www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - The TV Thread.
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 2:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 8507 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 419, 420, 421, 422, 423, 424, 425, 426  Next
 The TV Thread. 
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Post Re: The TV Thread.
Chalky's just 1930s Omar

Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:01 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Solaris wrote:
She's supposed to be from Kerry but there's no trace of it in her accent. It's just a flat, generic, Oirish accent. Trust me, I have a lot of family from that part of the country, she's way off. Speaking slowly and precisely are alien to those folk.

She's got form, obviously. Just watch Intermission (she plays one of three sisters, or two sisters and their mother, each of which have completely different accents, with only the actual Dub sounding right).

I wouldn't know about Kerry as I've never been there. But I think the worst Irish accent I've heard was either Richard Gere in The Jackal or possibly someone in that dodgy Eastenders Irish special from 20 years ago...

Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:01 am
Climate Control
Climate Control

Tommy Lee Jones in Blown Away.

Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:24 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Solaris wrote:
Tommy Lee Jones in Blown Away.

Not seen that one.

Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:10 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

Keep it that way, utter dross.

Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:10 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

*pictures TLJ in a dress*

The missus started watching that American Horror Story crap a few weeks ago. She's onto series 3 of it now and it's fucking shite, it is.
How it takes 12 hours to tell such shitty, mundane stories is a new one on me. Fucking Lord Of The Rings took 12 hours. This geebaggery should be done in 45 minutes each time.

Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:50 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Was watching Vice Principals the other night. There was a bit with a muscle-head guy working out in his garage, annoying one of the main characters because of the music he was blasting. The music in question? Slaughter In The Vatican by Exhorder. 8-) 8-) 8-)

I am Deth!!! Fukk You!!! 我死了!你他媽的!나는 죽음 이다! 엿 먹어 !私は死です!あなたをファック!أنا الموت! اللعنة عليك !Я - смерть! Пошел на хуй !איך בין טויט! באַרען איר!میں موت ہوں! تم بھاڑ میں جاؤ !Olen kuolema ! Haista vittu !Είμαι ο θάνατος ! Γαμήσου !Yr wyf marwolaeth ! Ffyc chi!Ek is die dood! Fok jou !मैं मृत्यु हूं! फक यू!

"Anyone who says a bad fuck is better than a good wank has obviously never had either." - my mate Anthony

Metalcore- parting morons from their money since ages ago.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:22 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

FeedMeVibration wrote:
WATP wrote:
That Tina Turner scene :D

Nothing else in that show did anything for me. But that scene is so good.

They took the idea from a documentary on Blackpool B&B owners, one of which was a woman who blacked up and mimed to Tina Turner, to "entertain her guests".

Finished Stranger Things a few days ago, really, really enjoyed it but I do wonder how much of that was down to nostalgia. The 80s setting and general "80s-ness" mostly enhanced it until the last episode where I things went a little far. It's the sort of story I will buy into big time but I do wonder about what would happen if it was set in the modern day.

Could it be set in the modern day? You would have the contemporary horror "mobile phone problem", though the effects of the plot could remove that issue. Maybe it works better in a simpler time and it exploits, things like D&D, the Cold War etc effectively. It juggled its balls (HURR) just well enough for me but if it had been any longer it would have outstayed its welcome, I do also wonder about the the extent the nostalgia exercise prejudiced me in favour of it, it had me thinking about Simon Reynolds' Retromania the whole time.

The ending is simultaneously satisfying and frustrating, a second series has been commissioned, this could be a disaster. The programme really needs to change in terms of plot and writing to succeed, my expectations are low, they managed the highwire act this time, I don't know if they can do it twice, with increased stakes.

Soundtrack: "everyone" seems to be raving about this, I thought it was good, part Carpenter, part Tangerine Dream, it is noticeable but not intrusive. However, it does rob the series of some of the threat, due to it's retro-nature there's a kitsch value, and as much as it evokes old horror films, it also draws too much attention to that kitsch.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:19 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

I think this is it:

Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:36 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Watched the interview with Reece when he talks about the Blackpool documentary, the real thing is just as creepy :D

Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:55 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Cuchulainn wrote:

The missus started watching that American Horror Story crap a few weeks ago. She's onto series 3 of it now and it's fucking shite, it is.
How it takes 12 hours to tell such shitty, mundane stories is a new one on me. Fucking Lord Of The Rings took 12 hours. This geebaggery should be done in 45 minutes each time.

The first four seasons are all at least three episodes too long but are decent enough stories. The second season would have been brilliant but they included an utterly pointless alien subplot for some reason.
After a fairly reasonable three or four episodes, Season 4 (Freakshow) quickly becomes completely fucking unwatchable. Seriously, tell your missus to skip that one.

Last season still had some flaws, but Lady Gaga was excellent and it may actually have been the best season to date.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:55 am
Profile WWW
Lifer, Deather, Hesher, Whatever.

ChrisLiebing wrote:
ChrisLiebing wrote:
"The Night of" is on HBO - believe it is loosely based on a BBC drama. About a kid who is accused of murder - very well done show. Highly recommended.

This show is phenomenal. Six (of eight) episodes in and it keeps getting better.

The show just ended and its criminal that no one here is watching and/or discussing. Five fist series.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:35 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:04 pm
Profile WWW
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

One of the greatest dramas in British television history is up in it's entirety for free on youtue.

I present: The Sandbaggers.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjIeFU ... n6g/videos

Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:48 pm

Narcos season 2 now available on Netflix. That's my Sunday sorted, then.

Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:52 am
Climate Control
Climate Control

Has anyone seen Generation War (Unsere Mütter, Unsere Väter)? Just catching a but of it now, seems like it could be interesting.

Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:00 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

ChrisLiebing wrote:

Watched it in a day.
Great stuff. A little Hollywood in places, but overall a perfectly acceptable way to spend ten hours.

Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:47 am
Profile WWW

Spiny Norman wrote:
ChrisLiebing wrote:

Watched it in a day.
Great stuff. A little Hollywood in places, but overall a perfectly acceptable way to spend ten hours.

Just finished it. Loved it. Who would win a most evil poll: Pablo or Osama? The total death counts would be about the same I'm guessing.

Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:22 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Filthy, Rich & Catflap.

Proof that not everything Rik May all was in was gold. No wonder it only got one series...

Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:01 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Triggmartyr wrote:
Filthy, Rich & Catflap.

Proof that not everything Rik May all was in was gold. No wonder it only got one series...

Didn't think it was that bad, although not as good as The Young Ones or Bottom.

Just finished watching the final series of Banshee. All the good guys who needed to die died, all the right good guys survived. Plenty of gratuitous nudity and violence. Will miss it. :(

I am Deth!!! Fukk You!!! 我死了!你他媽的!나는 죽음 이다! 엿 먹어 !私は死です!あなたをファック!أنا الموت! اللعنة عليك !Я - смерть! Пошел на хуй !איך בין טויט! באַרען איר!میں موت ہوں! تم بھاڑ میں جاؤ !Olen kuolema ! Haista vittu !Είμαι ο θάνατος ! Γαμήσου !Yr wyf marwolaeth ! Ffyc chi!Ek is die dood! Fok jou !मैं मृत्यु हूं! फक यू!

"Anyone who says a bad fuck is better than a good wank has obviously never had either." - my mate Anthony

Metalcore- parting morons from their money since ages ago.

Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8507 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 419, 420, 421, 422, 423, 424, 425, 426  Next