www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - The TV Thread.
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8490 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 418, 419, 420, 421, 422, 423, 424, 425  Next
 The TV Thread. 
Lifer, Deather, Hesher, Whatever.

Post Re: The TV Thread.
Is no one watching the night of? Really? It's incredible.

Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:33 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

Never heard of it.

Season one of Preacher finished. I'm not impressed. I knew it wouldn't be a direct adaptation but the deviations from the source material have made it into a completely different prospect, and not a particularly enjoyable one for me. Dunno whether I'll bother with season two, and I'm just hoping that the proposed The Boys adaptation from the same team falls through.

Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:30 am

"The Night of" is on HBO - believe it is loosely based on a BBC drama. About a kid who is accused of murder - very well done show. Highly recommended.

Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:07 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Up to Season 4 of Vikings.

Seems to be less about the Vikings and more about what the French and English. Kind of a let-down but it's still good. Linus Roche is certainly a better actor than his dad.

Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:14 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Solaris wrote:
Never heard of it.

Season one of Preacher finished. I'm not impressed. I knew it wouldn't be a direct adaptation but the deviations from the source material have made it into a completely different prospect, and not a particularly enjoyable one for me. Dunno whether I'll bother with season two, and I'm just hoping that the proposed The Boys adaptation from the same team falls through.

Yeah I was rather disappointed with it. I still watched every episode to see if it would get better though. I think it just started to get interesting on the last episode so I will give Season 2 a go when it comes out. It looks like they have taken a whole season to get to where they were right at the start of the first book. I hope it gets faster paced from here on in.

Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:01 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Have recently been watching repeats of The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin. Yes, it's 40 years old, and it's sexist, homophobic and mildly racist, but it's incredibly funny and very cleverly written. Leonard Rossiter was absolutely brilliant as Reggie. Also funny to see Sue Nicholls not being Audrey Roberts.

I am Deth!!! Fukk You!!! 我死了!你他媽的!나는 죽음 이다! 엿 먹어 !私は死です!あなたをファック!أنا الموت! اللعنة عليك !Я - смерть! Пошел на хуй !איך בין טויט! באַרען איר!میں موت ہوں! تم بھاڑ میں جاؤ !Olen kuolema ! Haista vittu !Είμαι ο θάνατος ! Γαμήσου !Yr wyf marwolaeth ! Ffyc chi!Ek is die dood! Fok jou !मैं मृत्यु हूं! फक यू!

"Anyone who says a bad fuck is better than a good wank has obviously never had either." - my mate Anthony

Metalcore- parting morons from their money since ages ago.

Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:45 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Finished Season 4 of Vikings.

SLIGHT SPOILER (although I'm guessing you've all seen it before anyway)

Was ok but the bit where it turned into a sort of French-Scandanavian Fitzcorraldo was fucking stupid.

Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:56 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Finished watching Psychoville, fuckin genius.
That Tina Turner scene :D

Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:25 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

ChrisLiebing wrote:
"The Night of" is on HBO - believe it is loosely based on a BBC drama. About a kid who is accused of murder - very well done show. Highly recommended.

Looked it up and I've gone back to the source material (Criminal Justice), season one of which is the basis for The Night Of. Not sure when I'll get around to watching it - in addition to the many programmes I'm partway through watching, I've begun Oliver Stone's Untold History Of The United States, which (three episodes in) is quite interesting.

I've also got From Darkness lined up (I'm a sucker for Anne Marie Duff, I quite enjoyed The Virgin Queen and she was the best thing in Shameless) and I've heard good things about Broadchurch (Olivia Coleman is always watchable).

Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:21 pm
Infant-ile
Infant-ile

WATP wrote:

now watch Inside No. 9.

Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:24 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

WATP wrote:

This was my highlight of Psychoville.

Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:46 pm
Profile WWW
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

FeedMeVibration wrote:
WATP wrote:

Nothing else in that show did anything for me. But that scene is so good.

Nah the whole thing is great.

Even just the wee bits, like when David gives his mum the book about Fred West, and it just cuts to her reading it, laughing.

Only seen a couple of episodes of Inside No 9, so it's next on the list.

David is quality.

Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:46 pm

ChrisLiebing wrote:

This show is phenomenal. Six (of eight) episodes in and it keeps getting better.

Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:05 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Boardwalk Empire. I've nearly finished series 2.

Class show.

Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:47 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

I've still got Season 4 and 5 to watch of that, it's dear as fuck to get on blu ray though. 'Tis good though

Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:18 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

WATP wrote:
I've still got Season 4 and 5 to watch of that, it's dear as fuck to get on blu ray though. 'Tis good though

Best bit is Michael Shannon.

Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:00 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

Very hit and miss, Boardwalk Empire, more so as it progressed but I agree about Michael Shannon being the best thing about it. He's usually the best highlight of anything he's in, to be fair.

Kelly MacDonald's accent is fucking atrocious, by the way. She sounds brain damaged.

Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:05 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

I've still got the last few episodes from series 5 to watch. Never seem to get round to it.

I am Deth!!! Fukk You!!! 我死了!你他媽的!나는 죽음 이다! 엿 먹어 !私は死です!あなたをファック!أنا الموت! اللعنة عليك !Я - смерть! Пошел на хуй !איך בין טויט! באַרען איר!میں موت ہوں! تم بھاڑ میں جاؤ !Olen kuolema ! Haista vittu !Είμαι ο θάνατος ! Γαμήσου !Yr wyf marwolaeth ! Ffyc chi!Ek is die dood! Fok jou !मैं मृत्यु हूं! फक यू!

"Anyone who says a bad fuck is better than a good wank has obviously never had either." - my mate Anthony

Metalcore- parting morons from their money since ages ago.

Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:38 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Solaris wrote:
Very hit and miss, Boardwalk Empire, more so as it progressed but I agree about Michael Shannon being the best thing about it. He's usually the best highlight of anything he's in, to be fair.

Kelly MacDonald's accent is fucking atrocious, by the way. She sounds brain damaged.

Her accent sounds fine to me. The guy playing Chalky White needs to do more than snarl his delivery though.

Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:51 am
Climate Control
Climate Control

She's supposed to be from Kerry but there's no trace of it in her accent. It's just a flat, generic, Oirish accent. Trust me, I have a lot of family from that part of the country, she's way off. Speaking slowly and precisely are alien to those folk.

She's got form, obviously. Just watch Intermission (she plays one of three sisters, or two sisters and their mother, each of which have completely different accents, with only the actual Dub sounding right).

Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 8490 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 418, 419, 420, 421, 422, 423, 424, 425  Next