www.Terrorizer.com - View topic - Losing Weight
TERRORIZER FRONT PAGE
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 569 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next
 Losing Weight 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Losing Weight
I'm sure someone will correct me and collapse the threads, but I wanted to talk about dieting and weight loss.

I've been on a dieting and exercise thing, and I've lost a shit load of weight over four months. I feel so much better for it, but it's been hard work.

Anyone else into this sort of thing?

I thought she looked like the head of the English department at a high school, though perhaps that says more about the school I went to than her..

Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:14 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Post Re: Losing Weight
Yes very much so. I was on the Dukan diet and lost 4 stone or more. I'm not as disciplined now though. I like a drink. It's a pretty handy diet though. The only problem is you really need to eat almost every 2 hours. I was living on turkey, yoghurts and coffee. I must go back on it and hit the exercise bike for at least 6 days a week to combat my friday night boozing.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:18 pm
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Yeah, I've lost a fair amount of weight too.

Walking for an hour every day, and using weights mostly, as well as eating properly, and giving up junk food and soft drinks, and I rarely drink beer now anyway, so that's not an issue. I got a rowing machine as well, but I haven't used it as much as I should. Still a fair ways off being my ideal weight and being properly toned but I'm getting there. Want to start using the local swimming pool/gym soon too.

I feel better than I have in years, so I'm determined to keep going.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:24 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Giving up beer is the hardest thing. Every Friday I go and get drunk after work but make sure to walk home to burn off something. Still better than when I used to drink almost every night and weighed over 20 stone.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:29 pm
Space Ranger
Space Ranger

Same, I lost almost 4 stone within 2 years (it's a few years ago, and I kept the weight off)

Completely overhauled my diet and regular exercise. It wasn't easy, but it was well worth it.

Destructive Music
Mørktår
Mørktår Bandcamp

Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:30 pm
Profile WWW
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

You look great Sinmara. Do you drink? I know you have a hectic social life so I'm supposing you do. Booze seems to be my downfall with weight gain.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:53 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

Drink spirits, i did slimming world and got drunk on spirits twice a week, still lost 4 stone in 6/7 months.
I need to get back on the horse, been so lazy lately and even been drinking beer and cider!!

Stuff for sale :
http://www.discogs.com/seller/yailbloor

Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:21 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Neat. I'm glad I'm not alone here :)

I've been watching what I eat almost obsessively. Beer is a definite no-no, three pints takes a 5km run to work off. I miss cheese really badly, with 4 calories per gram I'm doing things like weighing out 12g of cheese so I can enjoy the stuff yet remain within my net calorie target.

Aside from keeping to a calorie goal I've also been running: I find it easy to do three or four 5km runs a week and a couple of shorter ones.

I've followed no special diet other than logging everything I eat on the MyFitnessPal app. It's brilliant for these purposes.

My weight loss is 42lbs in four months.

I thought she looked like the head of the English department at a high school, though perhaps that says more about the school I went to than her..

Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:24 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

i found it hard with doing childcare, running round after a toddler i ate when i could and got lazy.
Ok i'm going to get back into it fully...

Stuff for sale :

Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:27 pm
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

yailbloor wrote:
Drink spirits, i did slimming world and got drunk on spirits twice a week, still lost 4 stone in 6/7 months.
I need to get back on the horse, been so lazy lately and even been drinking beer and cider!!

I'm not sure about this. I like pints because you get drunk gradually but with spirits you just knock them back and before you know it you've drunk the best part of a bottle of vodka in the time it takes you to drink about 8 pints then it hits you all at once and you're fucked. It's very hard to pace yourself with spirits.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:34 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

bás wrote:
yailbloor wrote:

I'm not sure about this. I like pints because you get drunk gradually but with spirits you just knock them back and before you know it you've drunk the best part of a bottle of vodka in the time it takes you to drink about 8 pints then it hits you all at once and you're fucked. It's very hard to pace yourself with spirits.

Drink slow, make tall drinks.

Stuff for sale :

Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:50 pm
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

M0)))rf wrote:
I'd like to lose 3 1/2 stone please. Someone do it for me.

stop eating aero and kit hats

Stuff for sale :

Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:04 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

i have lost over a stone in 14 weeks by going to the gym for at least four times a week my regime is brutal and unsustainable though i do a hour on the cross trainer 4000 Meter's on the rowing machine also light weights and twenty mins on the excises bike,on the plus side i drink at least 10 pints of Guinness a week.but i do realize for the long term diet is the key .

Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:15 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

I was 16 stone in Feb 2011, and now I'm 11st 2lbs. I'm trying to get to 10st 7lbs but that seems to freak people out. They reckon I don't need to lose more weight.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:38 am
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

You don't Trigg. You've done enough.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:40 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

bás wrote:
You don't Trigg. You've done enough.

I still reckon there is room for improvement.

Still, well done Miranda! It's also easier to keep the weight off as well.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:47 am
Star Trooper
Star Trooper

M0)))rf wrote:
yailbloor wrote:
M0)))rf wrote:

stop eating aero and kit hats

I'll ban the fuck out of you, cunt.

a quick way of losing 16 stone for sure.

Stuff for sale :

Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:11 am
Darth Fucking Vader
Darth Fucking Vader

miranda wrote:
Anyone else into this sort of thing?

Used to do it for fighting. Glad I don't have to do it now to be honest. Too much of a sweet tooth.

M0)))rf wrote:

I think you'll find that's 22 kilos you were trying to say saw there, m0)))rfster. But you seen tthat film Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. That guy was on to something I thought. For people who are hugely overweight I mean. But if you tried his diet, that weight would be gone in double quick time.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:54 am
Storm Trooper
Storm Trooper

Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:00 am
Profile WWW
Infant-ry
Infant-ry

i lost around a stone over 3-4 months. i wasnt especially fat or anything, but it felt like i had a sack of spuds strapped to me all day and i didnt like it very much. the first couple of weeks were pretty hard, cutting biscuits and chocolate out and replacing them with carrots and bananas, eating brown bread, no pasta etc. plus i walk around 30-50 miles a week and cycle around the same distance too.

the worst thing to do is to set yourself impossible targets and get impatient. youre not going to lose it in a week so dont try. dont weigh yourself everyday either. weigh yourself once a week at the same time too. agonizing over every ounce is no use either, if youre doing a lot of exercise then you'll put muscle weight on as well as dropping fat, so it might look like youve lost nothing, but its inches that count, not ounces.

the very hardest thing is to stay focussed and committed. when you lose the weight but youve still got a bit of flab or baggy skin, dont throw the towel in and use the 'i guess im just fat' line. thats a cop out. the easy bit is losing weight, getting in shape is much much harder, especially as you get older. dont burn yourself out either. if youre over 30 dont up your exercise rate by more than 25% a week, 10% if youre over 40. this is where patience is essential. try running 50 miles a week for a month and all you'll do is exhaust yourself and get ill. run 10 miles a week for 3 months, then up it a little and so on. same for press up, sit ups and so on. a little often is much better than a lot at once.

also, stay away from negative thinking. instead of saying to yourself 'Im not going to do this' or 'I cant have that' say 'I will complete this and I can have that'. its hard to do, but focussing on negatives is pretty destructive and its what breaks most diet and exercise regimes.

good luck.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 569 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next