www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Dog vs Cats
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Dog vs Cats 

Best pet?
Dogs 57%  57%  [ 12 ]
Cats 43%  43%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 21

Dog vs Cats 
Lifer, Deather, Hesher, Whatever.
Lifer, Deather, Hesher, Whatever.

Post Re: Dog vs Cats
Solaris wrote:

Speaking of overreactions, what sickens me is the banning and/or automatic putting down of dogs simply based on their breed, regardless of whether they've actually done anything. As a few rescue charities say on their posters/flyers, "punish the deed, not the breed".

In a lot of those cases, it's the owners who need putting down, not the dogs. Whenever I've read any of those "dog savages child" stories, it's always fighting dogs that get let loose.

Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:43 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

lawnchair redux wrote:
putting down dogs based on breed alone is disgusting.

Racism, innit.

Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:44 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Don't we all just miss bear baiting? Ah, those were the good old days - when you could toss several starving and abused dogs into a pit with a starving and abused bear and bet on who would still be alive at the end.

Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:46 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Fuck that, only the Circus Maximus was real

Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:47 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

The Golden Fang wrote:
Are some breeds not killing machines though? Selective breeding does this and it only takes a few generations, as does docility. I'm very, very wary of rottweilers and dobermanns, though I've never known anyone who owns one. I know staffies have a similar if less extreme rep, various friends and family members have had them and they actually reminded me of labradors in temperament.

Again, it's down to treatment as much as, if not more than, breeding. I've never heard of a problem with a Dobermann, but I must admit to hearing about someone being attacked by a Rottweiler (knowing the family, I've no doubt that they treated it like dirt and can only lament the fact that the cunt survived while the dog was killed). Staffs were bred as bulldogs originally, hence their powerful neck and jaw muscles, but their temperament is quite a friendly one around people and, as I mentioned above, children in particular. It's around other dogs that you have to be wary, they're quite territorial and if they do get into it, can do serious damage due to their strength. In general, though, they're big, floppy, clumsy, gobshites.

The problem where breeding is concerned is that dogs were bred for their appearance as much as any other trait, to the detriment of their other qualities. Fucktonnes of inbreeding to create and cultivate particular coats, shapes, sizes etc. So-called 'toy' dogs are notoriously vicous and the breed I've heard the most horror stories about it Dalmations, believe it or not.

At the end of the day, the responsibility's the owner's. It's up to them to make sure the dog's sufficiently restrained and trained so as not to be a menace.

Faggotpassword wrote:
Solaris wrote:

Speaking of overreactions, what sickens me is the banning and/or automatic putting down of dogs simply based on their breed, regardless of whether they've actually done anything. As a few rescue charities say on their posters/flyers, "punish the deed, not the breed".

In a lot of those cases, it's the owners who need putting down, not the dogs. Whenever I've read any of those "dog savages child" stories, it's always fighting dogs that get let loose.

Word.

Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:53 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

So we all agree then that cats are better?

Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:59 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:01 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

hahahah that's a brilliant pic. Little yappy dogs are horrible creatures, created by satan.

Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:03 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

They are. I saw an orange tart out walking a Chihuahua the other day, in the whole designer-leggings-massive-legwarmers-huge-sunglasses(on an overcast day)-and-€200-runners-that-will-be-worn-twice outfit the other day, I wasn't sure whether to laugh, be annoyed or kick her into the next county.

Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:06 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Hopefully you did all three. I was bitten once by a Chihuahua - the only time I've been bitten by a dog in my life. Nasty little shits.

Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:08 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

First 2 only. At least the dog got a walk.

And her Chihuahua hurr!

Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:18 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

The Golden Fang wrote:
I'm very, very wary of rottweilers and dobermanns

I have seen a fifteen-stone rottweiler reduced to a crying, mewling, physically grovelling wreck by an elderly Irish setter (God, I miss that dog) and a flatcoat retriever puppy (and the stupidest dog I have ever met) which just stood there and stared at it until it caved in.

Clint Ruin wrote:
I was bitten as a child by dogs on three occasions and I was doing nothing...

... that you were aware of. Those dogs clearly disagreed, and I find the fact that it happened more than once suggestive.

I have never in my entire life, not once, been bitten by a dog. I have known a lot of dogs. I've played with tiny puppies, I've nursed sick old hounds, I've kept an injured and bleeding dog's wounds clean whilst waiting for the emergency vet to arrive. I've lost count of the number of times I've slept curled up with one of the extended family's assorted canines.

Dogs are brilliant. Except those aforementioned hideous little rat-dogs. And pugs.

Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:30 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

If no dog has ever bitten someone with asperger's this means that no dogs ever bit anyone ever.

Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:36 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

I think the Akita dog was bred for hunting, and that Chinese dog with a face that looks like noodles, that was a hunting dog too.

Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:05 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

Triggmartyr wrote:
I think the Akita dog was bred for hunting, and that Chinese dog with a face that looks like noodles, that was a hunting dog too.

:?:

Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:34 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Carlos Danger wrote:
Shallow in completely unrealistic assertion shocker. More at 10.

You wouldnt bite someone if they were just about to give you the rimming and blowing of your life- now would you?

Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:48 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

MY LOVE FOR ANIMALS IS ONE OF PURE AND INNOCENT JOY.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:20 am
Opinionated Loudmouth. Perkele!
Opinionated Loudmouth. Perkele!

Wow...a lot of replies since my last post.

Anyway, a Dogs vs Cats poll is like a Painkiller (dogs) vs Spiceworld (cats) poll.

The Golden Fang wrote:
Are you one of those people on Pet Rescue with a house overrun with animals?

Pretty much. Although I have never had more than five animals at a time. Right now I have two dogs and two cats. All of them rescues.

Killing dogs based on their breed is the perfect example of everything that is fucked up with humankind. Child abuse is repulsive beyond measure, but at least most people hate it. Killing dogs based on their breed, however, is sanctioned by the government. Evil beyond words. Just utterly sickening. Fucking abhorrent.

There are no dangerous dogs...anywhere, never. Just stupid, uninformed people.
I have never understood what people are thinking when they say that dogs are dangerous. If you lived in a world that is not designed for you, if you had to comply with rules you don't understand and that are always against you. If you lived in a house in which the other inhabitants do not have the slightest clue of why you are the way you are and simply do not care but somehow expect you to behave in a way that is not natural for you...wouldn't you explode and revolt?
I think that the fact that there are not far, far more deaths by dog attacks speaks volumes about how amazing dogs are.

I've always thought that just like you need to go through driving lessons and get a license to drive, people should go through the same to have a pet.

Finally, in 100% of the cases in which a dog attacks a person, the blame falls upon a human being, not necessarily the victim. But making the dog "responsible" and, worse yet, "punishing" him is not just retarded, but downright depraved.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:17 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Shallowthing wrote:

Clint Ruin wrote:
I was bitten as a child by dogs on three occasions and I was doing nothing...

... that you were aware of. Those dogs clearly disagreed, and I find the fact that it happened more than once suggestive.

Because you know me as I am and as I was so well, clearly. Enough to snidily insinuate that I'm lying, as well. Don't think I'm going to overlook this.

Lubberly wubbeley cootise wootsie doggie woggies couldn't possibly do anything of their own volition.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:29 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

debris wrote:
Wow...a lot of replies since my last post.

Anyway, a Dogs vs Cats poll is like a Painkiller (dogs) vs Spiceworld (cats) poll.

The Golden Fang wrote:
Are you one of those people on Pet Rescue with a house overrun with animals?

Pretty much. Although I have never had more than five animals at a time. Right now I have two dogs and two cats. All of them rescues.

Killing dogs based on their breed is the perfect example of everything that is fucked up with humankind. Child abuse is repulsive beyond measure, but at least most people hate it. Killing dogs based on their breed, however, is sanctioned by the government. Evil beyond words. Just utterly sickening. Fucking abhorrent.

There are no dangerous dogs...anywhere, never. Just stupid, uninformed people.
I have never understood what people are thinking when they say that dogs are dangerous. If you lived in a world that is not designed for you, if you had to comply with rules you don't understand and that are always against you. If you lived in a house in which the other inhabitants do not have the slightest clue of why you are the way you are and simply do not care but somehow expect you to behave in a way that is not natural for you...wouldn't you explode and revolt?
I think that the fact that there are not far, far more deaths by dog attacks speaks volumes about how amazing dogs are.

I've always thought that just like you need to go through driving lessons and get a license to drive, people should go through the same to have a pet.

Finally, in 100% of the cases in which a dog attacks a person, the blame falls upon a human being, not necessarily the victim. But making the dog "responsible" and, worse yet, "punishing" him is not just retarded, but downright depraved.

Depsite loving and dogs being one of my favourite, I'm not necessarily against killing dog based on their breed, or at least nowhere near as vehemently as you, Sol and some others are. Dogs used to be wolves, we have breed them to be (for the most part, in the West) cutsie, obedient things. Which by and large they are. We have also breed them to do specific tasks, including being guard/fighting dogs and therefore enhanced those wolf traits that make them killers. As Sol has mentioned fucking show dogs are are entered in to competitions can be horribly inbred, resulting in vicious temperaments as well as horrific birth defects.

None of which is the dog's "fault" and the people in the last category, with horribly inbred showdogs are vile, worthless cunts. At the end of the day though, we have many, many sets of strong muscles attached to very sharp teeth wandering around human society. The more aggressive breeds are exactly that, bred to be so, by no means everyone who owns one but many are Broken Britain types who have them for status and don't look after them properly.

Again, I'm not saying it's the dog's "fault" they didn't chose the natures bred into them or their treatment, furthermore, they, like all non-human animals are not responsible for their actions the way people are. So, do we euthanise all animals abusers, irresponsible owners or people might conceivably "provoke" dogs? The first two are a nice idea at least but are not going to happen, so destroying/banning some breeds of dogs may not be such a bad idea. I'm aware that's a minefield and if a dog is mixed breed it becomes all the more complicated.

I am steadily talking myself into hating digs here.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next