makes more sense regarding cost.

It was stunning the things Paul Allen owns - I think many of the posters here would have run around like giddy school kids in there. That's what you can buy when you have more money than the average person.

@Sol - the head was smooth and shiny....although now I'm beginning to doubt myself

I took no pictures as is typical with me, which is clearly a problem because if I had I could put it here now and everyone could see what I saw. Fail.


Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:51 pm
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:23 pm
Posts: 5190
Post Re: I saw Kirk's chair
Go here - behind this stupid woman is what I saw:

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/LocationPhoto ... ngton.html


Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:56 pm
Profile
Super Trooper
Super Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:23 pm
Posts: 5190
Post Re: I saw Kirk's chair
I forgot to mention they've got a dalek there as well, complete with peeling gold foil. I'm not a Doctor Who fan but apparently it was some special type of dalek.


Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:02 pm
Profile
Climate Control
Climate Control
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 9:02 pm
Posts: 45058
Location: Béal Átha na Slua
Post Re: I saw Kirk's chair
lawnchair redux wrote:
Go here - behind this stupid woman is what I saw:

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/LocationPhoto ... ngton.html

yep, that's from Alien.


Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:08 pm
Profile
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:54 pm
Posts: 11256
Post Re: I saw Kirk's chair
lawnchair redux wrote:
I forgot to mention they've got a dalek there as well, complete with peeling gold foil. I'm not a Doctor Who fan but apparently it was some special type of dalek.


Daleks > aliens

Am'right, Chantler?!?

_________________
http://sabaziusdoom.wordpress.com/

http://seabastard.bandcamp.com/

turdy wrote:
Great tits and slow as fuck doom are Cromwell's Raison d'être.


Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:40 pm
Profile
Climate Control
Climate Control
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 9:02 pm
Posts: 45058
Location: Béal Átha na Slua
Post Re: I saw Kirk's chair
Rubbery cockheaded killing machines with ACID FOR FUCKING BLOOD > Dusty Bin with a plunger sticking out.


Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:38 pm
Profile
Space Ranger
Space Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:08 am
Posts: 2371
Post Re: I saw Kirk's chair
Giger museum has a couple of full size alien models. I thought one was from alien as it is in a glass cage and Looked like the prototype but i could be wrong


Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:33 pm
Profile
Star Trooper
Star Trooper
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:24 am
Posts: 3359
Location: forever in blue jeans
Post Re: I saw Kirk's chair
Spocks balls > kirks chair

_________________
waDaDa Dr Dee wrote:
At what point did you realise your tea was in a pint glass?


Stuff for sale :
http://www.discogs.com/seller/yailbloor


Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:00 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.