www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - The TV Thread.
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8572 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 429  Next
 The TV Thread. 
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Post Re: The TV Thread.
Steve wrote:
Secrets of Myr's absurdly high post count revealed!

Long term unemployment, boredom, an increasingly short attention span and too much caffeine.

Fri May 07, 2010 5:08 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

The one time I ever saw Eight Out Of Ten Cats, James Corden and Charlie Brooker were on it. Brooker sat there, bored out of his tits, while everyone howled with laughter at every inane, idiotic piece of nonsense Corden came up with. Every so often Charlie would get inspired and blurt out something genuinely funny, at which everyone would stare at him in silence with the disgust normally reserved for people who boast about bumming children, before Corden made another willy joke and they all started howling again. Horrible.

Fri May 07, 2010 5:30 pm
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

The latest episode of Ashes To Ashes was brilliant, and exactly the kind of thing I was hoping this new series would deliver. I've been rather unexcited since the end of season 2, and have mostly been sticking with it out of loyalty and curiousity, but this one's brought me right back on board, and given me hope that the two-part finale will have been worth the wait.

Fri May 07, 2010 10:08 pm
Richie H-R wrote:
The one time I ever saw Eight Out Of Ten Cats, James Corden and Charlie Brooker were on it. Brooker sat there, bored out of his tits, while everyone howled with laughter at every inane, idiotic piece of nonsense Corden came up with. Every so often Charlie would get inspired and blurt out something genuinely funny, at which everyone would stare at him in silence with the disgust normally reserved for people who boast about bumming children, before Corden made another willy joke and they all started howling again. Horrible.

This just reminded me to moan about Johnny Vegas on QI. He has no place on there, he ruins it. In fact, he has no place being on TV. You can see Stephen Fry humouring him like a child.

Fri May 07, 2010 10:17 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

QI's been crap for ages, since they stopped getting clever funny people and just got comedians. I usually like Lee Mack, but he shouldn't be on QI, right? They had John Sessions on it once; him and Stephen Fry having a conversation was quite wonderful to hear.

Fri May 07, 2010 10:29 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

If Will Self is to be believed Johnny Vegas is actually a well-read erudite man who's been clever enough to carve out a niche for himself in which he's never required to be sober. Besides, sometimes the complete idiots turn out to be unbelievably knowledgeable. Anyone remember Rory McGrath in the first series?

Fri May 07, 2010 10:33 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

There is hope for me then.
Beermoth wrote:

It was Christmas at Toad Hall. They put on a show at the Hall. Toad was supposed to sing a song but he swallowed his false moustache, so Mole had to take his place.
Turned out all right in the end.

Fri May 07, 2010 10:38 pm
Profile WWW
Climate Control
Climate Control

I watched some of that Strike Back today with my brother. Fuck me but it's a load of shit. He laps up his books too, I don't get it...

Myrddyn wrote:
Solaris wrote:
Ah. Can't abide Generation Terrorists, I've only got This Is My Truth Tell Me Yours apart from those I mentioned, and it's OK, nothing special. I've heard Send Away The Tigers and it did nothing for me, haven't heard anything else of theirs.

Send Away the Tigers is far and away the worst thing they've done, I don't understand all the "The Manics Are Back!" bollocks that went with it. Lifeblood is infinitely better, it scared off the knuckle dragging, lager swilling element of their fanbase because it was midly electronic. If you like THB you may like Journal for Plague Lovers, it's vaguely in the same, stripped down, punky style buit nowhere near as bleak and frankly nowhere near as good, to put that comment in context, THB is one of my favourite albums.

Mine too. I'll look Journal... up, cheers Myr.

Fri May 07, 2010 10:48 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Beermoth wrote:
Beermoth wrote:

It was Christmas at Toad Hall. They put on a show at the Hall. Toad was supposed to sing a song but he swallowed his false moustache, so Mole had to take his place.

Sounds like Three's Company with animals.

Fri May 07, 2010 11:20 pm
Profile WWW
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

New Bones was a surprise. Nothing incredible about the story, just what happens to two of the characters.
The wife cried.

Fri May 07, 2010 11:21 pm
Profile WWW
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Spiny Norman wrote:
New Bones was a surprise. Nothing incredible about the story, just what happens to two of the characters.
The wife cried.

Really? If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, your wife is lame :D

Fri May 07, 2010 11:29 pm
Profile WWW
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Fhil wrote:
Spiny Norman wrote:
The wife cried.

Really? If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, your wife is lame :D

Fhil's taking no prisoners tonight.

Fri May 07, 2010 11:31 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Started watching Spartacus: Blood And Sand thanks to Spiny's recommendations. 20 minutes in and I'm filled with glee at the utter crap cgi sets, slow-mo/speed up fight sequences and excessive gore, nudity and swearing. Perfect mind-numbing entertainment.

EDIT: Because BLOOD ON THE SAND is a 50 CENT computer game and not a television series about decadence and violence.

Since the order of the world is governed by death, perhaps it is better for God that we should not believe in Him and struggle with all our strength against death, without raising our eyes to heaven and to His silence.

Sat May 08, 2010 12:02 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

Fhil wrote:

Christ Fhil, tell me you're only joking, and you've heard of Wind In The Willows really. Please.

Sat May 08, 2010 12:29 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Fhil wrote:
Spiny Norman wrote:
The wife cried.

Hodgins and Angela.

Sat May 08, 2010 12:37 am
Profile WWW
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Richie H-R wrote:
Fhil wrote:

Christ Fhil, tell me you're only joking, and you've heard of Wind In The Willows really. Please.

I've heard of the book, not the show though.

Sat May 08, 2010 3:24 am
Profile WWW
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Spiny Norman wrote:
Fhil wrote:
Spiny Norman wrote:
The wife cried.

Hodgins and Angela.

Yeah, I tought that was handled quite poorly, way too quick!

Sat May 08, 2010 3:24 am
Profile WWW
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Beermoth wrote:
Beermoth wrote:

well i for one am loving your reviews moth, keep them coming!!! ratty and mole ftw

Sat May 08, 2010 6:22 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

I'd just like to say that now having seen both:

Life On Mars english version>Life on Mars american version.

And to add to that Ashes to Ashes is growing on me with every episode...

Here ends my thread non sequitur

Sat May 08, 2010 12:40 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

markhebb wrote:
I'd just like to say that now having seen both:

Life On Mars english version>Life on Mars american version.

No, I think you'll find the American version never happened, and the world is a finer place because of it. :D

Sat May 08, 2010 1:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8572 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 429  Next