www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Pub Landlord vs Metal Fans
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 4:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Pub Landlord vs Metal Fans 
Climate Control
Climate Control

Post Re: Pub Landlord vs Metal Fans
Astro Black wrote:
Was this a masturbation aid, Crom?

It is for me, now.

Wed May 28, 2014 9:46 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Cromwell wrote:
Astro Black wrote:
Was this a masturbation aid, Crom?

No, I was actually at college, as in using library computers.

My best mate used to go on Hanson the band's website / forum and write huge paragraphs about what he'd like to do to Hanson's mum's backdoors, post it, then wait to see how long it took a mod to delete it and ban his computer. He'd then move to another one the next day.

We were 17. It's not very funny, but we thought it was at the time.

When mu friend was at Uni there was a very odd looking guy who used to spend long periods in one of the computer rooms, on a forum for young teenage girls. One day a friend and a couple of others logged onto the site and started to post a description of him and where he was sitting. He got a bit agitated by that, I have no idea if he stopped doing it though.

Wed May 28, 2014 10:39 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

The Wretch wrote:
I think half the people on here would be better off joining a WI forum to discuss doilies and cucumber sandwiches, or attending gigs by that nice Michael Buble, so you won't have to put up with those metulz gangs, with their stage diving and nasty clothes.

If someone more conservatively dressed was singled out at a metal event, you cunts would be the first to complain about it. It has to work both ways chaps, regardless of their "silly nicknames"

Focusing on that aspect completely of misses the point anyway, they were thrown out of a bar they regularly frequented, for seemingly no other reason than how they were dressed. That sort of attitude is outdated and ridiculous, especially as there didn't seem to be an official dress code implied, whether they were fans of metal, hip hop, football, or suited businessmen. It could happen to any number of people on here.

If it comes to light that there was another reason they were kicked out, like aggressive or unacceptable behaviour towards other punters, then fair enough. But that still has nothing to do with their taste in clothes or music, or even the fact that one of them is called "Metal Zed" or whatever.

No one here thinks that what happened was acceptable and of course they have been discriminated against, your'e taking this a bit seriously Wretch, been thrown out of your local recently?

Wed May 28, 2014 10:41 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

I got turned away from my local Chicago Rock Cafe a few years ago because I was wearing an Iron Maiden shirt. :lol: :lol:

I just remember pointing up to the sign saying Rock Cafe and then laughing at the doormen as I walked away. It was the last time I went there for a drink.

Wed May 28, 2014 11:30 pm
Profile WWW
Climate Control
Climate Control

Yeah, poor choice of name Crom.

Thu May 29, 2014 10:55 pm
Climate Control
Climate Control

Guy who runs pub has come out and said :

The group of six only bought two drinks so where asked to leave (the pic that has been circulated was from the pub, 5 drinks can be seen, a sixth is obscured by menus).
One of the group was smoking in the doorway, more inside than out (the only person who went outside was on their phone and didn't smoke).
They stole chairs from seated parties (they took one after being given the ok to do so by the party involved).

He has changed stories depending on where he has been quoted and this is the best he can come up with after 4 or so days.

Oh dear.

Thu May 29, 2014 11:01 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Myrddin wrote:
No one here thinks that what happened was acceptable and of course they have been discriminated against, your'e taking this a bit seriously Wretch, been thrown out of your local recently?

Not recently, no. But when I was younger, yeah, several places, just having a quiet drink, sometimes not even alcohol, and then getting discretely asked to leave. Although one hotel manager apologized later, because she was misinformed about who I was, so maybe they just mistook me for someone else.

But its more so I just find it curious that the nicknames thing is what some people noticed, it was the least notable thing in there for me, and I don't know what it has to do with anything really. Loads of people have silly names anyway, not just metal fans.

Sat May 31, 2014 10:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3