www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - The TV Thread.
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 420, 421, 422, 423, 424, 425, 426, 427  Next
 The TV Thread. 
Climate Control
Climate Control

Post Re: The TV Thread.
ChrisLiebing wrote:
ChrisLiebing wrote:
ChrisLiebing wrote:
"The Night of" is on HBO - believe it is loosely based on a BBC drama. About a kid who is accused of murder - very well done show. Highly recommended.

This show is phenomenal. Six (of eight) episodes in and it keeps getting better.

The show just ended and its criminal that no one here is watching and/or discussing. Five fist series.

I'd planned on watching the BBC original series first but curiosity got the better of me and I've just finished it. Excellent stuff, though I found Nas' character change unbelievable and a bit forced for the sake of ramping up tension, but overall I enjoyed it immensely. Recommended.

I'm looking forward to the return of The Fall next week, though where they're going to go with the story I don't know.

Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:26 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

The missus and I are currently watching the first series of Outlander. It's not bad.

Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:43 am
Climate Control
Climate Control

Every episode of Outlander makes me want to punch her in the face and wonder why every male character she disobeys and mouths off to didn't do similar . . .

Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:12 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Blain Cooper wrote:
Every episode of Outlander makes me want to punch her in the face and wonder why every male character she disobeys and mouths off to didn't do similar . . .

They have, in fairness... :)

Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:39 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

Not nearly as much as I wanted. #misogyny

Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:18 am
Lifer, Deather, Hesher, Whatever.
Lifer, Deather, Hesher, Whatever.

This show is phenomenal. Six (of eight) episodes in and it keeps getting better.[/quote]
The show just ended and its criminal that no one here is watching and/or discussing. Five fist series.[/quote]
I'd planned on watching the BBC original series first but curiosity got the better of me and I've just finished it. Excellent stuff, though I found Nas' character change unbelievable and a bit forced for the sake of ramping up tension, but overall I enjoyed it immensely. Recommended.

I'm looking forward to the return of The Fall next week, though where they're going to go with the story I don't know.[/quote]

Glad you enjoyed - though I hear what you're saying about Nasir's evolution. Loved Turturo's acting as well he was amazing. The little nuances about the justice system here in New York were spot on as well. More people need to watch this!

Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:45 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Have been watching series 3 of Halt and Catch Fire. It wouldn't be to everyone's taste, cos there's not huge amounts of sex, no violence and definitely no murdering. However, it's a great reminder of 1980s computing, and the beginnings of the internet and the like.

I am Deth!!! Fukk You!!! 我死了!你他媽的!나는 죽음 이다! 엿 먹어 !私は死です!あなたをファック!أنا الموت! اللعنة عليك !Я - смерть! Пошел на хуй !איך בין טויט! באַרען איר!میں موت ہوں! تم بھاڑ میں جاؤ !Olen kuolema ! Haista vittu !Είμαι ο θάνατος ! Γαμήσου !Yr wyf marwolaeth ! Ffyc chi!Ek is die dood! Fok jou !मैं मृत्यु हूं! फक यू!

"Anyone who says a bad fuck is better than a good wank has obviously never had either." - my mate Anthony

Metalcore- parting morons from their money since ages ago.

Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:47 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Saw two episodes of the new series of Red Dwarf.

There was the odd chuckle but nothing special.

Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:40 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

So they're the best episodes to date, then?

Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:45 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Haw! early Red Dwarf was good

Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:49 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

WATP wrote:
Haw! early Red Dwarf was good

Dunno if we've done this but...

Best Red Dwarf Series...

Series 4.
Series 5.
Series 3.
Series 2.
Series 10.
Series 6.
Series 8.
Series 9 (That 'Special' where they ended up on Corrie).
Series 1.
Series 7.

Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:05 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

So far, I've been really enjoying the new series. On the basis of the two episodes so far, I'd put it between 4 & 7.

Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:49 am
Profile WWW
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Agents of SHIELD - The introduction of Ghost Rider (sort of) made for a bit of a wobbly first episode but things are already settling down and getting back to normal.

Ash vs Evil Dead - carrying on from the first season in every way.

American Horror Story - shaping up to be the strongest story to date. Although there are already ominous signs that they're desperate to fuck things up yet again.

Modern Family - already better than most of the disappointing previous season.

Z Nation - It's the apocalypse, baby. Roll with it.

Masters of Sex - excruciatingly depressing in places but Michael Sheen is fantastic.

Scream Queens - disappointing second season so far. Bringing Chad Radwell back was a top move though.

From Dusk Till Dawn - erratic and disappointing third season so far. Five episodes in and still basically a monster of the week show this time.

Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:40 pm
Profile WWW
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Our Friends In The North.

Drama about four friends and their lives between 1964 - 1995 against a backdrop of then-current events, such as political corruption and police corruption etc. Very good drama although despite living in the North East for all my life, I've yet to find the part of the region Daniel Craig's 'Geordie' accent comes from...

Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:59 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Nearly finished my rewatch of the whole Twin Peaks but definitely time to say that the worst part of season two is a LOT worse than I ever remembered.

Thankfully the tail end of season two is a lot better than i remembered so i am actually back to enjoying it

Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:09 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I picked up the Blu-ray box set a couple of weeks ago for a stupidly cheap price and have been watching it again myself.

The first season is utterly superb, but the drop-off half way through the second is jarring. Almost straight after Laura's killer is revealed the show begins to nosedive. Shit new characters and shit storylines don't help either. High School Super-Nadine is hideous, Save The Pine Weasel is just as bad, Andy and that awful twat Dick Tremayne and the adopted kid. Semi-catatonic Leo was creepy as fuck, Ben Horne going bonkers was fun, and James and the hot blonde passed the time, but if it wasn't for the David Lynch directed episodes, Miguel Ferrer, David Duchovny, and Kenneth Welsh as Windom Earle then I would have had a real struggle to finish it the first time.

Only got 7 more episodes to go until I finish it again, and then it's Fire Walk with Me, and The Missing Pieces (which I haven't seen).

Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:16 pm
Profile WWW
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

An old fella in New Zealand here died of a heart attack watching Coro St. the other night. :o

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/8563881 ... onation-st

I am Deth!!! Fukk You!!! 我死了!你他媽的!나는 죽음 이다! 엿 먹어 !私は死です!あなたをファック!أنا الموت! اللعنة عليك !Я - смерть! Пошел на хуй !איך בין טויט! באַרען איר!میں موت ہوں! تم بھاڑ میں جاؤ !Olen kuolema ! Haista vittu !Είμαι ο θάνατος ! Γαμήσου !Yr wyf marwolaeth ! Ffyc chi!Ek is die dood! Fok jou !मैं मृत्यु हूं! फक यू!

"Anyone who says a bad fuck is better than a good wank has obviously never had either." - my mate Anthony

Metalcore- parting morons from their money since ages ago.

Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:28 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Can't say I'm too surprised. Most people die a little on the inside every time they watch Coronation Street.

Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:00 pm
Profile WWW
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Nobody here talking about The Walking Dead premier? That shit was awesome. They went SO far with the brutality and the soul crushing story lines. I don't know how they keep the intensity, but they've managed it for the most part thus far.

Technique only exists to do justice to your potential

Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:20 pm
Opinionated Loudmouth. Perkele!
Opinionated Loudmouth. Perkele!

Matsui wrote:
Nearly finished my rewatch of the whole Twin Peaks but definitely time to say that the worst part of season two is a LOT worse than I ever remembered.

Thankfully the tail end of season two is a lot better than i remembered so i am actually back to enjoying it

How odd, also on a Twin Peaks mission and came to basically make this^ post, except I'm a bit behind you. Season 1 was as good to watch as ever, I'm a few episodes into Season 2 and starting to get sparks of memories of the shit ideas that make up the, yeah.. worst parts... it's not fully terrible, but the rough bits are pretty rough. There are some very wank arcs coming up, I'd forgot about fucking Dick Tremayne, god dammit. It's still hilarious in bits, but I'm remembering how so very painful it is to watch in some parts.. Agreed with Spiny Norman; perfect breakdown, I'm back looking forward to some of it too now as well again now, so thanks.

Also now watching Cow And Chicken in parallel, and it is cracking me the hell up, really funny and grotesque cartoon with very disgusting ideas throughout. It's quite adult, a lot of it. Torrent contained none of the I Am Weasel segments though... WUT YOU DOIN. Bad pirating.

The episode "Buffalo Gals", that only aired once because of complaints when it did about the negative lesbian stereotypes it contains, was in the torrent though. I'd never seen it - god, it's only a gang of ugly-faced, butch, gruff-voiced, short-haired, no-waisted, "Chicken"-hating female bikers who break into people's houses and eat their carpets, and have little swatches of carpet as their business cards, then go to their compound and sing songs about "coming out [tonight]"..

Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:11 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 420, 421, 422, 423, 424, 425, 426, 427  Next