www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Alright guys
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Alright guys 
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Post Re: Alright guys
I regularly get called "posh". Whatever that means. I do live in a town that's like right bang in the middle between Stoke-On-Trent, Wolverhampton and Birmingham. It's quite incredible that we don't actually have some hideous accent.

We elongate the word "Likeeee" and "Vileeeee".

Since the order of the world is governed by death, perhaps it is better for God that we should not believe in Him and struggle with all our strength against death, without raising our eyes to heaven and to His silence.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:07 am
Gimp
Gimp

Ahh man, I'm already in stitches. Hey Tom...I've moved over into the world of hardcore apparel...bought a Malevolence sweater. Mainly cause it had 2 ak47s and the word Sheffield on it. The music is alright as well. I've changed.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:12 pm
Gimp
Gimp

oh and hey guys! Big love

Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:13 pm
Gimp
Gimp

fuck out

Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:12 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

How are things, Lee? What you up to these days, if I can ask?

Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:17 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

TOTW wrote:
I regularly get called "posh"... I do live in a town that's like right bang in the middle between Stoke-On-Trent, Wolverhampton and Birmingham. It's quite incredible that we don't actually have some hideous accent.

I also regularly get called "posh", and I grew up just north of Stoke-on-Trent, festering pit of despair that it is.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:17 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Wasn't Slash born there?

Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:06 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Born in Hampstead, lived in Stoke-on-Trent until he was five. Lemmy, however, was born there, before moving around other bits of The Potteries as a kid and then heading off to Anglesey at ten.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:55 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Lugzan_back wrote:
Ahh man, I'm already in stitches. Hey Tom...I've moved over into the world of hardcore apparel...bought a Malevolence sweater. Mainly cause it had 2 ak47s and the word Sheffield on it. The music is alright as well. I've changed.

My boys! The Malev guys are doing fucking great. Glad they're on Century Media too!

Since the order of the world is governed by death, perhaps it is better for God that we should not believe in Him and struggle with all our strength against death, without raising our eyes to heaven and to His silence.

Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:36 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Shallowthing wrote:
TOTW wrote:
I regularly get called "posh"... I do live in a town that's like right bang in the middle between Stoke-On-Trent, Wolverhampton and Birmingham. It's quite incredible that we don't actually have some hideous accent.

I also regularly get called "posh", and I grew up just north of Stoke-on-Trent, festering pit of despair that it is.

You can read though, that's posh around those parts.

By comparison, I grew up near Richmond, and having a philosophy degree is considered common and working class around there.

http://seabastard.bandcamp.com/

turdy wrote:
Great tits and slow as fuck doom are Cromwell's Raison d'être.

Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:14 am
Gimp
Gimp

TOTW wrote:
Lugzan_back wrote:

My boys! The Malev guys are doing fucking great. Glad they're on Century Media too!

Totally. Saw them at Ghostfest and thought they were the nuts.

@Ed - nothing much to be honest, fella. Took time out from writing altogether for a while. Taken up Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, which has quickly become my new love. Started to write a little, wrote my first cd review (Old Gods - Jeff Tuttle's crossover band) for the guys at Thrash Hits but, I doubt I'll ever be really that bothered, more of a sideline hobby rather than the eat, breathe, sleep hobby it was before. How are you, chap?

Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:49 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Glad you're doing a bit, you'd be a loss to the world of metal journalism if you disappeared altogether! Ha. I'm OK, still writing for Terrorizer and trying to keep up with the many line-up changes in the office since you left. Other than that I'm still doing my PhD, found out I've got funding from September so I'll be able to do that full-time instead of having to work several jobs too like I do at the moment. I can't bloody wait.

I've never heard of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Is that Capoeira? I thought Jiu Jitsu was Korean or something.

Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:44 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

A friend of mine was quite heavily involved in BJJ for a bit, trained under some famous guy whose name that I forget, and competed at a decently high level. From what I can make out, it involves two men in pyjamas simulating bumming each other very politely.

Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:39 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Painkiller wrote:
From what I can make out, it involves two men in pyjamas simulating bumming each other very politely.

:lol:

Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:41 pm
Profile WWW
Gimp
Gimp

Well, both bumming and grappling are similar sports...Jiu Jitsu is the latter, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu orginates from...well I won't insult your intelligence and it derives from the Japanese. The Brazilian version is newer and adapted more for ground control/street self defence... its popularity has been seen in the likes of the UFC/MMA world because of its effectiveness. Generally techniques centre around locking limbs and choking ultimately to submit/make the other person tap.
I'm loving it. It's like a game of chess sometimes, doesn't matter about the size of the opponent either. Also love the familial vibe to the club I'm a part of (Ricardo Da Silva Nova Forca).

@Ed: That sounds good mate. I haven't really kept up with what Terrorizer has been up to as I stepped out with the intention of just re-discovering music as just a fan again, leave the ego etc etc. However, old habits die hard. Thanks for the kind words though, buddy. Means a lot. Actually found a thread online today on some Rush forum all the people commented on my Rush interview saying it was really interesting. Not all was lost haha,.

Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2