www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - The TV Thread.
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 8572 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 414, 415, 416, 417, 418, 419, 420 ... 429  Next
 The TV Thread. 
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Post Re: The TV Thread.
Triggmartyr wrote:
New episode was alright, some canny bits. But I had no idea what Danerys and the Dolthraki were going on about as the subtitles were in Greek.

MINOR SPOILER ALERT

Basically, the guys who took her prisoner didn't know who she was and that she could speak Dothraki, so they were wondering if she was blonde all over. When she got to see Khal Moro, he was going to cut her head off and/or shag her until she said she was the widow of a Khal. That made her unshaggable. Now they're going to ship her off to a temple where all the widows of Khals spend their days.

I am Deth!!! Fukk You!!! 我死了!你他媽的!나는 죽음 이다! 엿 먹어 !私は死です!あなたをファック!أنا الموت! اللعنة عليك !Я - смерть! Пошел на хуй !איך בין טויט! באַרען איר!میں موت ہوں! تم بھاڑ میں جاؤ !Olen kuolema ! Haista vittu !Είμαι ο θάνατος ! Γαμήσου !Yr wyf marwolaeth ! Ffyc chi!Ek is die dood! Fok jou !मैं मृत्यु हूं! फक यू!

"Anyone who says a bad fuck is better than a good wank has obviously never had either." - my mate Anthony

Metalcore- parting morons from their money since ages ago.

Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:29 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I quite liked the new episode.
There were a couple of surprises and it always felt like something was happening. One of the better season openers.

Fear The Walking Dead was close to nearly being good this week.
Then everyone had an attack of the stupids and that put paid to that.

Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:21 am
Profile WWW
Climate Control
Climate Control

Triggmartyr wrote:
New episode was alright, some canny bits. But I had no idea what Danerys and the Dolthraki were going on about as the subtitles were in Greek.

They were making fun of her saying that she probably thought that Paul Bostaph was a better drummer than Lombardo.

When she met the main dothraki guy she told him she'd seen slayer in 86, hence his surprise and respect.

Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:25 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

Question mainly for Spiny: Much as I enjoy watching Hayley Atwell doing her thing, Agent Carter just isn't very good. Does it add much to the MCU, will I miss out on any important element of the overall storyline/arc by giving it a miss? I managed two episodes of season two before terminal boredom set in.

Sun May 08, 2016 1:05 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Solaris wrote:
Question mainly for Spiny: Much as I enjoy watching Hayley Atwell doing her thing, Agent Carter just isn't very good. Does it add much to the MCU, will I miss out on any important element of the overall storyline/arc by giving it a miss? I managed two episodes of season two before terminal boredom set in.

Doesn't really add much to the MCU at all really. Just gives *that scene* in the new Cap film a little more resonance.
I quite liked AC tbf.
I liked the first series, but the second one wasn't quite as good.

Sun May 08, 2016 2:50 pm
Profile WWW
Climate Control
Climate Control

I struggled with the first season (there were two or three decent episodes) so might give it a miss from here on.

Sun May 08, 2016 3:02 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Both series start fairly forgettably but get better as they go along tbf.

Sun May 08, 2016 3:03 pm
Profile WWW
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Finished watching Daredevil season 2, yesterday. It was enjoyable. I'm still not a fan of The Punisher as a character, but as far as capturing the essence yer man Shane from The Walking Dead nails Frank Castle. I think The Hand were handled well, particularly seeing how much of an 80's Ninja trope they are.

Since the order of the world is governed by death, perhaps it is better for God that we should not believe in Him and struggle with all our strength against death, without raising our eyes to heaven and to His silence.

Tue May 17, 2016 1:24 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Has anyone else watched the first episode of Preacher?

I am not sure what to think. While it would be boring for it to be a carbon copy of the comic it seems they have changed almost everything about the story. Mind you the pilot episode didn't cover a lot of ground and spent a lot of time fleshing out characters. It could go either way really, I hope it is enjoyable either way. Have to wait two weeks for the second episode now.

Tue May 24, 2016 6:31 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

Disappointing pilot really, though it had its moments. Watchmen has taught us that direct adaptations are a waste of time, so I don't mind some deviation from the comic (which everyone should read, obviously), but Jesse was never that much of a wuss, even before things kicked off. Not sure about the casting there, TBH. My only other gripe is with Cassidy's accent, it's atrocious Oirish nonsense. He's got the character down though, or seems to have at this early stage. Tulip was great.

Tue May 24, 2016 11:52 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Are we all just gonna sit here on the interwebz pretend that the next time someone asks us to hold the door, we're not going to drop to the floor, curl up in a fetal position and weep like a baby?

Technique only exists to do justice to your potential

Wed May 25, 2016 12:55 am
Climate Control
Climate Control

It was all a dream. Yep. Never happened.

Wed May 25, 2016 7:12 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Duckstyle wrote:
Are we all just gonna sit here on the interwebz pretend that the next time someone asks us to hold the door, we're not going to drop to the floor, curl up in a fetal position and weep like a baby?

I am Deth!!! Fukk You!!! 我死了!你他媽的!나는 죽음 이다! 엿 먹어 !私は死です!あなたをファック!أنا الموت! اللعنة عليك !Я - смерть! Пошел на хуй !איך בין טויט! באַרען איר!میں موت ہوں! تم بھاڑ میں جاؤ !Olen kuolema ! Haista vittu !Είμαι ο θάνατος ! Γαμήσου !Yr wyf marwolaeth ! Ffyc chi!Ek is die dood! Fok jou !मैं मृत्यु हूं! फक यू!

"Anyone who says a bad fuck is better than a good wank has obviously never had either." - my mate Anthony

Thu May 26, 2016 5:13 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

DAMIEN finished with a flourish but it was all far too little too late. The network obviously thought so so too.
Cancelled.

BATES MOTEL was a bit of a non-starter this year, almost like it was acting merely as a gateway to the next season. Still, great last couple of episodes though.

I know absolutely nothing about the comic side of PREACHER but what I saw in the pilot was definitely worth me returning to. Woody from This Is England's accent is terrible though, to be sure.

Maybe I've just seen too many films about exorcism but OUTCAST didn't grip me as much as I think it should have. I'll definitely give it another go but it had better have some other tricks up its sleeve.

PENNY DREADFUL doesn't know how to do a bad episode. This week's was maybe a little too slow, but worked brilliantly as a character piece and had some top acting by Rory Kinnear and Eva Green. I would like to see an episode where she doesn't spend half the time crying though.

The last two episodes of AGENTS OF SHIELD were nothing short of fantastic. Roll on Season 4.

GAME OF THRONES is already better than last season. Still some pretty dull bits, but far less frequent now. Loving Tormund fancying Brienne.

More people should be watching THE AMERICANS. It's ace.

MODERN FAMILY had its first wobbly season. Fewer laughs and too much recycling of old Frasier storylines.

Thu May 26, 2016 1:09 pm
Profile WWW
Fluffy Bunny Rabbit
Fluffy Bunny Rabbit

Best Penny Dreadful episode that one. Surpassed Game of Thrones, which also had one of the best this season. And it was the first episode that cemented the idea that the books are ruined for good now. Doesn't matter.

I've started the Americans a month ago and I am in the middle of season 3. Great show indeed.

Just started Silicon Valley, it was recommended as a substitute for Big Bang Theory, which has turned to cringe-worthy, unfunny SHIT for many seasons now. Me and my wife are asking ourselves every time why the fuck do we keep watching it? Habitual. Anyway, first two episodes of Silicon Valley seem promising.

Thu May 26, 2016 3:58 pm
Profile WWW
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Vic wrote:

Just started Silicon Valley, it was recommended as a substitute for Big Bang Theory, which has turned to cringe-worthy, unfunny SHIT for many seasons now. Me and my wife are asking ourselves every time why the fuck do we keep watching it? Habitual. Anyway, first two episodes of Silicon Valley seem promising.

Silicon Valley was created by Mike Judge, who also gave us Beavis & Butthead and King of the Hill. Luckily it's a lot funnier than those two.

Mon May 30, 2016 7:29 am
Climate Control
Climate Control

Just the ones that exist. It's always been terrible.

Mon May 30, 2016 10:16 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

A letdown from episode one, TBH. Shouldn't have expected much from the team behind Beavis & Butthead, but I had to give it a try. Genuinely unfunny, I'm afraid.

Mon May 30, 2016 10:42 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I never got into King of the Hill either. There were usually a couple of bits that made me chuckle, but nothing more.

Mon May 30, 2016 11:39 pm
Profile WWW
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Need some TV recommendations along the lines of the quality of The Sopranos, The Shield, The Wire and Breaking Bad

Anyone watched Narcos or Six Feet Under?

Tue May 31, 2016 12:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 8572 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 414, 415, 416, 417, 418, 419, 420 ... 429  Next